“the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!”

Parisian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #201 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night with my brother, mom and son. Originally, we all had rooms in the Parisian, but my room door didn't close, so they gave me a room next door in the Geneva. And that only after I made a fuss because I had been waiting for 1/2hour for the handyman George to come and fix the door. When I complained about the wait, I discovered he wouldn't be in for 2 hours! As I waited, 2 girls came to the front desk to complain that they had found food and blood on the sheets on their bed.
We got a room and cleaned up and went to dinner. Then, when I came back I sat down on the edge of the bed. An the leg broke. I called the front desk and was assured that George would be up. After 15 minutes, I called again. After 1/2hour, I walked down to the front desk and they put a call in to George who was supposedly fixing something in another room. In the end, I stuck a drawer under the end of the bed because George never came and the person on the desk refused to change my room.
Things did not improve once I was in bed. All night long there was noise and people slamming doors. A call to the desk brought more unfulfilled promisses to do something. And those of us in the other building found the noise equally as bad.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol F

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We found ourselves "having" to take a one night stay here last month. We couldn't wait to leave.

Whilst the lobby entire is inviting enough the hotel room was thoroughly depressing. It reminded me of something out of a cheap horror movie.

The air con blew freezing cold air continuously into our room. Yes - we were shivering in Miami! When we asked for it to be turned off (as the dial on the wall didn't work) a handyman promptly attended the room, with ladders, some A4 sheets of paper and some sticky tape - hmmmm! To our amazement we sat and watched as he "sealed" up the vents with paper and tape. 5 mins after he left the room having completed the job the paper blew off as the air con was so strong. It's laughable now really!

The hairdrier had seen better days. It was one of those types that fixes on the wall (and usually stays there). But not in the Parisian - it had been pulled off the wall and had been dumped in a cupboard. Oh dear!

The "kitchen" area was hideous. Absolutely nothing in any of the drawers or cupboards. The bathroom was ok but the the view was awful and the room just made you want to leave.

They had the cheek to ask us for a $50 dollar deposit, and then check the room before we left. Not sure what we could have stolen if thats what they were thinking, or what could have been possibly made worse? I was just glad to get my deposit back.

And all this for the pricely some of $165. Not expensive by South Beach standards I know but for a few dollars more I am sure we could have got something which resembled a hotel of the 21st century.

Don't stay here! Stay at The Mondian!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went there in January after booking with Expedia. We were surprised by the 100 dollar cash deposit. Most hotels just take your credit card. Only two people at a time can ride the elevator. Wanted to take a late night bath but all the hot water was used. Breakfast was a bunch of pastries and no coffee was even made. I checked out just as the rest of my party was heading downstairs and the female supervisor called us "scammers" because I asked for our deposit back before everyone was out of room. Before that there was some confusion if I got the money back or not. Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriot or somewhere in which you get treated like a customer and not a "scammer". Front desk needs some lessons on how to be professional.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Hathor
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is in a great location if you want to stay in south beach for cheap. The hotel is very old and run down the rooms haven't been updated since the early 80's. The beds were so old and the sheets were thin and disgusting. TV was an old tube TV and there is nothing good to say about the rooms. The only perk is location and because of its poor condition its cheap. The staff wasn't very friendly either. There is also NO hotel parking so you have to pay to park.

Room Tip: No room is good here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place epitomizes horrendous....from the rooms, to the staff. I'd have a hard time justifying this hotel for $15/night in Tijuana......seriously, it's a cesspool of a hotel. Smoking rooms, beds with coils sticking out, no AC control (on max with no on/off or temp control), not trash can, no shower head, badly stained carpets, broken blinds, and a staff that seems to be on loan from the local prison. It's hard to imagine such a low level of quality and service in a location that could be a gold mine. Don't be fooled....pay more to stay somewhere else. Can you say B E D B U G S ?? Horrendous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank B C
Reviewed August 5, 2011

When ape like creatures gathered themselves together, invented fire, realised the absence of humour in Adam Sandler films and finally moved out of feces lined caves, I think they imagined they would never return to that place. Sadly, some modern day hominids had the misfortune of unearthing the cave, or Parisian Hotel & Suites as they call it now.

The subsequent million years haven't been kind to the place, though it may pass for a museum of;

a) Strange coloured stains, upon all fittings.
b) The horrors of the drug trade, the syringes carefully displayed in separate draws.
c) Conception techniques throughout the ages, from the modern condom beneath the bed, to the shower that only ran in ice cold jets straight from a Russian base in the Arctic.

Like all good museums, out front was displayed several mummified bodies, tenuously referred to as "staff" They really were quite convincing, I though I saw one of them move slightly, but to believe that would be a bit daft.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
17  Thank notalot
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Worst stay ever at a hotel!!! wasn't expecting a 5 star resort at all, but definately wasn't expecting a -5 resort!!! Rude spaced out front desk worker who often would fall asleep with head on counter. Rooms dirty, dark,musty, old halfway house furniture appeal, sheets stained, bed old and uncomfortable, pillows old and flat!!!! small old tv with few channels. Bathroom horrible with prison style foot flush, old rusted tub, cracked mildewed tile!!! And of course the infamous bedbug discovery at end of stay!!!! Don't even think about working issures out with front desk, no money back and not the kind of place you'd want any free stays or perks!!! And they make an imprint of your credit card is using as method of payment, I can see fraud being a strong possibility at this place!!! Reminded me of a 3rd war county bomb shelter when there's nowhere else to go!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it unless you like learning the hard way, please take this good advice!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple