“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location in South Beach! Beautiful hotel! We were well taken care of, rooms were comfortable and clean, and the beach location was ideal. Also a nice pool! Only reason I did not give it five stars is it was definitely overpriced and gratuity was often automatically added regardless of service. Kristin was an amazing server at the pool and beach!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Ktwaack,

We appreciate your kind words about our staff and their friendly attitudes towards guest service. We take pride in having such a dedicated, strong and caring team. You are right, our hotel is in the perfect location to local hot spots like Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive and the Art Deco District. We hope you were able to enjoy all that South Beach has to offer, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another relaxing vacation experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our weekend stay at this luxury hotel was greatly enhanced by the attentive staff - nothing was too much for them, they went the extra mile to ensure we had a memorable stay.
The location is perfect for the restaurants and the beach.
Our room was clean, we felt safe, and the bed was superb!
Can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Young-at-heart-99,

Thank you for taking a moment from your day to write a review of our hotel and share your recent experience with us.

Your feedback is appreciated as we constantly work to find ways to engage and delight our guests. You seem to have had an incredible experience throughout your stay, which we are happy to hear. We hope that you will come back and join us again sometime soon.
Atlantic City, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just checked out of this hotel this morning after 3 nights on a girls' trip with 1 of my best friends. The hotel itself is beautiful, huge & the staff was very friendly, always smiling & very accommodating. You really do feel like a valued guest as soon as you walk in or out of the doors. The pool is amazing & it doesn't close so you can spend all day or all night laying out enjoying the weather, water & people. There is a live band on the weekends & every hour there is a little thing they do (mist spray, coffee toast, etc...). The room was very nice, clean & spacious. Lots of tv channels for a hotel but this is the Loews after all.

Now for the but...the fees for basic things that should be included with your stay are a bit insane. For example, we wanted to print our boarding passes at the business center & it would've been $8 for 20 minutes. We had gone out to dinner & had leftovers that I wanted to finish off later on in the night. I called to inquire about a microwave & was told it would be....you ready for this???.....a whopping $30 for the stay to use a microwave. JUST TO HEAT UP MY FOOD FOR 2 MINUTES?!?!?! Then at the pool I ordered a drink. Base price was $14 & I upgraded to the medium size for $4 more. Fine okay I splurged. I figured I'd be there for a couple of hours so why not get a nice sized frozen drink to keep me cool. I had $22 with me so I was ok because I still had enough $ to tip the server. Or so I thought. I wasn't told when I ordered the drink that there was a definite service fee & tax on the drink. The menu tells you that the menu items are SUBJECT to a fee. I get my check & the fees & tax were another $4 putting me at $23 plus some change. I was highly annoyed & a little embarrassed because I'm not the type of person to not bring enough $ with me somewhere. The server told me it was alright & he took what I had. I felt bad & I told him he should have told me the total with the fees prior to bringing the check. Needless to say, the server did not get very close to us for the rest of his shift. Last thing, since our room was ready very early, we checked in. A few minutes after we got into our room, an employee came to check the mini bar. She thought we were about to check out but we told her we had just arrived. After checking the mini bar, there was a bottle of Fiji water that was missing. We told her we did not drink/take it because we just got there. She brought back a new bottle. When we checked out this morning, they tried to charge us for that damn bottle of Fiji which was highly annoying & again we had to explain that we were not responsible for that. (The fee for that Fiji was $15 btw).

Overall, I was a little spoiled here with the luxury accommodations & I would stay here again. I had read some reviews of Loews prior to booking the trip so I knew doing anything extra here would break the bank but I still got tricked lol. I was very disappointed with those negative things we encountered. Prior to this trip I had only stayed on Ocean Drive where all the madness is & I will never stay there again. I would only stay at the resorts where Loews is. Its great for families, a quieter & more relaxing part of SOBE & the crowd is not rowdy & crazy. You only have to walk just a few blocks to get that experience. I will probably try 1 of the other luxury resorts the next time I'm in Miami to compare but I would stay at the Loews again in Miami or another city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaylizz
Dear Jaylizz l,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to inform us of your experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us to grow and reach new levels of quality service, which is standard here at Loews. You mentioned that there are a lot of little things that you have to pay for at the hotel that are not included in the room rate. We are a four star, four diamond luxury hotel with high quality staff and amenities, and in terms of pricing we are actually competitive with other hotels of our caliber. e pride ourselves on offering the highest quality service possible with an element of personalized care to ensure each guest feels like a part of the family. It warms our heart to know you had an enjoyable time and we can only hope that you will join us again soon to do it all over again!
Huntington, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently stayed at Loews for a trade show. The staff is extremely accommodating, attentive and gracious. The hotel however is just regular. Don't know what I expected, perhaps more of a luxury resort, this is wasn't. The rooms, while clean, had that awful Miami damp smell. Decor was just ordinary and dull. Bathroom amenities were boring. Nightly turndown was inconsistent. If you have to stay there for business, try to get an ocean "front" or otherwise you have just a depressing view of rooftops.

Room Tip: Request ocean front (not view) high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Huntingtongalpal,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to inform us of your experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us to grow and reach new levels of quality service, which is standard here at Loews. You mentioned that you joined us for a trade show, but hope that you were able to do more than just work during your stay. With our iconic pool, direct oceanfront location and newly debuted cabanas, and our newly opened Lure Fishbar we hope that you will give us another try soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Bachelorette Weekend in South Beach! This was my first time to Miami and my first visit to a Loews property. What an amazing hotel!! Not only was it upscale and beautiful but the staff was out of this world. All of our cares were addressed from our room upgrade to our waiters at the pool each day. The staff went above and beyond to take excellent care of us. The rooms were clean and cozy - great beds!! and we loved all the contemporary furnishings too. Beach & ocean were exactly what you want when you go to Miami - white sand & turquoise water! Like being in the Caribbean without the hassle of customs :) The walkway in between the beach and the hotel was a nice walk to get to Ocean Drive. We loved everything about this hotel - will definitely be returning! Thank you Loews!!

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor on the right side of the hallway -- we had an awesome view of the beach &...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SeaShellFinder
Dear SeaShellFinder,
What a review! We pride ourselves on not only offering the highest level of guest service, but on having the most wonderful and dedicated staff, as well as being in the heart of all local attractions and great nightlife in South Beach. Our close proximity to all things is one feature of the hotel that shines and makes us a hot spot in South Beach. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again soon. In fact, join us next year for our annual Girlfriends' Getaway Weekend event in April. You will love it!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

top quality hotel, dead in centre of south beach close to everything you need.

Pool is Fantastic & the beach is 2 seconds walk from the pool

Room are great we have a sea view room.

We loved Miami there is so much to do & see here.

Great Holiday

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smed2013
Dear smed2013,
We appreciate your posting and we're excited to hear that you enjoyed your pool & beach experience. We hope that you will return soon to experience our newly debuted SOAK cabanas and Daybeds in the flawless South Beach weather.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and service oriented. We had a suite for a large group and it was larger than most other hotels. The pool is one of the best in Miami, and also has great beach access. It is convenient to Lincoln Rd and all the Miami hot spots.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Elyss118,
Thank you for your review of The Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We take pride in having such a dedicated, strong and caring team and we are elated to know that you experienced just that. We hope you revisit us soon for an even better experience!