“location”
Review of Dorchester Hotel

Dorchester Hotel
Ranked #118 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Hotel is well located,I had a big problem with noise from other guests, witch wasn't resolved by the management,although they tried,had no successes.I couldn't sleep all night,unfortunately.
It was clean and spacious, and had a parking that you need to pay, but it's beside the Hotel.
I intend to return there and I hope there is no noise.

Room Tip: The roons with view of the garden are larger, and there is kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
EKHGM, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Let me first of all thank you for taking the time
to let us know about your stay.

I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience
you might had experienced while staying here. I would also
like to thank you for commenting about our clean and spacious
rooms.

Overall, you mentioned that you intend to visit us again, please
contact me personally when you are about to make your
reservation; I would like to do something extra special for you.
Here at the Dorchester, we cherish all our guest.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Dorchester Hotel in Miami is situated one block from the beach and in the heart of the arty area of town. The hotel looks to have had a good clean up and we found everything to be as we wanted it. The staff are friendly and helpful and we were given free Wi-Fi as we were only staying for one night.
My only issueis that they charge $30 for parking which I do not agree with. Considering we had driven for overtwo hours, do not know the city, have no idea where to park, it left us with no option but to accept. In saying that would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ahmedq2013

Dear Loyal Guest:

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your
stay.

We are very pleased that our hotel met your
expectations. Regarding your concerns about
parking in South Beach, virtually all hotels charge
for parking, and there is hardly anywhere to park
on the streets. The big difference with us is that
our charge for parking is one of the lowest in the
the entire South Beach.

We are very happy you said you would stay with
us again and are looking forward to WOW you
again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great service and friendliness from the reception staff, loved the modern decor & feel of the room but everything tatty & tired, paint drips/marks on many surfaces so has the potential to be great but feel that owners aren't that bothered as the problems are long past when they should have been rectified. Main problem was with being asked on departing by Carlos, the porter or whatever title he owns, would we like to leave something for him (as in tips) as he wouldn't be there when we called to collect our bags prior to flying home. Happy to tip even tho we don't live by these rules in the UK but I won't tip when I am asked to in such a manner as all he did was take a key, inches from where he stood, secured our bags to the others by a security rope & gave us a card to collect! He said this to 2 families so obviously says this to all guests & spoils the gesture of tipping because of good service & not because it is expected of us. I tipped plenty during my 2 week east coast tour but think this gentleman is doing your hotel a dis-service by his behaviour & doesn't end up getting him any tips either does it?!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan H

Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We are happy that you find our staff to be friendly.
With regards to your concerns about one of our bellman,
we will definitely look into the matter, and want to apologize
to you for any inconvenience.

Thanks again for you feedback.

Management.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a nice relatively small hotel in Miami Beach. I was glad to have booked this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was really friendly. When we got up to our rooms, the only, maybe negative aspect I could say was that the air-conditioning was a little bit loud (but, hey, we've been to several hotels and everywhere it was the same thing). In general the hotel is nice, ideally located in my opinion.

The only negative aspect of the hotel in general is the fact you have to pay quite some money to use the parking lot. On the other side I think it's understandable when you see that in the vicinity of the hotel there is hardly any space to park your car...

So in general: a nice hotel with friendly staff who make you forget the small remarks in no time !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts
about you stay with us.

We are happy that you find oue hotel to be
nice and with a friendly staff.

As you rightly noted, there is hardly any parking
in the area and that is why we provide parking
for our guest at a modest charge: our parking
rate is one of the lowest in South Beach.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Dorchester Suites on a girls trip with 5 ladies in the one bedroom double suite. The rooms were spacious and clean. It had a full kitchen and a Living room with a sofa bed. It easily sleeps 6. The staff was great! The location was awesome. We near Lincoln road and the beach. I will definitely use the Dorchester for my next Miami get away!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently was in South Beach and stayed at the Dorchester. What a wonderful hotel. The staff members are so pleasant and knowledgable. Close to Lincoln Road and the Beach is across the street. Cozy little bar right off the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
EKHGM, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to let
us know about your experience at our property: your property.
We are very happy that you were very pleased.

We hope to see you again during your next visit to Sunny Miami.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Dorchester hotel and it was just as great as the 1st time! We will stay here every-time we go to Miami! The value is great, and being across the street from the beach is fine because they give you beach chairs! The staff is really friendly and the lobby always smells amazing! They have a great happy hour special! Drinks for a dollar!! You can tell the place has been fixed up since 2 years ago and it looked great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends