“Uncomfortable”

Villa Azur Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Azur Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Villa Azur has been described as the premier gastronomic experience of South Beach, inviting diners to succumb to elegance and gourmet cuisine at its finest. It features a 7,200 square foot dining room, adorned with the glamour and spark of the Riviera. Its white French doors and chandeliers welcome guests to the lounge and main dining area, which is crowned by a whimsical, open-aired courtyard, marked by plush tufted white leather couches and lush natural foliage. This exquisite backdrop sets the tone for a charming dining experience. Executive Chef Erwin Mallet’s inspired South of France menu complimented with Italian accents stems from the freshest ingredients and flavors combined with an international and contemporary twist from South Beach. Along with a resident in-house sommelier, Villa Azur’s menu creates the perfect blend of flavors bound to please every gourmand’s palate. Villa Azur strives to sculpt the perfect meal from start to finish. FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE ROMANTIC MIAMI RESTAURANT WE LOVE - 2015 ZAGAT BEST DECOR IN MIAMI - 2015 MIAMI CULINARY TOURS VILLA AZUR IN ELLEGANCE - 2015 ZAGAT BEST OUTDOOR IN MIAMI - 2015 ZAGAT MIAMI'S HOTTEST MEDITERRANEAN RESTAURANT TO TRY NOW - 2014 THRILLIST BEST NEW SEAFOOD IN SOUTH FLORIDA - 2014 THE NEW YORK TIMES SOUTH BEACH, NOW AND FOREVER. VILLA AZUR, A CHIC DINING SPOT - 2014 MIAMI NEW TIMES BEST OF AWARD - VILLA AZUR BEST SERVICE2014 THE MIAMI HERALD ***3 STARS FOR EXQUISITE FRENCH FOOD AT VILLA AZUR ON SOUTH BEACH - 2013
Miami, Florida
“Uncomfortable”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The place is beautiful, but the doors that lead out to the garden are all open, and therefore the inside is warm. We could not enjoy our dinner. When we said something to the manager, he shrugged his shoulders. He acted as if he didn't need our budiness. I give this place 6 months. If you care to go, go now.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nukker1

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place, not to be missed”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Service was great, the food was awesome. I had the beef tartar with pesto and parmesan, followed by Sautéed prawns in seafood sauce and fried basil. The flavor combination was wonderful. My wife who very rarely eats any meat had the ribeye steak and she fully enjoyed it. Great place not to be missed.

• Visited July 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Food was great. Slow on service and food delivery.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were here a bit early for Miami( 8pm) so it was not too busy yet there were two parties of 20 or so in the main room.

We had the price fix menu with sea bream and the scallops from the main menu. Both were fantastic.

We had to wait a lot between courses and the servers from the kitchen regularly came to the table and had to ask who had what. At this price point that is unacceptable.

Miami, Florida
“OMG, this place is FAB!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just wrote this entire thing about how fabulous the place was and it disappeared.

If you want a sexy, beautiful, romantic, chic atmosphere, this is it. If you want fabulous attentive service, go here - this is it. If you want a great gimlet, go here - Geneviève (no, I don't speak French - but she does and can rock that gin drink), is a fabulous bartender; if you want the best chateaubriand, go here. Patrick, the Manager of the La Cave D'Azur, rocks - stepped to my car as I doubled parked, peering in trying to figure out exactly what the Cave was, and he invited us in to take a look. On our second visit he introduced us to fabulous wines.

Okay people - the first time - we walked in we were both floored; the place is beautiful; the 2nd time, I called my girls to meet me for a drink - this place is so amazing - I had to get cute and come back - you just can't fall into a place like this not feel ready to be pretty. We came back again - for dinner - That's when we met Geneviève - the magic gimlet maker, we meet the DJ, Benjamin (BonGeeMon - Okay, so my French pronunciation is rather primitive) - he certainly rocked the music.

Let's talk a food: I have simply not had chateaubriand so tasty and tender - OMG - we shared, for two it was $80/85.00 - a tad much but what's a treat every now and then - one deserves it - we shared the sides, they were all great. I could not finish my half of this delicious steak and had breakfast for the next two days. Our two friends, shared the branzino, I think it was $60/65.

Can you tell I really like this place? I just have to pace myself - my budget is not ready for this much damage. I will admit, the $14.00 gimlet was worth it, have had it cost far more in many of the beach places.

I say if you want sexy, fabulous, ambiance, good food, great drinks - whether you are on a date night or with the girls or guys and you want to feel really good - this is a great spot - look for me and my red glasses - I will probably be back very soon.

• Visited July 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Delectable food & Incredible Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Villa Azur brings a breath of fresh air to the Miami dinning scene. I went with my boyfriend after making reservations via open table and had a great experience. The food was delicious, the service was top-of-the-line and the overall décor was simply mesmerizing. As soon as you walk into Villa Azur, you are fascinated by the design and overall atmosphere reminding you of France and its many delicacies. The macaroni truffles are to-die-for as well as grilled branzino.

• Visited June 2012