“Horrendous!! never ever stay here!!”

Parisian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #201 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Miami after our Wedding in the UK and checked into our already booked hotel - The 'Z' Ocean on collins ( Amazing) We stayed 3 nights in the Z and then drove down to Key West for 7 nights before returning to Miami South Beach for our remaining 2 nights. After a nightmare journey back we arrived back in South Beach at 9pm and headed straight to the 'Z' to book for a futher 2 nights - unfortunately it was full! We then headed to The Betsey but was told it would be $400 dollars per night! By now we were tired and it was getting late. We saw the Parisian just over the rd from the 'Z' so we asked if there was any vacancies for 2 nights and there was - result - so we thought.
We made the mistake of not checking the room before hand and we paid upfront for the 2 nights. They gave us room number 19 - it was absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the biggest come down from the 'Z' which is in a different class.
Never ever stay at this place it's HORRENDOUS and FILTHY. It was that bad we actually checked out 15 minutes later and lost our money but to be honest it seemed more appealing to sleep on the beach with the South Beach homeless than to stay here!!!!!!!!!! We didn't stay on the beach fortunatley we found an OK alternative in the end.
We can't actually believe this place can operate as a hotel it warrents being closed down it's that BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leesa R

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I got there scarred because of the reviews i read after doing my booking(my bas). In fact, when we first arrived there a couple of customers were complying because of some problem with their bathroom and the worker told them to leave the place if they didnt like it. It tooke long time to check in( about 30 min) but without any other problem.

The rooms where kind of old , without any sense of decoration and very very simple. The bed was not specially nice and had some old blankets. It had a big wardrobe to hang clothes. The bulb from the room wasnt working so we had to ask reception to fix it.
The bathroom had no signs of humidity on the walls but wasnt cleaned properly. You could easily find hairs in the "washed" towels, or in the bath. The wc had some strange spOts i didnt want to know what they were.
You could feel in the recepcion that the athmosphere between workers in this hotel was really bad. We heard them talking really agressively to each other more than once, and their werent friendly.
Woudnt recommend it to any one.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Patokohler
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night with my brother, mom and son. Originally, we all had rooms in the Parisian, but my room door didn't close, so they gave me a room next door in the Geneva. And that only after I made a fuss because I had been waiting for 1/2hour for the handyman George to come and fix the door. When I complained about the wait, I discovered he wouldn't be in for 2 hours! As I waited, 2 girls came to the front desk to complain that they had found food and blood on the sheets on their bed.
We got a room and cleaned up and went to dinner. Then, when I came back I sat down on the edge of the bed. An the leg broke. I called the front desk and was assured that George would be up. After 15 minutes, I called again. After 1/2hour, I walked down to the front desk and they put a call in to George who was supposedly fixing something in another room. In the end, I stuck a drawer under the end of the bed because George never came and the person on the desk refused to change my room.
Things did not improve once I was in bed. All night long there was noise and people slamming doors. A call to the desk brought more unfulfilled promisses to do something. And those of us in the other building found the noise equally as bad.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol F
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We found ourselves "having" to take a one night stay here last month. We couldn't wait to leave.

Whilst the lobby entire is inviting enough the hotel room was thoroughly depressing. It reminded me of something out of a cheap horror movie.

The air con blew freezing cold air continuously into our room. Yes - we were shivering in Miami! When we asked for it to be turned off (as the dial on the wall didn't work) a handyman promptly attended the room, with ladders, some A4 sheets of paper and some sticky tape - hmmmm! To our amazement we sat and watched as he "sealed" up the vents with paper and tape. 5 mins after he left the room having completed the job the paper blew off as the air con was so strong. It's laughable now really!

The hairdrier had seen better days. It was one of those types that fixes on the wall (and usually stays there). But not in the Parisian - it had been pulled off the wall and had been dumped in a cupboard. Oh dear!

The "kitchen" area was hideous. Absolutely nothing in any of the drawers or cupboards. The bathroom was ok but the the view was awful and the room just made you want to leave.

They had the cheek to ask us for a $50 dollar deposit, and then check the room before we left. Not sure what we could have stolen if thats what they were thinking, or what could have been possibly made worse? I was just glad to get my deposit back.

And all this for the pricely some of $165. Not expensive by South Beach standards I know but for a few dollars more I am sure we could have got something which resembled a hotel of the 21st century.

Don't stay here! Stay at The Mondian!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went there in January after booking with Expedia. We were surprised by the 100 dollar cash deposit. Most hotels just take your credit card. Only two people at a time can ride the elevator. Wanted to take a late night bath but all the hot water was used. Breakfast was a bunch of pastries and no coffee was even made. I checked out just as the rest of my party was heading downstairs and the female supervisor called us "scammers" because I asked for our deposit back before everyone was out of room. Before that there was some confusion if I got the money back or not. Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriot or somewhere in which you get treated like a customer and not a "scammer". Front desk needs some lessons on how to be professional.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Hathor
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is in a great location if you want to stay in south beach for cheap. The hotel is very old and run down the rooms haven't been updated since the early 80's. The beds were so old and the sheets were thin and disgusting. TV was an old tube TV and there is nothing good to say about the rooms. The only perk is location and because of its poor condition its cheap. The staff wasn't very friendly either. There is also NO hotel parking so you have to pay to park.

Room Tip: No room is good here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place epitomizes horrendous....from the rooms, to the staff. I'd have a hard time justifying this hotel for $15/night in Tijuana......seriously, it's a cesspool of a hotel. Smoking rooms, beds with coils sticking out, no AC control (on max with no on/off or temp control), not trash can, no shower head, badly stained carpets, broken blinds, and a staff that seems to be on loan from the local prison. It's hard to imagine such a low level of quality and service in a location that could be a gold mine. Don't be fooled....pay more to stay somewhere else. Can you say B E D B U G S ?? Horrendous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business