“South Beach with a GREAT ATTITUDE”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“South Beach with a GREAT ATTITUDE”
Reviewed May 14, 2005

I stayed 3 nights at Loews. The first night I had a partial ocean view room and then upgraded to full ocean view.

As soon as I walked in I knew I had booked the right Hotel. The hotel was decorated beautifully. Landscaping included fountains all over the grounds and beautfiul palm trees and tropical foilage.

If you want anything at Loews you get it. They not only bring you what you want quickly but they have something called Star Service that they call you to make sure you are satisfiedl

I heard the service at South Beach Florida leaves a lot to be desired. Not so, if you stay at Lowes.

A great Hotel in South Beach. And close to everything as well.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 6, 2005

I go to SoBe several times a year like most New Yorkers because, well, it's just never warm where I live! Last time I stayed at the Shore Club but I just keep coming back to the Loews becase of it's service. The staff is so helpful and nice and can get you reservations, club passes or whatever you need.

POOL: The pool scene is fab, it was very hot one day and the servers came around and gave everyone cool face towels and also small samples of sorbet to cool off. I didn't get that at the Ritz or the Shore Club.

ROOM: Very cozy and chic rooms, I didn't want to get out of that bed. Had a balcony and a great view.

FOOD: Poolside is expensive but above average. Didn't eat at the other restaurants in the hotel.

VALUE: Excellent! Much better price than the Shore Club and service is just as good. I stayed at the Ritz once and never will again as I though the service was terrible.

Not really a place for children but I don't really think SoBe is "child-friendly"...familes should head further uptown. You don't get the "scene" at the Loews that you do at some of the other hotels but sometimes you just want some sun and want to be Euro-trash free. If only for a few hours...

• Stayed March 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 3, 2005

Having been to South Beach on numerous occassions over the years, I tended to shy away from the Loews mainly because of the price. I was wrong. The staff was extremely welcoming, we checked in several hours early, was not a problem and no additional charge as well when we left we stayed 4 hrs beyond the checkout time and all was accomodated with no charge. The room was fresh, spotless, and came with all the comforts of home and more. Room service was very reponsive and delivered at all times in under 20 mins. WOW! House keeping were all friendly and the staff in general was always smiling and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed May 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CT
Reviewed April 21, 2005

We just got back yesterday from a 5 night trip to South Beach. We chose the Loews Miami beach because of its good reviews and location. We were not disappointed, however taken back by the high prices for the food, drinks, beach chairs, etc.
My husband and I have traveled to South Beach several times without children, but this time took our 3 kids (from 5 months to 9 years old). The staff was extremely helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived. The hotel and grounds are very clean and lovely. Upon arriving, our children did not get their "welcome packs," but the staff made up for that with a gift certificate to the gift shop. The rooms were nice, but on the small side for a family of 5. The pool is great - very large and heated. There's an excellent walk in area for small children - a gradual incline of water (like the ocean). This worked out really well for our 2 1/2 year old and many other toddlers staying at the hotel. Plan to arrive early morning to get your chair, towels and cushion set up by the pool. The chairs get taken fast! Many people tend to stay by the pool since you have to pay for a chair and umbrella at the beach. $10 a chair and $15 for an umbrella.
There's great food and drink service at the pool and beach, however very expensive for both! $16 bucks for a burger and $14 for a frozen drink to wash it down! We were thankful that we had been there many times before and knew where to eat. Many great restaurants, fast food joints, coffee shops, etc. are within blocks.
All in all it was a great place to take the family. The hotel, beach and location is fantastic and our kids as well as my husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005
8 Thank leeleebeanCt
Montreal
Reviewed April 19, 2005

This is a trendy place perfectly situated in one of the most electric few blocks of North America. I love the rooms of thenew tower, pool and cleanliness of the hotel are outstanding. I've been to South beach 10 or more times and this is the best place to stay. Some might find it expensive but the prices reflect any other Loews Hotel. If your in Canada try the Loews Vogue in Montreal. Will go bak to the Loews Miami Beach and try the original building St. Moritz next time.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank MTL-fashion
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2005

I went to South Beach for a girls weekend with 5 friends. This is the ump-teenth time that I've been to SoBe and have stayed at many of the hotels there. We chose the Loews b/c I wanted a 5-star hotel and the Shore Club, and Delano would not allow a 2 night stay on the weekend we wanted.

The Hotel is great, very clean, large rooms, very helpful and accomodating staff...

If I had to complain, it would be about the following..... The price of the room was $30.00 a night less than the Ritz Carlton (not a big deal). I didn't stay at the Ritz Carlton b/c we thought it might be a little too quiet for a bachelorette party..... However I think I prefer the Ritz Carlton for the following reasons. at the Ritz Carlton you don't get charged for beach chairs (Loews charges $10.00 per day) the Ritz Carlton has hotel vehicles that will drive you to a nearby restaurant, etc..., and the Ritz Carlton will give you a late check-out at 4:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM at the Loews..... Little minor things, but things to take into consideration when you are at a 5-star hotel.

All in all though, the Loews is a great hotel, in a great location, with very friendly, helpful staff and service.....

• Stayed April 2005
15 Thank thezucca
Reviewed April 8, 2005

I was on business alone and thought I'd try the Loew's Hotel based on the rating it was given. However, I would not recommend going to this hotel unless you have your children with you. It was too big and noisy. The hotel itself is beautiful inside but the gym could use some serious updating. It was a lot smaller than advertised. I thought it was a joke you had to pay $10 per day to use a beach chair, they should be provided free of charge. That probably explains why the people with children hung out at the pool. The room service food was good, I didn't try any of the resturants. I found the staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business