“Great Little Place to Stay in Miami”

Ithaca of South Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great Little Place to Stay in Miami”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Loved the cool vibe of the hotel and the location is perfect for walking everywhere in South Beach. It felt like being in a guest house as the staff were very nice and you could tell they really like to make sure you feel at home. We had the smallest room and they would have moved us to a bigger room but they were full. They gave us a bottle of Cava Sparkling Wine which was a very nice touch. The only complaint was that some of the staff were talking very loudly outside of our door and we were trying to take a brief nap. I had to get up and ask them to please stop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck C, General Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments on the Ithaca Hotel on South Beach.We value your feedback and we our always trying to improve the expectation of our guest.We look forward to your next trip to Miami and hope you choose the Ithaca Hotel on South Beach as your destination.
Chuck Castiglia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Ithaca for 3 nights recently (Mar17th-20th 2013), and we LOVED it! We had a double queen room. Our room (101) was massive. It was immaculate and the decor was beautiful. We also received a complimentary bottle of champagne when we checked in. Dion and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful, and are very lovely people. I will definitely be back to Ithaca sometime soon. Thanks for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice hotel i definitely go back, the rooms are very big an spacious and very clean only a little bit "noisy" the busy street outside and inside you can here when people walking past your room.
I think the breakfast could be a lot better.

• Stayed March 2013
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My stay at this hotel was amazing! My travel dates were 3/14-3/17 the entire staff was awesome especially Dion and my room was beautiful, I stayed in room 111. The hotel offers lots of freebies within the room like super cool toothbrush holders, great chocolate, complimentary water, slippers, and many other things. I arrived on 3/14 around 1:00pm and was able to check in immediately which was great since I know the scheduled 3:00pm. A week prior to my arrival I contacted the hotel asking about the available parking. I was informed I could valet for $25 dollars a day or self- park for $20, so of course as a college student I chose to self-park originally thinking I would save more money. My plan was to park my car and leave it in the parking garage for my entire stay(3 nights) which would equal around $60- 70 dollars or so, which was pretty good in my mind. When I checked out of the hotel and proceeded to take my car out of the garage my total was $120.00 compared to the $60-70 dollars I expected to pay. I was livid because my whole point of calling the hotel asking about parking before I arrived was so I didn’t run into this problem. The man working the booth in the garage proceeded to inform me its $20 a day FOR UP TO 12 HOURS…and the lady I spoke to at the hotel did not say that. Had I known it was really $40 to park for a full day I would’ve valeted my car because that was ultimately the cheaper option. The other issue I had was the door/noise. The door is too short and the left side of the door doesn’t touch the ground all the way and leaves an evident space from the ground ultimately allowing me to hear every time somebody was in the hallway talking or if one of the workers were working on fixing something in the hall. Minus these two major I would’ve given this hotel a 5 star review because it definitely deserves one. This was by far the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in, but like I said as a college student we look for ways to save and that parking situation really screwed my “parking saving plan.”

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to find this amazing boutique hotel in the middle of Miami Beach! From the first greeting by Agatha to our checkout with Dion and Chuck, the GM, we were treated wonderfully. The room was larger than expected and beautifully decorated. Very comfortable beds, a large bathroom with luxurious shower and amazing amenities, and complimentary champagne upon arrival as well as complimentary water in the room, chocolates, and a terrific breakfast! In all, a terrific experience and we have already told friends to make this their hotel of choice when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumming
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We just went down for the night. The staff was wonderful, and the room was well appointed. Quirky little entry, but would definitely stay there again.They suggested a great Cuban resturant. We had a nice europeon breakfast and wine and cheese at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I don't know if they make the same suggestions to all visitors but as soon as we checked in they offered us :
- parking (25$)
- bus+boat tour (40$)
- restaurant suggestion (don't remember price)
- car ride + pre- drinks + nightclub (don't remember price)

We took the bus+boat tour and not the rest.
But after stressing (a little) over parking deadline on the street, after having hard time finding a nightclub called the Wall, and after calculating costs ... maybe I would have took all 4 offers :P

I would suggest Ithaca to communicate in advance these options via e-mail so people could think about it prior to being on place.
These options are great because you save time, stress and possibly money.

It's one of my first time in this kind of hotel so it's hard for me to compare but I think it was very good overall.

I could only suggest a few things :
- having public restroom within the hotel (or suggestions of place in the area)
- before offering the options discussed above, wait for the visitor to unpack their stuff and rest a little (and/or have some travel brochure explaining the offers)
- improve breakfast/lunch a little

Finally, while the location is great, to be perfect, maybe I would take something a little further north and a little less expansive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ITHACA_SOBE, General Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2016
Hello! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we truly hope to see you again very soon!