“not the taj but acceptable”

Parisian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #199 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 10, 2012

a great location,ok staff,worn but semi clean,seems safe,i got use to it as i have never stayed at this level but it really worked and i liked some of the other people staying there, coffee and juice and pastries in morning are free till 10am,i liked being so close to ocean rd where it is so clean and all the best nightlife seems so plentiful, a nice 24hour diner just steps a way, also the beach i think is very close as the ocean is steps a way also, cabs are easy and all seems really inexpensive,,, and my last night i have to mention,,,CJ's Crabhouse, was the best ,they take the crab shell and fill with tender light crab meat golden browned which waS THE F IN BEST, they were great to us,we hung till 2am enjoying the soft ocean breezes

Room Tip: i think they have some better rooms maybe ,i told them i really might be back and it seemed to help...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robert m
There are newer reviews for Parisian Hotel & Suites

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The front desk is horrible. They never pick up the phone and the manner are just just horrible. $25 ridiculous charges for parking. They even charge me addition $25 without letting me sign anything. Causing me so much trouble to contact the hotel and the back. The room is sooooooo old, with a wired smell. We can not turn off the AC, the room was very cold since it is in winter. The bed are neither clean nor comfortable at all. By the time I went to bed, the only thing I was thinking is getting out of this hotel ASAP..!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sophia Y
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Miami after our Wedding in the UK and checked into our already booked hotel - The 'Z' Ocean on collins ( Amazing) We stayed 3 nights in the Z and then drove down to Key West for 7 nights before returning to Miami South Beach for our remaining 2 nights. After a nightmare journey back we arrived back in South Beach at 9pm and headed straight to the 'Z' to book for a futher 2 nights - unfortunately it was full! We then headed to The Betsey but was told it would be $400 dollars per night! By now we were tired and it was getting late. We saw the Parisian just over the rd from the 'Z' so we asked if there was any vacancies for 2 nights and there was - result - so we thought.
We made the mistake of not checking the room before hand and we paid upfront for the 2 nights. They gave us room number 19 - it was absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the biggest come down from the 'Z' which is in a different class.
Never ever stay at this place it's HORRENDOUS and FILTHY. It was that bad we actually checked out 15 minutes later and lost our money but to be honest it seemed more appealing to sleep on the beach with the South Beach homeless than to stay here!!!!!!!!!! We didn't stay on the beach fortunatley we found an OK alternative in the end.
We can't actually believe this place can operate as a hotel it warrents being closed down it's that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leesa R
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I got there scarred because of the reviews i read after doing my booking(my bas). In fact, when we first arrived there a couple of customers were complying because of some problem with their bathroom and the worker told them to leave the place if they didnt like it. It tooke long time to check in( about 30 min) but without any other problem.

The rooms where kind of old , without any sense of decoration and very very simple. The bed was not specially nice and had some old blankets. It had a big wardrobe to hang clothes. The bulb from the room wasnt working so we had to ask reception to fix it.
The bathroom had no signs of humidity on the walls but wasnt cleaned properly. You could easily find hairs in the "washed" towels, or in the bath. The wc had some strange spOts i didnt want to know what they were.
You could feel in the recepcion that the athmosphere between workers in this hotel was really bad. We heard them talking really agressively to each other more than once, and their werent friendly.
Woudnt recommend it to any one.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Patokohler
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night with my brother, mom and son. Originally, we all had rooms in the Parisian, but my room door didn't close, so they gave me a room next door in the Geneva. And that only after I made a fuss because I had been waiting for 1/2hour for the handyman George to come and fix the door. When I complained about the wait, I discovered he wouldn't be in for 2 hours! As I waited, 2 girls came to the front desk to complain that they had found food and blood on the sheets on their bed.
We got a room and cleaned up and went to dinner. Then, when I came back I sat down on the edge of the bed. An the leg broke. I called the front desk and was assured that George would be up. After 15 minutes, I called again. After 1/2hour, I walked down to the front desk and they put a call in to George who was supposedly fixing something in another room. In the end, I stuck a drawer under the end of the bed because George never came and the person on the desk refused to change my room.
Things did not improve once I was in bed. All night long there was noise and people slamming doors. A call to the desk brought more unfulfilled promisses to do something. And those of us in the other building found the noise equally as bad.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol F
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We found ourselves "having" to take a one night stay here last month. We couldn't wait to leave.

Whilst the lobby entire is inviting enough the hotel room was thoroughly depressing. It reminded me of something out of a cheap horror movie.

The air con blew freezing cold air continuously into our room. Yes - we were shivering in Miami! When we asked for it to be turned off (as the dial on the wall didn't work) a handyman promptly attended the room, with ladders, some A4 sheets of paper and some sticky tape - hmmmm! To our amazement we sat and watched as he "sealed" up the vents with paper and tape. 5 mins after he left the room having completed the job the paper blew off as the air con was so strong. It's laughable now really!

The hairdrier had seen better days. It was one of those types that fixes on the wall (and usually stays there). But not in the Parisian - it had been pulled off the wall and had been dumped in a cupboard. Oh dear!

The "kitchen" area was hideous. Absolutely nothing in any of the drawers or cupboards. The bathroom was ok but the the view was awful and the room just made you want to leave.

They had the cheek to ask us for a $50 dollar deposit, and then check the room before we left. Not sure what we could have stolen if thats what they were thinking, or what could have been possibly made worse? I was just glad to get my deposit back.

And all this for the pricely some of $165. Not expensive by South Beach standards I know but for a few dollars more I am sure we could have got something which resembled a hotel of the 21st century.

Don't stay here! Stay at The Mondian!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went there in January after booking with Expedia. We were surprised by the 100 dollar cash deposit. Most hotels just take your credit card. Only two people at a time can ride the elevator. Wanted to take a late night bath but all the hot water was used. Breakfast was a bunch of pastries and no coffee was even made. I checked out just as the rest of my party was heading downstairs and the female supervisor called us "scammers" because I asked for our deposit back before everyone was out of room. Before that there was some confusion if I got the money back or not. Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriot or somewhere in which you get treated like a customer and not a "scammer". Front desk needs some lessons on how to be professional.

• Stayed: January 2012