“Great service & excellent lunch specials”
Review of Mi Ami Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Mi Ami Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: It is The Latest Truly Italian Experience in Ocean Drive. From Breakfast to Dinner you can Taste our Famous Pizzas & Italian Chef's Specialties. At Night the Atmosphere transform the Beautiful Terrace in a Lounge Bar, with Wine and Cocktails from our Unreal Barman. It's the Perfect Spot before going to Nikki Beach, at just 5 minutes walking distance. Come to Taste the Italian Love for Food!
“Great service & excellent lunch specials”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Lunch specials can't be beat for both price and taste. Enjoyed the Italian Birra at the end of the day before turning in.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank GypsyWriterBarb
Christian F, Owner at Mi Ami Italian Cafe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I like you enjoyed the lunch special, not so many people know we are open from morning until night and at lunch time we are a friendly restaurant, for Miami Beach residents and some tourists.
When you want to enjoy a nice meal with Italian birra (beer), after a busy working morning, come by and many special lunchs will be waiting for you.

Louisville, KY
“Get a Pizza to go, but skip the sit down meal”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate here twice. The first was their $7.99 pizza special which we got to go. This was great. Took it back to the condo and enjoyed! Nice crisp crust and fresh tasting toppings.

Our second visit a week later was for a sit down lunch. We had planned to have pizza again but unfortunately their oven was out of service. My wife ordered the chicken fajita (Italian style) and I the Penne with red sauce. Both were advertised as lunch specials for $8.99. Our server brought us bread with olive oil & vinegar. The bread was OK. We each had ice tea. The chicken in the fajita was horrible, lots of gristle, fat and even a small bone. This was a shame as the tortilla and the rest of the fajita seemed quite good. We pointed this out to our server and the manager (I presume) quickly came and apologized and we were subsequently brought a second Penne in place of the fajita. I felt they handled the mistake pretty well, though given the grossness of the food a complementary meal was in order (but I did not ask for it). At this point I'm thinking Mi Ami is about average. However, when we got the tab I was not amused to see that each tea refill (2 each) was charged at $3 a pop – a total of $18 for ice tea. Outrageous, even in SOBE! When I questioned it, they took 2 of them off – not satisfactory IMHO. Insult to injury was added with a mandatory 18% service charge. Total tab with tax & tip for 2 was $40.

We really liked the pizza we got here last week to go, but we will not be returning for another sir down meal. We might at some time get another pizza special to go.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank UKgrandej
Wantagh, New York
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast twice and lunch once at Mi Ami Italian Cafe. The restaurant is extremely well located, the prices are reasonable and the staff is extremely friendly. In fact, when we came back for breakfast the second time, the staff remembered us and what we ordered the day before.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank dbtraveler58
We are in Sofi, the residencial (and not so crazy) area of famous Ocean Drive.
I like when customers come back and try different foods from our specialties.
Our chefs are working to change the menu according to the seasons.
We will wait you here again.
Massachusetts
“Great food, service and atmosphire”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from a few days in South Beach, we walked by this place and decided to have lunch. Met the owner who was very friendly and told us if we came back for dinner he would give us a discount. The atmosphere was good, food was great and the sevice was better. We decided to go back for dinner, my wife had a pumpkin ravioli, I had a seafood with black pasta, both of us loved our meal. Again the sevice was tremendous, the chocolate desert was wonderful as well. We had a great bottle of wine so it was a wonderful meal. We went back the next night and again had a great meal, again we got a discount. I strongly reccomend this place, it has it all, it is located between 4th and 5th on Ocean drive. Tell the manager peter said you would get a discount, I am confident he will give you one.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank pcr01
Chicago
“Loved this place”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Not cheap, but a really good meal. The gnocchi is fabulous. Huge, flavorful bowl of soup. Service was great.

Visited February 2013