WINNER WONDERLAND

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #63 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Trying to be luxury, not cutting it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just returned from a week here with my 7 year old son. Average room, standard pool, they overcharge for EVERYTHING (even checking email in the business center) and the "free" WIFI is abysmal. I guess the way I would put it is, we had a great time, primarily because the location is great and everything is extremely convenient, but for the money I wasn't wowed. The pool is neither enormous or particularly beautiful or interesting. The rooms aren't either and the balcony we got had a "partial" ocean view and a primary view of building tops. The overnight garage fee is so outrageous we parked in a public garage half a block away for half the price. The food and cocktails at the pool are well below average but hugely expensive - we went off property every day after the first day. Hotel staff is either very friendly and attentive or completely checked out (never coming back to have us sign bills or not coming by to wait on us after sitting in the hotel lounge for twenty minutes). No middle ground. Amenities in the room are minimal - no free water, skimpy with the shampoos and other stuff. As a frequent traveler who often stays in luxury hotels, I think the Loews is missing the mark. So all in all, we had a nice stay, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pamela R
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Pamela R,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurrence and we will be sure to work on the areas that need attention. I will make sure to address the appropriate departments about the different issues that you encountered. We hope to welcome you back so that you can experience true Loews hospitality!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Westhampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We go once a year, and are never disappointed. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, the room service is excellent, we love the pool and the beach, and the new cabanas are great! And the food, wonderful sushi , and the best burger by the pool I ever had!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony , the view both Oceanside and cityside is gorgeous
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kerren8,
We appreciate you sharing your recent stay with us and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience. At Loews Miami you receive a four diamond AND MORE experience from the moment you arrive to the time you leave. We base our hotel values on providing guests with the utmost comfortable and welcoming experience possible. Have you signed up for our YouFirst membership you will be eligible to receive discounts and benefits for increased stays and loyalty to the hotel? Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Morgantown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here 4-5 times over the years. Usually quite satisfactory. During our current trip the hotel has been overrun with spring break tourists. The hotel seems ill equipped to deal with it. The rates are jacked up over the usual and the service has dropped off. They stuck us in another building away from the main hotel. The rooms are older and not as nice as the main hotel. Despite staying here several times I didn't even know this other "B" building existed. At $700 per night, it is a complete disappointment. I will provably stay here again. But I will not stay in the coach class accommodations. And I will try to avoid it during peak times.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Grant F
Dear Grant F,
On behalf of all the staff here at Loews Miami we want to thank you for staying with us and we are honored that you chose to spend your vacation with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is unfortunate that you found the hotel to be less than luxury and not matching up to the descriptions. We pride ourselves on having more than just an exceptional staff, which you mentioned. At Loews we work to truly go above and beyond to create a warm, welcoming, and satisfying experience, so we apologize that you feel your stay was any less than this. Your comments will be shared with our team in an effort to be more efficient. We hope that we can welcome you back again soon for a better experience!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed for three nights during a business conference. The rooms weren't anything special, but the hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions, and had beach access. My only complaint was that my shower curtain was noticeably moldy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank emdash87
Dear emdash87,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. I can assure your that your experience with moldy shower curtains is not a usual occurrence at Loews Miami Beach, we value all of our customers and their business. Please accept our apologies. However, despite a minor hiccup, we are elated to know that you had a pleasurable experience. Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

why on earth would any one give this hotel any positive review,horrible service ,outdated, overpriced,and nasty customer service.
nasty decor, nasty carpets, and smelly rooms and on top it when paid more money to upgrade got not nothing but same crap,this hotel should go out of business, even in room dining is garbage 35 dollar for a nasty burger that mcdonalds would have made a better burger.
I called manager to complain about the room and she flat out told me i can't do anything for you we are sold out just deal with it.
There are many hotel better in south beach for half the price ,just avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank docfoos
Dear docfoos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurrence at Loews Miami Beach, we value all of our customers and their business. Please accept our apologies, if you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel itself was fine.

Every day that we stayed there, housekeeping would come to clean around 5 or 6pm. That's pretty late in my book, but it wasn't a big deal. One day I was heading out around 4ish and while I was getting ready I took some jewelry out and set it on my unmade bed. I never put the jewelery back. At any rate I left and when I came back my bed was made and my jewelery was gone. I filed a report with security and they NEVER got back to me.

Finally, I followed up with a manager, who informed me of the next steps with the insurance company.

Long story short, I never got any reimbursement for jewelery that was irreplaceable.

Aside from the stolen/missing jewelery my main gripe was that the hotel was unorganized (no reason housekeeping should come at 5pm), and unresponsive to a theft. I just felt like they didn't care at all, which was jarring to say the least.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Danielle C
Dear Danielle C,
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is my first review ever on TripAdvisor and I'd like to give credit to the excellent service at the hotel. One of the best service staff I've experienced in the US, with the exception of the bellboys (they are not too bad but simply are not at the same level as other staff). Unbeatable location pm South Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear aspiria,
We thank you for joining us recently and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is valuable to us and we couldn't be happier that you found everything from our pricing, staff, hotel amenities, grounds and service to be exceptional. Our guests are our number one priority, and we hope that your great experience will bring you back again. We are thrilled to hear that you were able to experience true Loews hospitality. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!