“Good Location, Bad Service”

Crescent Resort On South Beach
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter and granddaughter for our annual trip. This is a very special time for us, as it's a full week where I get to spend time with just my daughter and grand daughter… First, let me start by saying the the location is decent, I might even rate it as good. It's close to the action and near to the beach. Our trip started out fine, we had a decent room that was clean and the hotel was quiet, not scene-y, which is what we like. But the trip took a big turn for the worse, when we spent the day shopping… We made a pit stop back to the room to drop off some of our bags (with an 18 month old in tow, it's a necessity to stop back at the room and offload some of the bags we were schlepping around…) When we arrived back, we found that one of the bags (with the receipt in it) was gone. To my heartbreak, it was a bag that contained some items for my granddaughter. Who steals baby clothes? When I inquired to the management about my missing items (note: I didn't make any accusations against anyone, I simply asked them to help me because it's not right that new items can go missing from a locked room….) They were completely indifferent. No one cared, no one did anything to make me feel better about the situation, to even be sympathetic would've been nice. No way. The management completely dropped the ball on thisaccuse anyone of stealing…I asked't room was fine a

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Marina B
diamondresorts, Manager at Crescent Resort On South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our property’s tranquil atmosphere. Our team at Crescent Resort on South Beach is sincerely sorry to hear about your lost items, as we truly pursued all options to locate them, and regret you did not receive that impression. We regret that the circumstances did not enable us to reach your desired resolution, and we hope that it will not discourage you from visiting us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crescent Resort On South Beach

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Let's get one thing straight first, to call this a resort is a gross understatement. It is a quaint older hotel with nicely updated rooms and a nice accomodating staff. It is a period hotel probably built in the 1930's or 40's. One small elevator, a gym that is equivalent to a nice home gym and a small lobby area.

The hotel clerk was nice enough to watch our bags as we changed and went to the beach while our room was getting ready. When we got our room it was clean and cool. It was like a small studio apartment. My kids slept on the fold out couch which had the lines supplied in the armoire. A nicely appointed kitchenette as well.

We were staying only one night as we were leaving on a cruise the next day from Port of Miami. Parking in South Beach is non-existent so we had to pay the $32 for valet parking for the night but that just goes with the territory. Our stay was pleasent, the location was in walking distance of everything. I would stay there again if I was in the area and needed a place for a night or two.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor which required us to carry our bags up a short flight of stairs but I wo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BluesmanDave67
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I know Ocean Drive pretty well, but I was taken aback somewhat at the quality of the accommodation at The Crescent Resort. We arrived on a sweltering January afternoon, and it was such a relief to find the room fully air-conditioned and was a cool haven. The room was superb, with up-to-date appliances such as a decent sized microwave, a super-modern electric multi-purpose oven and a hob, with a kettle to boil, which meant at last, after three weeks out of the UK, we could make a decent "cuppa" Add to this a picturesque art-deco style room, appointed in the finery of that genre, all set out in a way that gave the impression of lots of space.
There was nothing "cheap" or "tatty" about this hotel at all. Add to that the amazing location, with bars an restaurants just yards away, the Art Deco Centre adjacent, and of course, the Beach. Well what more can I say than this. If you're looking for a hotel yards away from the beach, you need look no further than The Crescent. It is superb!

Room Tip: Our room did not overlook Ocean Drive directly, so I have no comparison. It was quiet and afforded u...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank George H
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed at hotel in December with parents( parents first time visiting Miami Beach) My mom is a stickler for a clean hotel room- the room are unbelievable clean and the room service is exceptional- Room service came by room 2 times to check to see if we were ready for service( I had put them off because we were late getting up . Not only did the room get service, but on our he second day the Housekeeping director came by room to check to make sure his staff had serviced our room and if he could do anything to make our stay more enjoyable ( his name is Darrell- if you need anything ask for him)

The front desk staff is very pleasant and was able to assist parents with tourist attractions and dining suggestions. Jack was very friendly and informative about the surrounding area attractions.

My only negative was not having enough chairs on front porch of hotel- The view is amazing and to sit out front and people watch makes morning coffee enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try to get a front room 3rd floor- beautiful view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank judy y
Reviewed January 8, 2014

These are absolutely fabulous little Art Deco apartments, right across from the beach. The rooms were comfortable, clean, well decorated and equipped, with TVs in the kitchen/living room and bedrooms. More than enough room for clothes and storage. The staff was friendly and interested.Parking in the area is challenging. Crescent Resort offers valet parking. You are within walking distance of almost anything you might want to see in South Beach. I'll stay again, anytime.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy A
diamondresorts, Manager at Crescent Resort On South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed our central location and the furnishing style was appealing to you. Thank you for you kind comments, we do hope to have an opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Crescent Resort in early December and were really pleased with our choice. Right on Ocean Drive and opposite Lummus Park, the beach was about a two minute walk away. Helpful staff and a room that was the equivalent of a small one bedroom flat made it a really enjoyable experience. Our flight arrived in Miami around 6am and check in was listed as being after 4pm but on arrival we were able to deposit our baggage and the staff made an effort to get us into our room as soon as possible which was fantastic after a red-eye flight from South America. The suite was well equipped with a huge comfy double bed, a whirlpool bath in the bathroom, and a sofa bed settee in the living area which had a small perfectly equipped kitchen. There were two TVs one in the bedroom and one in the living area.

Reception staff were helpful and there was usually free coffee available in the reception area. There was a small gym in the basement which we didn't use, but it looked OK as long as you just wanted to use a treadmill - never anyone there when I looked but then South Beach was just a minute walk away - much more fun than the gym.

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance for breakfast, or it would have been really easy to self cater in the suite - choice is yours.

Would recommend this hotel as excellent value for money

Suggestions to improve would be a few more chairs on the verandah at the front of the hotel, as it was a great place to sit and watch the world go by and there were only three chairs. Also a couple more sun loungers and some parasols for shade on the roof terrace would be great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisStubberfield
Reviewed November 16, 2013

To be in South Beach and walk across the street and be at the beach, nothing beats that. What a pleasure to stay in a historic Art Deco hotel. Everything was clean and the staff was very welcoming. This is a hard place to get into but worth it especially for the space inside the units and the location. To be able to have a kitchen is a huge plus in thus location. The one negative is the TV situation needs updating. If you can get into this property book it and visit.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff L
diamondresorts, Manager at Crescent Resort On South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback as it helps us to improve our service. As the property has recently come under new management, we are in the process of updating many different aspects of the property including but not limited to appliances, and TVs. I hope you will give us a second opportunity on your next visit to South Beach. We are convinced that you will be fully satisfied with the improvements.