Loews Miami Beach Hotel
$275
$223
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
$324
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$264
$246
$388
$284
7,412 results
All reviewspool arealincoln roadlarge hotelocean drivepartial ocean viewbeautiful hotelcity viewpool staffservice chargefitness centeran umbrellagreat poolper daylounge chairsbeach accessthe ritzespanola way
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We stayed at the Loews during our honeymoon in July. We originally only planned to fly to Miami from Las Vegas to get our cruise, but after a disappointing stay at the second hotel the Mandalay Bay (the Wynn by the way is out of this world) we called our friend in Washington who looked on Trip Advisor and saw that the Loews featured very highly.

We called the hotel direct and booked a deluxe part sea view and flew down to enjoy the July 4th weekend in Miami. We were blown away with the decadence and character of the Loews and all the South Beach art deco buildings and really enjoyed our 3 nights, the only thing was that it had top dollar prices, even more expensive than Vegas!

We ate at the legendary Joe's Stone Crabs and whilst I enjoyed the yummy seafood, my husband dined on their ribs- which it has to be said is the best we've ever tasted in the States!

The Loews hotel itself has great facilities- a beautifully landscaped pool area with direct access onto the beach and the smell of the foyer, was so fragrant, that every time you walked in, you instantly smelt this beautiful fragrance, probably pumped through the air con. The room itself was very comfortable, only downside being the bathroom was on the smaller side, but this is Miami and not Las Vegas.

We would highly recommend the Loews Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lecajo
Reviewed July 27, 2007

This was my fourth stay at the Loews South Beach and I was very disappointed. My first room had a horrible animal smell in it. I know that it is a pet friendly hotel, but they need to do a much better job of cleaning up after the pets. And it took over an hour to get a new room (which did not smell).

Another problem was the parking. They have a major traffic congestion problem. It could take 5 minutes or longer just sitting at the hotel to wait for enough cars to clear out to get to the front door/valet. And when picking up your car, you really need 20-25 minutes notice (and we were told the hotel was 1/2 empty -- I would hate to see it in high season).

Last of the complaints, they do not seem to honor Loews First Members. Every time I stayed there I used the same corporate travel agent, and was given the advantages of a Loews first member. This time, although i paid a full fair, we were told we would not get the benefits (including free use of the gum and a late check out).

On the plus side, the pool and beach is nice, and they do give out a number of free thinghs during the day. But overall I will not return to the Loews South Beach.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank sm122097
Reviewed July 23, 2007

The resturant adds a 18% service charge to the bill. Not noticing it I added additonal 18%. The waiter got 36%. Should have been informed of the service charge added. Trying to correct the problem with the resturant ( Prestons)

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here because I had a seminar at the hotel. Now I'd go back in a heartbeat just for fun.

The hotel is very attractive. Our room (a standard king) was spacious, and the bathroom was modern, with high end toiletries, etc. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were high quality.

The location of the hotel is fabulous - right in the middle of all of the South Beach action. We could walk anywhere we wanted to go.

The hotel bar is just okay - we left the hotel to go out to some of the more popular restaurants and bars.

The pools are large, and thankfully there always seemed to be enough lounge chairs. The attendants were quick to get us fresh towels, though the bar service was sometimes slow. Also, the cabanas were not right next to the pool, which seemed strange to me (we did not rent one).

Although this hotel is not typical South Beach art deco, it is very modern, and so convenient and comfortable - the perfect anctidote for a night out on the town.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank nolachar
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I stayed at this hotel at the end of March this year as part of a competition prize. Things nearly got off to a bad start as my reservation seemed to have vanished, however the lady at the front desk helped me find someone to get it resolved. In addition I also had problems with my card being okayed for the incidentals, but again the idea at the front desk was to politely and quickly find a solution. In the end this delay actually worked out for the best as I seemed to get the best room out of any of us in the group being on the 15th floor with a partial ocean/beach view. The hotel had set up a small pre-dinner buffet for our group with cold beers, wine and some finger foods which were great (and almost ended up ruining our meal that evening).

I had breakfast in the hotel both mornings which was varied and plentiful though perhaps a little artificial tasting (though that would be a little harsh). Service was good despite the breakfast area being busy. It seems the staff are fully aware of what is expected when everything includes an 18% service charge as the lady that served me coffee on the first morning remembered how I took it on the second. Though not overly modern the hotel was very clean, we even saw them repainting the pool area one morning even though it seemed in a perfectly good condition.

My room was clean with a decent view facing the Saint Moritz tower part of the hotel with a partial view of the ocean. Bed was large and comfortable, nice flat screen TV and iPod dock/alarm clock which was handy. Plenty of storage space (though I was only here for a few days and didn’t need to bring much). Turndown every night with small tins of sweets/mints left. Also there was a newspaper at the door every morning which was nice.

I didn’t really try the pool during my stay or have a chance to try any of the restaurants at the hotel. The location of the hotel seemed good with the beach right behind and many shops only a short walk away. Whilst in Miami we got to eat to Vix which was very good indeed and at the Blue Door which gave us the chance to have a look at some of the nearby trendy hotels to see if we were missing out on anything. I think in the end the relaxed atmosphere at Loews was about right for a short and busy trip after a long flight from the UK.

It is hard to judge whether or not this hotel provides value for money as I didn’t have to pay anything for my stay and I have no idea how much was spent on my room etc. However in the unlikely event of me ending up in Miami Beach in the future I would certainly consider staying here if the price was right.

• Stayed: March 2007