“Excellent service, best pool in perfect location”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #63 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent service, best pool in perfect location”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and service oriented. We had a suite for a large group and it was larger than most other hotels. The pool is one of the best in Miami, and also has great beach access. It is convenient to Lincoln Rd and all the Miami hot spots.

• Stayed September 2013
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Elyss118,
Thank you for your review of The Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We take pride in having such a dedicated, strong and caring team and we are elated to know that you experienced just that. We hope you revisit us soon for an even better experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friends and I were recently guests of this hotel, and I must tell you that the staff is exceptional. Each and every person that we met was pleasant, engaging and friendly.
It all started with Omar at the Front Desk who put in the extra effort to ensure we had rooms on the same floor, and with balconies. Mike at the Pool who found us three chairs together on that hot, crowded Sunday afternoon, chatting with us the whole time. Rene at SoBe Coffee greeted me each morning with a smile. Derek at the Taxi Stand was so friendly and plied us with those free water bottles! Crystal (I hope that I got that correct!) who helped me to establish my Loews You First account was very patient and helpful.
I must say that Luis at Splash was exceptional! Each day he would offer advice and counsel as to places to go and things to see. We looked forward to seeing Luis every day.
This is a beautiful hotel, with a wonderful staff and I would not hesitate to recommend the Loews Miami Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that has a view of the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Molly15
Dear Molly15 ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay . It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a warm welcome. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach, Omar, Rene, Mike, Derek and Luis are example of that! Our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations. As you stated, our location, close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer and the amenities within the hotel truly make for an unforgettable experience full of memories to last a lifetime. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends again soon!
connecticut
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for four nights and had a wonderful experience. Surpassed our high expectations. Every staff member was attentive and very courteous. Well trained and generally guest focused. Beautiful property with great pool and beach area. Very conveniently located to everything. Best of exciting city and beach all in one.
Never expected South Beach to be so much fun. We will return and stay only at the Loews.

Samuel one of the bellmen deserves special mention. He was very very nice and helpful.

Outstanding.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Holidays097,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a warm welcome and that Jorge took great care of your family prior to and throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach, and Jorge is a prime example of that! Our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations, and it sounds like you have been witness to this. We will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to Samuel and his supervisor for a job well done. Again, your feedback is very important to us because it allows us to improve every day to be the best we can be. Looking forward to your next visit!
Mermaid Waters, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was a lovely hotel to stay in right on the beach close to restaurants and shops.
The staff was very accommodating and friendly.
The rooms were spacious and clean.
Please don’t forget to get an ice cream from Scoop ice cream shop in the hotel, absolutely delicious. Also had a massage in the spa at the hotel, this was also very good, Natalia was very professional I felt absolutely wonderful after it.
I would also like to thank the staff again for sending my husband’s jacket on to us which we had left in our room.
We really appreciate it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Holidays097
Dear Holidays097,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We are so pleased that you found time to enjoy the spa and relax in peace. Our Elemis spa is incredible and truly helps to release any excess pressure and stress carried with us throughout the day. From fine dining and ice cream shops, to boutique shopping, a luxury spa and more, Loews Miami Beach has everything you need and you don't even have to leave the hotel! We hope that you will come back and join us again sometime soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As I prepared for our trip to Loews Miami Beach, I searched the Internet all over trying to find some information on traveling with children, and without a pile of cash. I didn't learn much. This review is meant to serve as tips I've learned in case it helps someone else. First, the hotel and amenities. I read several reviews that the pool was crowded and the staff could be less than friendly. I did not experience this at all. We went to the pool around 9:00 most mornings and stayed until lunch. We went back after naps in the afternoon. It is quite crowded from that time until 4:30 or so, but then it clears out considerably. There is free fruit infused water at the pool area. Towels can be taken to the beach. There is no lifeguard, but lots of staff, and someone checking for room keys on your way into the pool and as you re-enter from the beach. The hotel Is lovely, and everyone we encountered was super helpful, starting with the valet who explained that we could leave our bags with the bellhop, park our car across the street for half the price, and then walk back to the hotel. Fare we tried included the ice cream shop which was reasonable at $5 for a large scoop. The continental breakfast served at the sobe coffee shop was less than desirable for a family. We walked just around the corner to a restaurant "La Provence" to get a baguette and cream cheese that fed mom and 2 young children for less than $8. For lunch, Subway and McDonalds are within walking distance, but make sure to try Pizza Bar (right next to La Provence) for delicious pizza. We got a large cheese pizza for $16 and a side salad from La Provence for $3 and had enough for lunch and dinner back at the hotel. All in all for mom and 2 kids we spent about $30-$40 per day for food and $16 per day for parking. We took advantage of the popcorn and drinks at the poolside movie, and enjoyed playing on the boat at the beach (an area for kids complete with toys). It is also wonderful that the pool provides noodles for the children to swim. Our room had an ocean view, and it was breathtaking...no need to be ocean front. One thing I read about was the SoBe kids camp at the hotel. I inquired about this and found that for Friday and Saturday nights from 5:30-10:00 the cost is $65 per child. The do have a day program as well, but I did not ask the cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank K A
Dear K A ,
Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer is one of our biggest attributes, and it is the local flair and nightlife that make Miami the destination it is. Loews in general is a family friendly brand as is was built on the principle of encouraging strong family interaction, by a strong family.
We are so happy to hear about your terrific experience at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, and even more thrilled to hear about the experience with your room view. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the breathtaking ocean views. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have traveled the world - and have stayed at many fine hotels and resorts. However, when I stayed (for the first time) at The Loews Miami Beach Hotel, this past summer I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of service and the size and quality of the rooms (I had a GRAND ocean view room.) The location is absolutely 'dead on': Right on South Beach, walking distance to all the restaurants and boutiques on Ocean Drive. Across the street is world-famous Lincoln Road (I never tired of walking that wonderful promenade of shops, restaurants, cinemas - and the show of people from everywhere!) Granted that I was accompanied by a very VIP party (extended family) - who booked the fabulous Presidential Suite, with all its super amenities - I found the staff all very amenable to go that extra mile for everyone. The restaurant at the swimming pool was my 'hang-out' for my 10 day stay and I must say, I really enjoyed the food. The hotel is somewhat pricey, by American standards (....quite reasonable by European standards) but WELL WORTH IT! The views from the top floors are breath-taking, whether facing the ocean or even the city views. I would certainly recommend this hotel over many of the other South Beach properties. Plus they are PET-FRIENDLY!! No regrets and.... I definitely will stay there again, especially when the snow is knee high in the north - and the temperatures in MIAMI BEACH inviting!

Room Tip: Staying on the beach - I think you're missing out if you don't book an ocean view room with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Don R
Dear Don R,
What a review! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. Your comments about our grounds are appreciated, as we believe our hotel is one of the finest gems on South Beach. You couldn't have picked a better spot! As you mentioned, with our direct beach access, oceanfront amenities, 24 hour pool, and close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer and a staff that is highly-trained and dedicated to providing personalized service, is what sets Loews apart from the rest. On behalf of all the staff here at Loews Miami we want to thank you for staying with us and we are honored that you chose to spend your vacation with us.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I will start my review by talking about the only negative thing ....Parking !!! $44 per 24 hours !!!! We were typical tourists and parked their because it was easy ... But straight opposite the hotel is a multi storey car park that is $16 dollars to park there! So many guests had parked there so please don't fall into the easy trap that we did and end up paying & $44 dollars per day.
So the hotel ... Rooms - Gorgeous / Service - Fantastic / Location - Perfect / .... Yes it's pricey but it's the best hotel in South Beach so just do it ! I would 100% return to this hotel !

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Stephanie R
Dear Stephanie R,
We are so pleased to hear about your satisfaction with your recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We do our best to stay competitive with other hotels of our caliber, and hope you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. In regards to valet, it is the primary option for our guests, as there is limited parking in Miami in general, however, as you stated there is a parking garage across the street with self-parking which is an alternative. Either way, our guests are provided with options that will best suit their needs and abilities. It sounds like at the end it all came together and you were able to leave with fond memories and a desire to come back and join us again.