“Not Impressed”
Review of Baoli Miami

Baoli Miami
Reserve with OpenTable
Baoli Miami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: We are in between 19th and 20th street
Description: Located in the heart of Miami Beach, Bâoli offers a new level of hospitality by offering guests a sense of celebration beyond traditional dining. Catering to both the world’s A-list stars and international jetsetters, the vibe-dining concept provides patrons with an unforgettable culinary journey that is transformed into a nightlife destination, all within the backdrop of a chic and modern setting. Guests enjoy an epicurean experience unlike any other, with a carefully crafted Asian American menu and an incredible selection of embellished cocktails. Known for providing a one-of-a-kind nightlife experience, Bâoli’s iconic weekly celebration – My Boyfriend Is Out of Town – has become South Florida’s most popular affair on Wednesday nights.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had reservations. Even though tables were open they had us sit at the bar for 10+ minutes before we were seated. The chairs were rickety folding chairs. The hostess and woman who seated us had indifferent personalities...as if we were lucky to be dining there. We left without eating because the vibe was negative.

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Dining in the disco”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lots of fun, music and atmosphere much better than the food. Well worth the visit. But definitely NOT the place to have any sort of meaningful conversation as the noise level is absurd.

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Simply the BEST!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Just as the title says. I have dined at some of the finest restaurants all over the world and this one is a truely remarkable. Not only was the food unbelievable, the atmosphere of this place was incredible. If I could give this restaurant a review out of a hundred, it would easily be up there at 99. The atmosphere is
More for a younger crowd saying between 25-40 year olds because as the night progresses so does the background music. This concept I have never experienced before and it did not disappoint as myself and my party spent more than 4 hours dining/ drinking at this Miami hotspot. You would think with an atmosphere receiving great reviews the food wouldn't be that good. Wrong. The food was superb. Simply amazing to be honest. We had an array of everything. I started with the burata mozzarella and once my waitress, Margaritte, told me about an add on jamon, called patta Negra, I knew I had to give it a try. I have only ever found this ham in Spain and order it every time. Hearing that it was offered with the burata, I had to test it. Mouth watering non the less. The picture attached does not do it justice. We then moved onto a seafood platter containing fresh stone crab, oysters and shrimp cocktail. All was set in a beautiful tower. Then for our third course we had the privilege to indulge in their sushi choices. My favorite was the spicy tuna roll. They all are excellent. As for the main course I stayed safe with an order of the fillet. Well worth it but was wanting to try the chicken milinase. My brother had that a few nights before and said it was the best ever. A pounded out piece of chicken lightly pan friend with a nice topping of tomato sauce. Next time I'm in town I will try this dish. The spagetti was good for a light meal and for a heavy meal try the seafood bouillabaisse. All in a beautiful puff baked bread bowl. All in all this has been the ultimate BEST restaurant I have ever dined at. Now my standards are set extremely high and I now have to compare with this fantastic restaurant. Thank you.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Wouldn't go back but for some it should be great”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We recently dined at the Villa Azur which is similar in that both of these restaurants have an outdoor garden courtyard seating area and both are upscale. Villa Azur is now on our list of "go to" places, but we will not be putting Baoli on that list.

First, we arrived ten minutes early for a 7:00 PM reservation. Would you believe they asked us to leave and come back after 7:00?? We came back at 7:05 and were seated...the first customers and the only customers for the next 30 minutes on a Saturday evening. By 8:00 there were still only four tables occupied, though the bar area was starting to get busy. And worst of all...for 45 minutes after we arrived, a small army of workers were setting up tables all around us and all of the service staff were standing around and chatting in the middle of the restaurant. Why couldn't that be done during the time we were thrown out of the place? This is obviously a late night place and not recommended for early diners. Since we are not late night diners, and since we were treated as we were, we will not return.

As for the food and prices....yes, the prices are in the top ten most expensive restaurants in Miami Beach. We are OK with dining at the top ten, but you should get something exceptional for the exceptional amount of money. Maybe the late night party atmosphere is what people pay for in this place, something we didn't stay to observe. The food was reasonably good, though not as good as some other places in this price range. And as stated above, for a really nice garden style ambiance, go to Villa Azur.

• Visited December 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Baoli Miami Is The Best”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I have lived and traveled all over the world, but this has to be my recommendation for best restaurant I've been to. We picked it to visit during Miami Spice, which runs in Aug and Sept when the tourists seem to be mostly escaping the winter in S Am. This is a second restaurant for the Baoli Cannes. We got to sample their dishes with the fixed menu, which is $35 for the Spice festival, so dinner is never cheap, there. The patio courtyard is delightful with tastefully lighted trees, and cozy tables. The food is the best. The bar scene hops at night. Go! I had the Risotto with Porcini and Truffles, it was the best I've ever had, cooked to perfection. The rice was the perfect blend of creamy and al dente and the earthy blend of porcini and black truffle was about as good as it gets. Everything we had was perfect, and the wine was excellent. I'm rating it excellent on value but don't go there for the price, it's on the pricey side but worth every penny.

• Visited September 2012