“not the taj but acceptable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parisian Hotel & Suites

Parisian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #194 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“not the taj but acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

a great location,ok staff,worn but semi clean,seems safe,i got use to it as i have never stayed at this level but it really worked and i liked some of the other people staying there, coffee and juice and pastries in morning are free till 10am,i liked being so close to ocean rd where it is so clean and all the best nightlife seems so plentiful, a nice 24hour diner just steps a way, also the beach i think is very close as the ocean is steps a way also, cabs are easy and all seems really inexpensive,,, and my last night i have to mention,,,CJ's Crabhouse, was the best ,they take the crab shell and fill with tender light crab meat golden browned which waS THE F IN BEST, they were great to us,we hung till 2am enjoying the soft ocean breezes

Room Tip: i think they have some better rooms maybe ,i told them i really might be back and it seemed to help...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank robert m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The front desk is horrible. They never pick up the phone and the manner are just just horrible. $25 ridiculous charges for parking. They even charge me addition $25 without letting me sign anything. Causing me so much trouble to contact the hotel and the back. The room is sooooooo old, with a wired smell. We can not turn off the AC, the room was very cold since it is in winter. The bed are neither clean nor comfortable at all. By the time I went to bed, the only thing I was thinking is getting out of this hotel ASAP..!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophia Y

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Miami after our Wedding in the UK and checked into our already booked hotel - The 'Z' Ocean on collins ( Amazing) We stayed 3 nights in the Z and then drove down to Key West for 7 nights before returning to Miami South Beach for our remaining 2 nights. After a nightmare journey back we arrived back in South Beach at 9pm and headed straight to the 'Z' to book for a futher 2 nights - unfortunately it was full! We then headed to The Betsey but was told it would be $400 dollars per night! By now we were tired and it was getting late. We saw the Parisian just over the rd from the 'Z' so we asked if there was any vacancies for 2 nights and there was - result - so we thought.
We made the mistake of not checking the room before hand and we paid upfront for the 2 nights. They gave us room number 19 - it was absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the biggest come down from the 'Z' which is in a different class.
Never ever stay at this place it's HORRENDOUS and FILTHY. It was that bad we actually checked out 15 minutes later and lost our money but to be honest it seemed more appealing to sleep on the beach with the South Beach homeless than to stay here!!!!!!!!!! We didn't stay on the beach fortunatley we found an OK alternative in the end.
We can't actually believe this place can operate as a hotel it warrents being closed down it's that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Leesa R
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on spring break. When we arrived we were told we had a 2 bed room with a bathroom, we were given a bunk bed in a glorified jail cell with a desk. We had a community bathroom at the end of the hall where we discovered a condom on the sink. The room maid stole my friends prescripted pills out of his suitcase while we were on the beach. We heard our neighbors blasting techno music until 6 in the morning. I feel like I got aids by touching the sheets and I did not trust the community shower to my bare feet. Do not stay here under any circumstances. Please.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Jacksoncraig37
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here with another couple after arriving late in the afternoon.Location was great as it was 2 blocks from beach and 2 blocks from Lincoln Rd (Great selection of restaurants and shops). Car parking in lot opposite and cheapest price we had so far found. Front desk staff were polite and helpful and after showing us some rooms that seemed clean and presentable, we booked two rooms. Mistake! Had to call staff to shut down aircon as it was blowing freezing air in both rooms and controls didn't work. It took 10 minutes to get hot water through to bathroom taps and even then, not very hot. One pillow each and though more were requested, nothing was forthcoming. Carpet was old and VERY musty. Room view was a blank wall 10 ft from our window.Room safe appeared to work ok but when we returned after evening out, safe door was open, though nothing was taken. 'Inclusive' breakfast was a joke. Coffee from a portable urn, juice from a carton that was a mix of every fruit concentrate imaginable and a miserable selection of sticky cake. That was it!
Avoid at all costs. Pity we didn't heed the reviews.

Room Tip: Any other hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I got there scarred because of the reviews i read after doing my booking(my bas). In fact, when we first arrived there a couple of customers were complying because of some problem with their bathroom and the worker told them to leave the place if they didnt like it. It tooke long time to check in( about 30 min) but without any other problem.

The rooms where kind of old , without any sense of decoration and very very simple. The bed was not specially nice and had some old blankets. It had a big wardrobe to hang clothes. The bulb from the room wasnt working so we had to ask reception to fix it.
The bathroom had no signs of humidity on the walls but wasnt cleaned properly. You could easily find hairs in the "washed" towels, or in the bath. The wc had some strange spOts i didnt want to know what they were.
You could feel in the recepcion that the athmosphere between workers in this hotel was really bad. We heard them talking really agressively to each other more than once, and their werent friendly.
Woudnt recommend it to any one.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Patokohler
Mandello del Lario, Lombardia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night with my brother, mom and son. Originally, we all had rooms in the Parisian, but my room door didn't close, so they gave me a room next door in the Geneva. And that only after I made a fuss because I had been waiting for 1/2hour for the handyman George to come and fix the door. When I complained about the wait, I discovered he wouldn't be in for 2 hours! As I waited, 2 girls came to the front desk to complain that they had found food and blood on the sheets on their bed.
We got a room and cleaned up and went to dinner. Then, when I came back I sat down on the edge of the bed. An the leg broke. I called the front desk and was assured that George would be up. After 15 minutes, I called again. After 1/2hour, I walked down to the front desk and they put a call in to George who was supposedly fixing something in another room. In the end, I stuck a drawer under the end of the bed because George never came and the person on the desk refused to change my room.
Things did not improve once I was in bed. All night long there was noise and people slamming doors. A call to the desk brought more unfulfilled promisses to do something. And those of us in the other building found the noise equally as bad.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: the only good room is at another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family