“Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!” 1 of 5 stars

Parisian Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139-3111   |
Ranked #194 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Federal City
“Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

A friend and I stayed here from March 24th-26th, although our reservations were from March 24th-27th. Let me explain…
We choose the wrong week to go down to Miami because the WMC was going on at the time and it was almost impossible to find a hotel, so we walked up to the doorsteps of the Parisian Hotel and Suites, happy to hear that they had a vacancy available and could accommodate us for the length of our stay. It was too good to be true.
Upon inspection, the room was as we expected for the area and price. The curtains and bedspread were something from a dump, and we decided immediately not to sleep under the covers. That night I was bitten by bead bugs, and too make matters worst I had on a long sleeved jacket and pants night set, as well as ballet flats for house wear. I had been bitten on my chin several times, my hands, forearms, legs and feet. At least 15% of my body was covered in red, burning, bites.
I went to CVS to purchase some RID (for bed bugs) and Cortisone ($18) for my bites. Told the receptionist and they moved us to the Geneva next door. For fear that, I may have bed bugs in my luggage; I went to the Laundromat to clean everything ($20). After walking around in flip flops, I discovered two blisters that had formed from at least two bites. The next morning the swelling was unbearable and the cortisone was not doing anything for me, so I went back to the CVS and went to the Minute Clinic. The Nurse Practitioner said that she could write me a prescription ($14) for something stronger and verify again that they were bed bug bites ($64).
So in addition to the $500 for the room I had to pay an additional $116 for an inconvenience they had caused. I went to ask to speak to the manager to be reimbursed for my medical expenses, they told me to wait and someone would call. I explained I was leaving the next morning for an early flight and needed to speak to someone that evening so they said someone would be on later. Called 2 hours later, still no response and although it was 3 in the afternoon, I was assured a manager would be able to help me outside of normal business hours. Went back to the hotel, waited in the lobby for 3 hours after being told to have a seat and wait for the manager he was busy (Jay). Finally, my patience had been dissolved and I demanded to speak to the manager quite loudly because he said loud enough for me to hear at least 10 feet away that he was too busy to see anyone that was waiting to see him. Too make a long story short, he told the receptionist to call the police, but they had no grounds to have me removed. They kicked us out the hotel, but not before cursing me and my friend out as well as someone suggesting that their customer service sucked. They called him names that should never be repeated.

Don’t stay here, I think the place is a money laundering place, besides the cops operate like they are in a 3rd world country, and I am surprised the city, hell even the state is apart of the United States. Go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against them!

I have been to Miami before and this trip has made me swear off of ever traveling to the state of Florida ever again unless it is to make a connecting flight or get on a cruise!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
18 Thank sacredraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Why on earth this facility is allowed to operate as a hotel, motel or a holiday inn is beyond me. The nightmare began when we arrived at this dump in the atrium as we were told that a $50 security deposit would need to be collected before check-in as in the event there is damage..WTF?! [--] they should've paid us for staying there! Are you serious this should've been a red flag as the atrium looked like a dumping ground for any loner or transient that needed a place to stay.
1.) The elevator was raggety and questionable as it took less time to carry our 50lb bags to the 2nd floor via the stairs! No help by the two able body male employees, thank you.

2.) We arrived to the urine soaked [--] which was our room unfortunately for the next 18 hours, when the room was booked we specifically told Hotels.com that the room would've been occupied by 4 adults, so why did they only have 2 wash cloths and 1 towel? We had to call and then after no one came we had to go downstairs and demand extra towels!

3.) The water was frighteningly cold, it literally took .45 min to an hour to get luke warm water, we called again to inform them of the issue to which we were told there is nothing they can do as no one was available to assist us..lol What?! Almost another hour later, some strange man (no badge, uniform, he never addressed who he was) came to our room dressed as if he was either coming or going to the nearest club stated he was there to repair the water...Yeah right in dress shoes and a polyester shirt. Needless to say his services were no longer needed as the water in the filthy port-a-potty/bathroom warmed up enough for the rest of us to tolerate a quick shower.

4.) The room was damp and cold and the temperature gauge did not work, when attempts to turn it off just made the room colder. The windows were just as old as the building and the room reaked of body odor, smoke and a hint of urine in the hallways alone.

Needless to say we all were uncomfortable, exhausted, just overall highly disappointed at the conditions to which we were subjected to, the service was very, very poor. The room was very much overpriced even if it was minutes from the beach, I feel I would have been less likely to need a tetanus shot by sleeping on the public street in front of that [--]! The only thing was missing was a few roaches to add to the ambiance. Perhaps even the Parisian was too low class for them as well.

I awoke after finally falling asleep to the couple in the next room sounding as if they were in our room seeming as though the walls were paper thin. I would think if you are looking for 10 minutes of fun that would be the place to do it in as it is not intended for anything else. We all slept on top of the covers as getting under them would really have been a death wish. Where was Chris Hanson with that U/V ultra violet light to expose the many nights of passion that have been done on those beds.

We nearly left everything we owned trying to get the [--] out of there hours later. I should've known from the 2.0 mega pixel picture that they display on their website at a side angle was a joke. Horrible, horrible experience, again I plead with anyone who is looking to visit southbeach miami to reconsider as this is not worth it. A bit of advice for the owner and proprieter of the Parisian hoe-tell either invest in some much needed upgrades or bulldoze it to the ground and start from scratch or check out Hotel Eva next door as they have really nice rooms and wonderful customer service. You are not ready nor are you prepared to run, own or operate as a hotel. They should consider adding a [--] NO button as an option.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
20 Thank hotmomma73

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I've stayed in crappy hotels before but those were when i was younger & looking for a place to get my groove on for an hour and for $20.

The floors under the carpet were warped & made noises every time you walked. The carpet made my feet black. The rooms set up looked worse than a poor single college guys dorm room. There was no cable. The shower head wouldn't work right & the water was either too hot or too cold to take a shower. The towels were small and thin scraggly things you'd probably use to wash your car with. Forget wrapping yourself in one. I couldn't and I'm small. We couldn't get the A/C to a comfortable setting. The dial didn't tell u which was on or off much less what temperature it was at. It was either hot or too damn cold. The walls are paper thin. I cud here the neighbor sneeze. The elevator only held 3 people at a time. The place was over run with ghetto garbage people who were constantly yelling and screaming, making noise, banging on doors, running up and down the hall ways at all hours of the night. Some were even hanging out in the hall ways sitting on the floor. It looked and sounded like the freaking projects. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! U couldn't pay me to stay at this place ever again. The place should be condemned.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
12 Thank janetsarduy
BEVERLY HILLS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel during the WMC perfect location for this evet!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank RX1964
muskegon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

First off i would like to say that if you are going to schedule touring trips down in the front, do not deal with Raul. This guy is a joke. We schedule deep sea fishing with him for three people which was a 9 dollar deposit for each person. We told him that we were not sure if the third was going to go and he said that would be fine and he would give us the deposit back. The next day before we went on the trip my girlfriend asked him for the deposit back and he said that he did not have change. When i came down to talk to him, he ran out the door and did'nt come back for the day because it was our last day and he knew that he was not going to see us. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. Before that we planned another trip and he owed us $3 and he took his money out and handed us a 1$ and said that he didn't have change and he was going to keep it as a tip. For our room it was pretty beat down. The windows were cracked and could not close them. The shower was extremely loud and dirty. The toilet would not stop running, and since there was no lid to lift up and fix we were out of luck. The phone did not work and also there was terrible lighting. THE WORST THING WAS THE ROOM KEYS. Everyday we would have to go down to the front desk and get them reactivated because of they were in your wallet next to another card or rubbing against your pocket to hard they would deactivate which was a pain. I am a college kid and live around worst things then this place but when we are spending 1,484.00 for 5 nights, you would expect something different. The room lady was great and extremely nice. The front desk people could be prix's, but i think i might go back since i did not spend much time inside of the place since the location was perfect and the weather was great. No if the weather was bad, i would not be staying here at all. Another thing is that the hotel pictures is not exactly what the place looked like when were there. Are room did not look like that either.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank auesreef08
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Some friends and I stayed here during WMC 2008 because of the price and location.

The location is great and that's about where any good stuff ends. The rooms in this hotel are atrocious. Dirty with rust stains, bugs, missing shower curtains, mold... the list goes on. We honestly felt like we were living in some sort of crack house. The internet is non-existent and the staff are usually nowhere to be found. They also tried to keep the room deposit that we put down for no reason at all!

I can't stress enough about keeping away from this hotel. You would have to pay me to stay in this dump again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cory_JVancouver
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Worst Hotel I have seen in my 30 years of travel and do not stay here even if the only alternative is the streets. They charged us for 3 nights in advance and we were forced to check out next and there they said they have a no return policy.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business