“Great service, location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Blaine, Washington
“Great service, location”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Fantastic service--nice rooms, overall hotel amenities. Can be a bit noisy/rowdy... But fantastic staff-so accommodating and helpful, and great location. Lures restraint, the big exception -crappy service , over priced, avg food, and lousy ant titled

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda V
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Linda V,
Thank You for your review. You mentioned that you found our hotel to be at a great location, and you are right. Loews is in the heart of South Beach minutes to the American Airlines Arena, Adrienne Arsht Center, steps from Lincoln Road shopping and restaurants, various museums, Ocean Drive and other landmarks and attractions that make South Beach the gem it is. We apologize for the noise disturbance, I have reported it to security who will make sure to take the right steps in order to prevent a similar incident. We base our hotel values on providing guests with the utmost comfortable and welcoming experience possible. Despite a few minor hiccups it seems that you had a wonderful experience. We thank you for your review and hope to welcome you back soon again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first

Dear Loews,
My day started at 5AM in Los Angeles at which time I was picked up as promised by Reliable Towncar. I boarded my American Airlines flight which departed LA and arrived in Miami on-time. Upon arriving in Miami I received a text from Hertz telling me the stall number of my car. I drove to Whole Foods in South Beach where I received good front end service. Finally, I arrived at your hotel. Upon my arrival at 4:30PM I was advised by the front desk that my room was not available. I knew my guaranteed check in was 4:00 so I didn't understand. I requested a manager to help resolve the issue. Tsehaye came out to greet me and she was friendly, but her solution was to offer me a downgrade which I thought was inappropriate. I told Tsehaye that Loews was about to lose a valuable customer over this, as I have 7 business trips booked at Loews Miami in a 5 month stretch. Tsehaye watched me walk out of Loews never to return. There are too many good companies working hard to earn business, as was demonstrated earlier today by Reliable Towncar, American Airlines, Hertz and Whole Foods. To be fair to Loews, one of their housekeeping management did call later to apologize, sort of. She also felt inclined to tell me what a hard job cleaning rooms is. BTW I took that call from my room at the Kimpton Surfcomber, which is an outstanding boutique hotel on South Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank RWandPW
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear RWandPW,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurrence at Loews Miami Beach, we value all of our customers and their business. Please accept our apologies, if you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Checked out of a different South Beach hotel because it was so disappointing and was saved by Loews. Maybe it was the contrast with the bad hotel, but it felt like one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. There weren't any negatives and the positives included:
- friendly, attentive staff who go beyond expectations
- large clean room
- perfect location beside both Lincoln and the historic Art Deco section of Ocean Dr.
- amazing view
- kids beach area featuring complimentary sun umbrellas and toys
- large very nice pool
- great food (e.g. breakfast buffet with made-to-order juices)
- ice cream shop open until 11pm

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Vncty,
Thank you for your review! We are glad to have played a role in turning your disappointment into a happy experience. Loews in general is a family friendly brand as is was built on the principle of encouraging strong family interaction, by a strong family. If your children are between the ages of 4 and 12, and they haven't yet experienced it, you should bring them by our SoBe Kids Camp. This camp is designed with fun in mind. Mom and dad can relax at the spa or lounge by the pool while the little ones are in their own world playing, reading, learning and being a kid. Our program is available for half and full days with dining options available as well. As you mentioned, Lincoln Road is right around the corner, so grab your partner and head on down to take in the atmosphere of always happening South Beach, while the kiddos are fully entertained by our highly-trained and experienced team.

For all things family, Loews is the place to be, catering to all needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we hope to see you soon!
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Staying a week before Christmas. Highly booked Hotel. Very good location also for walking around South Beach. Due to strong booking some problems at the swimming pool if not present early in the morning.
Nice room facing the ocean. Small Sushi Bar/Restaurant with excellent food and kind personnel. Very helpful also at reception/concierge.

Room Tip: Ask for king double oceanfront. Only a limited number of rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas R,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. With our uniquely local flair and warm sandy beaches, we couldn't imagine spending a holiday vacation any other way. Furthermore, our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations. As you stated, our location, close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer and the amenities within the hotel truly make for an unforgettable experience full of memories to last a lifetime. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just recently completed my third visit to the Lowe’s Miami Beach. I have been twice on business and once for pleasure. The Loews is a wonderful property in a perfect location on South Beach. It is far enough away from the heart of craziness of South Beach to provide a calm, relaxing beach vacation but close enough that all of the South Beach night life is within walking distance 6-10 blocks (if that is what you are interested in). Also it is across the street from the Miami Beach Convention center and a two blocks for the Lincoln road mall. Location is perfect. Additionally, the hotel has all of the amenities for a great pleasure vacation and all of the comforts that the business traveler expects. Some of the highlights of the hotel are: great pool area with Jacuzzis and several pools. There is lots of room for guests to sit out. The hotel has a wonderful access to the beach. The entrance to the hotel from the beach is controlled by key card to restrict access to hotel guests. There are great cabanas at the pool area available for rent.

Room Tip: If budget allows, request one of the junior suites in the older art deco portion of the hotel which...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear ByronDallas_Texas,
We are pleased to have had you as our guest and even more that you enjoyed yourself during your recent vacation to our hotel. You mentioned how close we are to various hot spots in Miami, and we pride ourselves in being the heart of South Beach because of it. Our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations, and it sounds like you have been witness to this. We thank you for your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back again soon for work or fun!
Lancashire
Reviewed February 28, 2014

A return visit to the Loews proved disappointing due to service shortfalls in too many areas: laundry uncollected despite a call to housekeeping, luggage taking an hour to reach the room - OK we changed rooms but that doesn't excuse it and the previously model service at the Pool and in the Hemisphere bar erratic and slow.
We had booked a Junior suite but found the noise from Collins Avenue too intrusive (we had requested a high floor but this was on the eighth out of eighteen) and with no other suites available traded down to a partial sea view on the 7th which proved reasonably spacious and quiet.
The reasons for the decline in service I put down to the fact that the hotel had wave after wave of conventioneers whilst we were there who also tend to gather in noisy gangs by the pool.
I would suggest that if you are spending your own money there may be better choices than the Loews during the convention season.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rover10
Dear Rover10,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are disappointed to learn that you experienced many shortfalls during your recent stay. Please rest assured that all of the related departments have been informed. We continue to strive to improve and be more reliable and consistent with our service delivery. Again, we apologize for the incidents during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to experience true Loews hospitality.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Lobby is expensive and nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly. Food at all of the events we attended was fairly well done, considering the size of our group. Pool area was amazing. Drinks a little pricey but packed a punch. Ordered lunch at the pool one day. Good but shrimp slightly undercooked on my Greek salad. Our room was very well appointed. We were upgraded at check in to a partial ocean view. I would not recommend paying for this upgrade. The view was just ok but it was nice to get it gratis. We did have to settled for two doubles, even if we had declined the upgrade. That was disappointing.

Easy access to the wonderful beach and lots of shopping/eating choices close by. Would return for sure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear motor_city_girl,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Delivering exceptional service is our top priority and It seems you had a few minor hiccups during your stay, we apologize. However, it seems like overall you did enjoy your stay, along with the restaurants in-house and around South Beach. We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again soon!