2 people have started booking this hotel
Hotels.com$299
Priceline$299
ZenHotels.com$348
9,577 results
All reviews pool area frozen grapes lincoln road hotel is beautiful ocean drive partial ocean view city view pool staff fitness center an umbrella great pool per day lounge chairs ocean front resort fee valet parking beach
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019

This was my first trip to Miami. We were a group of 11 from NY celebrating my sister’s ‘last fling before the ring’. I mainly picked Loews Hotel from another bachelorette review. The best part about Loews is that it’s located in the heart of the action!
I was worried that we wouldn’t be able to check in before 3pm, but we did! We were even upgraded to an ocean view room (thumbs up)! Our bellhop took our luggage up as soon we had our room and we were very pleased with the appearance. Clean, nice amenities, & the view was perfect! We had to order a cot and that came up in no time. Very helpful!
At this point we were hungry & went down to the restaurant, Preston’s Market. There was nobody to greet us and the bartender said just take a seat and someone will come over. Well 20 minutes later and a few gestures to the wait staff, we finally got somebody. Luckily we didn’t have to wait long for the food and it was delicious. I would recommend that the wait staff should always check for new customers or maybe they were just short a few servers that day. Menu prices are $13+.

The hotel on a whole, as far as cleanliness, presentation, staff, café options, & food gets an A+ Gold Star.

Here are the complaints or recommendations:
Going into it, I knew it was a kid friendly resort and we did go in August when most kids are off from school. But maybe I didn’t think there would be so many kids as I figured this was a luxury resort and let’s face it, Miami is known for partying! My recommendation would be that the kids should have their own pool area. I came to not only have a good time but to relax. There’s kids running all over the place, screaming, jumping off the fountain. Even though I’m not an elderly person, I still like to relax. And I would even suggest that the pool area should be bigger. I know there isn’t much space to expand since each hotel is right on top of each other. But the kids should have their own area or only allowed during a certain time.
It would also be nice to have music playing or if it was playing, maybe played louder. We want to boogie as we relax under the sun. If it wasn’t for our radio or a neighbors, it was just the noise of screaming kids. Let Hilton or Marriott take on families.

As for the wait staff around the pool, there was not enough. I understand what it’s like to be a waiter and patrons can be pushy and impatient but maybe if there were more waiters, it wouldn’t be so bad. It didn’t take long to get our food/drinks, but to get a waiter to come over initially took quite some time. Food was great poolside and at the outside restaurant, Nautilus! Drinks were on point too. Prices were $15+ and soda $5.

As for poolside assistance, I understand it’s hot and all you want is to keep cool, but I just saw a bunch of helpers standing under an umbrella. When questioned why they are just standing there, they said they were waiting to greet people. Of the 3 days we were there, no one greeted us. I grabbed my own towel, found my own chair, and had to ask if we could move the umbrella. And don’t bother asking them for drinks or ice, they have no authority to do so. They just walk away. They should call the wait staff over to help.

As for security by the pool, they just stood there. They didn’t ask anyone to show proof that they belong at the hotel. There were two instances I noticed where police were involved in escorting strangers off the property. Although they didn’t pose a danger, just drunk, I understand that not everyone can be checked b/c there’s people everywhere. They surely didn’t ask me to show proof. So there’s a lack of security measures.

We had booked the SOAK day Beds, but due to daily storms, we cancelled the daybeds, which was ok. I think it was $200 for a 2 person daybed. We had an odd number of people and weren’t allowed to just get one day bed, we had to purchase two. I think that rule should be re-vamped. Why should I pay for something I don’t need? Also, the location of these daybeds is not in a good spot. If I’m paying extra to be sitting in a ‘special’ area and getting treated like royalty, then the chairs should be right up front near the pool. Not in back of everyone. (But then again, we would have been away from the kids).We wanted these daybeds to feel special and not have to fight for the regular chairs or be ousted if we didn’t get down to the pool in time. I knew that the location wasn’t great but I was willing to do it anyway for this special occasion. In the end I’m glad we cancelled. We found a lineup of chairs for 11 that were better than the daybeds, right up front near the pool. We had to get down there early and hold down 11 chairs. (And there’s about an hour hold time, if they aren’t busy). Otherwise the chairs become free again. On the last day, we weren’t able to hold down 11 chairs b/c it was too busy. Another unfair rule. We are paying guests!
The SOAK Cabanas were also nice but I think they should change the price. The whole time we were there, I saw maybe one couple occupy them. They should offer reduced prices if no one is using them. Maybe then we would have done it. They are in the center of the pool and you do look special.
The beach and the lounge chairs were also very nice and plentiful. The help was accommodating.

I went to the concierge the day before to ask for a late check out on our final day. They did give an extra hour complimentary. They also said I could use the spa to shower or change if need be. If I wanted the room longer, I would have to pay a half days rate (eye roll). Some of the others requested a late check out that morning and were told that they could not get it. I thought that wasn’t fair. I understand guests are coming in that day, but I believe there is plenty of time to get the room ready. Don’t kick us out just b/c we are leaving later that day. They know what it’s like to get ready, pack, leave your luggage at the bell hop, and try to prepare for exit. They should be a little more accommodating regardless.

Also, the resort fee of $32/day…unnecessary! We’re paying to stay there, we pay for food/drinks. I had no use for the stuff included!
Spa/Gym access, nor the meditation class…didn’t use it.
Beach loungers…shouldn’t that be included?
Internet access…shouldn’t that be included?
Lobby beverage…didn’t see it or drink it.
Video games and unlimited local calls didn’t use it.
A few libations at the pool...if you were able to get one without hailing down the wait staff or pushing people over haha With the prices we spent, this should be free!
The Banana Boat ride has no affiliation with the hotel and I paid separately. It is not included! If that’s the case I deserve a refund!
Again, I still don’t think it’s worth the money. I didn’t use half of the above stuff. And what i did use, should already be included in the hotel price! Not to mention every drink/meal order includes a 20% gratuity! Maybe that’s where they should find their extra $32/day in resort fees.

Overall, the experience at Loews was good. I made my complaints based on my opinion. Would I go back again? Yes, I would. It was clean and everything was in walking distance...shops, restaurants, etc. We even scheduled the free photo shoot, which was super fun! But I wouldn’t go when school is out.

P.S. We did go down for breakfast. They offer menu options as well as buffet ($33). Both very lovely. The café also serves, breakfast/lunch sandwiches, drinks, snacks, & gelato. So you don’t necessarily have to order from the poolside/restaurant menu.
P.S.S. Be prepared to spend money in Miami. It’s a tourist spot. The taxes and fees are added to everything.
P.S.S.S. Miami is a beautiful town. Every night we called that 6 person golf cart and requested the same driver every night. He gave us a tour every night and I learned so much!!! About $5 pp but WELL WORTH IT. I actually fell in love with Miami and would go back in a heartbeat. Ate at the Versace Mansion one night. WOW JUST WOW. What an unforgettable & honorable experience!

VERY awesome trip and I would definitely go back again!!!

3  Thank MillieMW
Reviewed August 27, 2019

B'yon exceptional customer service, elegant chic decor, staff exceeds expectations for the care and concern of their guests, great location and price is worth it. And the view of the city, ocean and pool area are to die for!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
1  Thank laquaniswhitlock
Reviewed August 27, 2019

On yesterday at the Beach with my family I had a wonderful experience the beach attendant name Jayquan had a great greeting awesome customer service he made me and my family feel loved at the beach he made sure we was doing fine he constantly checked up on us I never experienced anything like this in my life so I want to thank him and appreciate his hard work that he is doing and want him to keep up the good work because he made me and my family day even better .

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Miracle_2323
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Recently renovated it is gorgeous! Spacious rooms very well organized and well furnished.
The lobby and pool bars and restaurants are fantastic.
The only flaws are the pool that is too crowded due to the size of the pool and then the beach ... if you are a guest of the hotel I don't understand why, if the beach is included, I have to pay $ 27 for the umbrella. This is not good.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albimoni
Reviewed August 27, 2019

The hotel has a great location.5 min walk to Lincoln road or Ocean drive. Hotels pool has also direct access to ocean beach. Free towels, sunbeds on the beach area. Only umbrellas are extra charge. The pool area is nice with a bar and lunch seating near the pool as well for day time snacks and lunch. Order by the pool sunbed and drink your favorite drink. Reception is very helpful. It was a kind surprise to see a letter for our anniversary along with a drink-set. (Thank you Rad). Our room had a great view of the ocean and the city.

Room tip: Higher floors have nice views.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jackalizm