All reviews mini fridge collins avenue boardwalk walgreens fontainebleau
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

Terrible ...no parking, bed peeling I cut my leg, backed up tub, trash bags in hallway slow elevator but they make you put $100 deposit ....just wow especially from staying at Royal palms or ritz Carlton don't be fooled by this hotels location!!! Straight dump! Will never stay there again

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandown95
Reviewed June 2, 2016

We stayed here overnight at the beginning of May 2016.
We wanted to give the boutique hotels a try. The staff at the front desk, from what we saw, were ok. No issue there. However, when we got to our room, although it appeared clean, there were minor cosmetic issues throughout the room (i.e. scratched desk, peeling paint, leaning chest of drawers, a drawer nailed shut, bad painting). We immediately learned there was an issue with the bed when we sat on the foot of it and the head rose up almost making us fall. Then there's the noise. In addition to being directly across from the noisy elevator, other GROWN residents were playing loudly in the hall and blaring loud, annoying music. To top it off, our next door neighbor was having loud sex and banging their bed against our wall. Too bad we couldn't call the front desk because our telephone didn't work. Thank god we ventured out for the night and were only staying overnight. When we stepped outside to explore the city, there were people standing in front of the building smoking marijuana. In addition, I watched a male outside moving from corner to corner behaving like a typical drug dealer (I work in law enforcement and have been around lots of drug dealers so I know the signs). The next morning, we were startled awake to the sound of a vacuum cleaner and more noise. The only plus is you aren't staying on the street and for the most part it's clean. Although the location is great, there is nowhere to park within 5 blocks without paying an extraordinary amount of money. Definitely won't be going here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2016

I will start off with the good because there is one positive to staying at this hotel and that is the location. The hotel is in the perfect spot, not too far from downtown south beach but not too close where you will be paying an arm and a leg. The other decent thing about the hotel is the housekeeping staff. They did a good job cleaning the room and were very pleasant to deal with when asking for new towels.

Now for the drawbacks. While the price may seem very reasonable they scam you into paying more. My friends and I had booked a room with 2 queen beds thinking that comfortably slept 4. On the day before we left after staying there for 4 nights they switched off our access cards to the room. We went down to the front desk to get this resolved only to find we were locked out because we had "more than 2 people in the room". My friend found this hotel on a travel website by searching for a room for 4 people. They tried to charge us $25 a night per extra person because of these rules that were listed on a tiny sheet of paper at the front desk. Basically they held our stuff hostage and wouldn't let us back into the room without paying them first. I just want to make sure future potential travelers aren't plagued by the same scam they are running over there.

Lastly, on top of being charged more than what we should have been. Our refrigerator in the room did not work and they never fixed it even after asking them the first day. The phone was also not working until the second to last day we were there.

Overall, I would never stay there again unless they fixed their deceitful policy. There are plenty of other good places to stay that are competitively priced without the hidden charges.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank mortonmb
Reviewed May 17, 2016

my husband and I, my sister and her husband,stayed at Ocean Spray Hotel apr 18-25 2016, the staff on the front desk were very friendly and helpful.. we enjoyed our stay there, it was just across the street from the boardwalk and beach, clean rooms, the beds were very comfortable, pure white sheets, towels and wash cloths, it's an older hotel, the elevator was a little old and slow, but we were not in a hurry, the air conditioning stepping out of the elevator going to our rooms was too cold, subway in the lobby was good, very friendly staff there also, we went on a 7 day cruise and came back to Ocean Spray again for another 3 nights before coming home, all in all we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quite
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edith T
Reviewed May 13, 2016

We went in May to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel and stayed Monday-Friday. We chose it for its location, close to Mount Sinai where my husband had to go for tests. After looking at the review, I was a bit worried but I shouldn't have been! We arrived on a Monday evening and was welcomed by Rosa who was amazingly nice and full of information for us. Our bedroom was on the 6th floor and we could see the ocean! The room was very large, big bed, desk area with chair, 2 wicker armchair, fridge, tv, coffee machine and safe. There was a door in our bedroom which I thought was leading to a connecting bedroom but in fact was a dressing room! Our bathroom was small but perfectly suitable, shower/bath, washbasin, toilet. It was a very nice comfortable bedroom with lots of windows and nice views of Collins avenue and the ocean. The majority of the customers we saw were in their 20's and the first night, I was worried about the noise at night but I did not have too. The only thing which would need updating are the bedrooms doors. Ours had a big draft coming from under . We found several very nice restaurants walking distance from the hotel. We will have to go back to Miami to go to Mount Sinai and we will definitely stay at Ocean Spray Beach Hotel. What really made our stay was the friendliness of ALL the staff, the location and our big nice sunny bedroom!

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple