“Not as good as last year”
Review of Mi Ami Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Mi Ami Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: It is The Latest Truly Italian Experience in Ocean Drive. From Breakfast to Dinner you can Taste our Famous Pizzas & Italian Chef's Specialties. At Night the Atmosphere transform the Beautiful Terrace in a Lounge Bar, with Wine and Cocktails from our Unreal Barman. It's the Perfect Spot before going to Nikki Beach, at just 5 minutes walking distance. Come to Taste the Italian Love for Food!
Up North
“Not as good as last year”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

After a couple of great visits to Mi Ami last year, we were looking forward to our return visit recently. At 9 PM on a Friday, it was not crowded, which I found surprising. We ordered a Margherita pizza ($11.99) and Bruschetta ($9). The prices were moderate though the Bruschetta was very basic with 4 very small pieces of toast. The pizza was about 12" and adequate for two average appetites to share. The pizza was made in a brick oven by an experienced looking chef, but was disappointing compared to the great pizza we remembered from last year. The crust was a shade underdone, there was a bit too much cheese (which seemed like average store-bought mozzerella, not fresh, the tomato sauce was OK but not memorable.

The service was friendly with an Italian-speaking waiter, but somewhat slipshod. For example, we had to ask for forks and napkins after the Bruschetta was served, we had to ask for plates after the pizza arrived, etc. The table seemed unsteady and likely to tip over if any weight was placed on one side. The indoor seating was otherwise pleasant without loud music or noise. 18% tip was added automatically.

Overall a 3/5 experience, which was disappointing after our two visits last year, when I was happy to see a very good Italian place on Ocean Drive, and would have rated the pizza 5/5 then. I hope they were just having an off night, and this is not reflective of a big decline since they opened.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NorthCountryCyclist

Malmo, Sweden
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had read so positive reviews, but our dinner was a disappointment. It took an hour before we got our food, the waiter forgot to take our drink orders, one glass was dirty, we had to ask twice before they turned off the terrible wet fan. The food was OK, but not fantastic. Because of the poor service we didn't want to add any tip, but they already included 18% gratuity on the bill, which we had to pay.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle Under Lyme
“Great Food & Cocktails”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Food was great and made fresh to order. Staff very nice and attentive. Their cocktails are to die for

Visited May 2013
manchester nh
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful restaurant in lovely South Beach. Authentic Italian food served in a romantic atmosphere. The fresh fish was simply prepared with just the right seasoning. Waitstaff courteous and helpful. Good wine list with reasonable prices. Do try Mi Ami when you are in South Beach!

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“we were the catch of the day”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We come down to Miami twice a year,and we are always enthousiastic to add new places to enjoy a good meal.
After reading all the great reviews of this restaurant we went and try it out,the waiter would not leave while we where trying to look at the menu and suggesting to take the fresh branzino finally convinced my wife and I took the mixed fish grill,the waiter was insisting that I add a lobster to my choice or at least a half a lobster but I declined his offer.
My wife took a plain salad has an entree and I took an endive +pear salad with blue cheese walnut vinaigrette.
I received my salad but with no pears,according to the waiter they ran out of pears at 4:00pm.
My wife got the branzino with on the side 2 slices of grilled zucchini,2slices of grilled egplant and an asparagus split in 2.
I have to say I got a nice plate of mixed fish on bead of arugula,and on the side french fries with the same 2 slices of veggies with no seasonimg what so ever.
The big surprise was the bill a whopping $192.93 we where charged 70.00 for the branzino and 45.00 for my mixed grill I can only imagine what they would have charged me with half a lobster.
We told the waiter that the 70.00 branzino was really exagerated, and truly this place does not reflect these exagerated prices. One thing is for sure we will never go back, if you want to go stick with the menu or else you will be the next catch of the day.
p.s. we went to Bella Luna in Aventura mall and I had the branzino with a nice variety of vegetables and at only 38.95. in a first class restaurant with a first class service...

• Visited April 2013
Christian F, Owner at Mi Ami Italian Cafe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
My Dear Friend, I feel sorry to hear you were disappointed with our prices.
I can see you enjoyed the mixed seafood and I'm trying to understand how much would you like to pay for 1 kg of branzino (yes, our branzino is 35oz)