“Rooms with fab view”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Rooms very clean, comfortable beds, fluffy dressing gowns given in rooms, staff were excellent (valets were extremely polite and hardworking, staff always said hello, receptionists were extremely helpful and kind), rooms had amazing views of beach.
Unfortunately pool area was packed: space too small for number of guests, sun beds very close together, no privacy. Mini fridge and in-room dining overpriced, food and drink pricy due to 20% service charge plus 10% tax. Sea food restaurant 'lure', is very nice but pricy. More space on beach, however sun beds and cabanas cost around €17 each plus taxes.

Room Tip: Partial sea view rooms are more spacious and have a small balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear panni6,

Thank you for taking the time to stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean, our beds to be comfortable and our staff to be helpful and kind. We are sorry that you found some of our amenities expensive – we try to maintain at par with our competitors and the quality of product and service we provide. Again, we apologize if this was an inconvenience.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us. Have a good day.

There are newer reviews for Loews Miami Beach Hotel

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights and This was our second visit to this hotel in the last three years. It is a big hotel and very busy and reflects the buzz of South beach and happening of ocean drive. We arrived on World Cup final day so the hotel was full of families what hung the final on extra TV's that hotel had provided, it was a bit noisy but to be expected, however the large Latin American contingent were kept quiet by a Germany win! Ocean drive was alive that night with lots of people hanging out down there for the experience. Next day the hotel was relatively quieter. Breakfast is always a nice experience with lots of choice however I always find the costs too expensive and I noticed lots of people pinching things from the buffet but not paying for it! The pool is really good but gets very busy and noisy,the cabanas are just too expensive to experience, the hotel should take note and I would suggest the limited take up should be a strong sign. If the hotel provided a quieter area for a pool experience that would be good. The pool,staff are excellent and the food and drinks are brilliant. The room was good but again like all hotels I stayed in if you are travelling with two children there is never enough wardrobe of drawer space, why is this always the case! I wish the hotel also offered bigger family rooms say of a queen bed plus two singles. The hotel can be noisy in the corridors and adjacent rooms, some people close by were partying all night which spoilt the experience a little. Weekends this place is very busy but a little quieter Monday to Thursday. We stay in Loews hotels were we can and the your first experience here was really good and the VIP manager was very good at looking after us.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Richard R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sounds like you had a great time. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool, hemisphere during the world cup final madness and our breakfast at Preston’s. We are happy to hear that our pool staff was helpful and friendly. We are also happy to hear that our VIP Manager Philip was attentive during your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and for being a loyal YouFirst member. Happy Monday!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed for a few nights in the hotel before heading to Brazil for the world cup. It's very family-friendly, lots of kids and young families running around.

The pool area is huge and was easily comfortable enough for all those who wanted to find a space to soak up the sun.

The service was the level you should expect from a luxury hotel in a tourist destination in America - very attentive, lots of platitudes and checking with you pretty regularly to make sure everything is good. Americans expect this by default wherever they travel and the staff at Loews make sure you know you're being serviced. For me (Australian) and perhaps some others, this can feel a little "over-serviced", as sometimes I'm happy just sitting or chatting with someone and don't need to be interrupted if my drink and plate are still full. Not a comment on Loews staff at all, who were very friendly, but on American service in general!

The location is very convenient to the beach - literally a 10 second walk out the gate and across a small walkway. It's also only a few minutes from the bars and restaurants that are scattered around south beach, offering a good variety of eating and drinking locations.

The room was excellent - very clean, well appointed, all the mod cons. Absolutely nothing to complain about. I was very kindly "slightly upgraded" on arrival, since I arrived at 4am and a room of the type I'd booked wasn't available. Again, excellent service and just what you'd expect from a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear bmcevoy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Looks like you enjoyed many of the great things that make us special – a little relaxing in the sun by the pool, a nice stride down to the beach and sightseeing around our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the attention from our staff. We also hope you enjoyed the world cup. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Happy Friday!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at Loews twice for 4 days and then 1 nightand and had booked well ahead of time as I wanted an ocean front suite with a verandah. The staff were very helpful in their communication during the booking process. However when we checked in the second time, they gave me a suite with no verandah and pathetic ocean view, was very disappointed and the front desk was not helpful at all.. To add to my misery the Internet rate for the period i was there was $299 and when I had booked it was $449, they were not willing to adjust the rate, which was unfair.
Overall the hotel is nice, it's a big family hotel and you are one guest of many..the location is nice and central, with a huge pool.
Anyone booking here, please be wary that you get the room you booked and check the rates. The suite I got was a corner suite with part ocean view from the window and from the verandah on the side, if you have no verandah then there is no ocean view and not worth it.

Room Tip: Just go for a basic ocean facing room NOT ocean view that is a rip off..and as high up as possible.

Dear veronica o,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to hear about your check-in experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have brought you. Reading through the rest of your stay, it sounds like you had a good time and were able to take advantage of our centralized location and huge pool. Again- we apologize for the inconvenience and will make sure our Front Desk is aware so that something like this doesn’t happen again. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back for an even better Loews experience. Happy Friday!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a great stay at the Loews on M.B. The room was nice, bed was super comfortable. As you would expect the food and dining choices at the pool/beach were great but a little pricey. Service was suberb!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Eric L,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, bed, and the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Happy Friday!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I debated and spent too much time looking at many different places to stay on Miami Beach and ultimately booked the Lowe's. My original hesitation was the price but at the end of the day I am so glad we stayed here. The front desk staff was great, everyone there was so polite and kind. Even as we waited for a taxi to take to the cruise, they were passing out cold water bottles for us while we waited. My kids loved it here, the place is absolutely beautiful, the access to the beach was great. Great location and after seeing other hotels I had considered, I knew we made the right choice!!

3  Thank KarenA717
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Karen A,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations. We are also happy to hear that your children enjoyed their stay as well. We do hope the cruise was a fun one and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed in the Loews Miami for 7 days this July. I really struggled with booking this hotel or a few others. After being in Miami beach for about 10 minutes I knew that I had made the right choice, especially after seeing some of the others that I seriously considered. I was worried about space as we were travelling with 2 teenagers. The really helpful Loews call agent encouraged me to book a St Moritz suite, despite it not having an ocean view. I am so glad that she recommended this. Our suite was fantastic. It had a king bedroom, with lots of storage, including a walk in closet, a large bathroom with claw foot tub and separate shower and a queen size pull out for the kids, 2 tvs, for use during afternoon thundershowers. The bed could have been a little more firm for my liking but my husband liked it. Nice bathroom freebies, and the linens were good. Being in the second tower didn't bother me at all, nor did not having an ocean view. Our room was obviously renovated.
The internet only being available on 2 devices didn't really bother us, there was free internet at the pool - it didn't really work in the lobby. Its vacation, how many devices do you need to use?
The food at the pool was a little pricey, but it was good, fair sized portions and better than most places close by. The pool does get full, especially on the weekends, but the pool staff will help you find chairs. the pool area was kept really clean and we liked that it was open late, we went down for a few 10 pm swims. We didn't spend a ton of time at the beach, although it was nice and the water was warm. The beach chair rental was about $45 for 2 chair and an umbrella, they are free at teh pool so we would just go to the beach for an hour here and there. I really like that they don't have the annoying resort fee that other places have for basically nothing.
I have stayed at a few other Loews properties, and they have all been nice. I did find that the smoking in public places bugged me. That is certainly one bonus about going to Hawaii.

I thing that was a negative, and has nothing really to do with the hotel, is that the spa was not very good. I wont' go into detail, but I felt really ripped off.
I would definitely stay at this hotel on a return trip to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: if you can book a suite, do so.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear traveltoes,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed being in our St. Moritz building – king bed, walk in closet and all! Star Service can be helpful like that! We are happy to hear you also enjoyed our complimentary wi-fi. We are happier to hear that you worked on your tan at the pool and the beach. But we are most happy to hear that you have been to other Loews properties!

You mentioned you have stayed with us several times before. Have you joined our YouFirst program? It is a program designed to reward loyal guests like you!! If you haven't already, sign up to begin enjoying benefits at your next stay!