“Atmosphere and a step up off the street to perch and people watch”
Review of Nine

Nine
Ranked #687 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Tilghman, Maryland
“Atmosphere and a step up off the street to perch and people watch”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were beckoned in by two lovely ladies, but this is the norm on Ocean Drive. They asked us where we wanted to sit and we chose a step up patio that is off the street. This gave us a great view of the street and entertainment: a flamingo dancer and a sax player who roamed around and played as you ate. The drinks were over the top and $45 dollars for one with the second one "free" which would be a great deal for college kids, but us old folks couldn't even make a dent in them. They did put them it to-go cups for us. Service was good, but our waitress was busy. The special was paella which was around $15 each and I had seafood over spaghetti that was $23 dollars. There were no complaints about the food, entertainment, service or atmosphere. If you come to Miami you cannot do it on a budget, but ask the price of things before you order, so the bill is not a surprise.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Born_to_go61

Christiansted, St. Croix
“Fair but not great...”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went with my wife and 2 college aged kids for brunch. We had a helpful waitress but they got my daughters and my wife's simple orders wrong. My wife ordered chicken in her omelette and after we had eaten and her food came 25 min later it had no chicken...
My daughter ordered all bacon and no sausage and they brought both. The cost was comparable and average for Ocean Drive.

Visited September 2013
Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Canada
“Good food, slow service.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were looking for the quiet and romantic place on Ocean Drive. That restaurant appeared to be the most calm place on that busy street. Food was good but my dish arrived cold. Service was slow.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Steak Panini”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stopped by this place to take a bite before hitting the town! And just like someone wrote on another review most ( I clarify most, not all of them ) South Beach Restaurants are just Overpriced ok food! I had the steak panini and it was surprisingly delicious, with homemade bread, and their drinks were really good too! I guess Lucky me It was a good cook and a good bartender that night :)

• Visited September 2012
Canada
“Extreme rip off”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Realized we were on Ocean Drive so knew there would be no 1.99 breakfasts to be had but this place couldnt have been a bigger rip off. Anytime staff has to beg you to eat at their establishment you should know there is a reason! Food was slow and cold but the biggest joke of all was that my cup of cold tea (which was suppose to be hot) came with no refilling and a price of 5.50! How ridiculous is that? When I questioned the waitress she just shrugged her shoulders and said "you're on Ocean Drive". Upon leaving i checked menus at other restaurants along the Drive and saw one that were charging 5.50 for tea.