“Nice for south beach”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Nice for south beach”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Looks like one of the better hotels in south beach. Most are kinda beat! Bring your wallet, draft beer in bar....$11. The bill on the way out is more than the reservation! Not really but you get the picture. Bar staff not so good. Bryan at the pool very friendly. Not sure how this place stacks up, good overall, little overpriced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear wildcatgolf,

Your feedback is much appreciated, as are the kind words about our hotel and the staff, Brian in particular. We are happy that you joined us for your vacation. As for the comments about the prices of the food and beverage, we pride ourselves on being competitive with other hotels and restaurants of our caliber in and around Miami Beach, however I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate departments so they can be aware of the concern.Thank you again, we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Loews Miami Beach and felt compelled to write about the FABULOUS stay and EXCELLENT service. From before I even got there I had spoken to George at the concierge and was impressed with the level of service. I was extremely happy to see that EVERYONE I encountered at the hotel offered that same level of service. From the wait staff, to the pool and beach staff, and Ernanda at our SOAK Cabana, each person was super friendly and seemed like they couldn’t do enough. The rooms, as was the entire hotel, were very clean and comfortable as well. Each meal I had was delicious. Things were a little pricey, but that is to be expected at a hotel, especialy one in South Beach. I am not sure when I will be back in Miami, but when I do go back, I will definitely stay at the Loews! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeedraF
Dear DeedraF,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a FABULOUS time and that Jorge took great care of you prior to and throughout your stay and that Ernanda capped it off at the SOAK cabana's. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach, and Jorge and Ernanda are a prime example of that! Our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations, and it sounds like you have been witness to this. We will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to Jorge and Ernanda and their supervisors for a job well done. Again, your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit!
Boston
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have now stayed at the Loews Miami Beach 3 years in a row. It's a popular hotel, consistently busy but in spite of it all, the staff are very professional and manage the fast pace and demanding customers very well.

Our room was fine -- however, they had shampoo-ed the carpet before we arrived and it was still damp. We called housekeeping and they put in a couple of dryers which fixed the problem but probably, they should have communicated that the carpet was still damp before guests were routed to this room.

Everything else was immaculate, we had a nice balcony with a view of the ocean; all the expected amenities were in the room. My only complaint is the coffee service in the room -- I do not like the Emeril Lagasse Keurig coffee -- it's not a good tasting cup of coffee. Do your guests a favor and try another brand.

The I-Phone, I-touch docking station didn't work -- a slight negative, too, as we wanted to listen to music and were not impressed with the sound quality or commercial radio station selections.

Big pluses this year -- the very nice staff at the Starbucks off the lobby -- they recognize guests, they are super speedy and friendly; we also got a guest pass for the spa -- we had a late flight out our final evening. We were able to leave a change of clothes in the locker and use the pool, go to the beach, etc and then shower in the spa. The showers are tidy, there are very nice amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair dryers, etc for use. The jacuzzi was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jtois
Dear jtois,

Your review and continued loyalty to our hotel is greatly appreciated. It sounds like you have had wonderful experiences in the past 3 years you have joined us and came into this visit expecting the same, but found a few faults this time. It seems it started off on the wrong foot with the carpet in your room, and for that I am sincerely apologetic. Our staff should definitely have warned you, but most importantly there is no reason we should be placing a guest in an incomplete room, so please rest assured I will be passing these comments on to the appropriate department. As for the coffee in the room, thank you for your thoughts, they too will be passed along and see if there is any progress in bringing in more of a variety in the options. Aside from this you seem to have had an overall great time and another successful Loews vacation. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The room was nice so was my view I had a king suite with a balcony view.I didn't like the fact that guest services thought that it would be ok to use their key to come in to my room while my husband and I were in there I was in the bathroom and he was on the balcony mind you the room was already cleaned for the day when my husband went down stairs to confront the guest manager and the front desk manager he tells my husband we should have put the don't desterb sign or put the lock across the door .second the most of the servers in natiulis was rude and acted like they were doing you a favor by coming over to you at the poolside the worst was the bald guy medium build with tribal tattoos.. I stayed for a week and the inly good thing was the beach and prestons. the poolis crowded at times ..

• Stayed May 2013
Dear commonsprings,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your most recent stay. We value all guest feedback and consistently look for ways to improve experiences and overall satisfaction throughout the hotel. Your concerns regarding staff coming into your room while you were otherwise unavailable are valid, and we would be happy to look further into what happened if you would be so kind as to call and provide us with your reservation number and/or name on the reservation. Since you mentioned the room had already been cleaned, one of my thoughts is that maybe the mini bar staff was coming in to check if it needed to be restocked. Regardless, our staff is trained before entering a room to knock on the door twice, ring the doorbell and call out their name and department to ensure that there is either a chance for the guest to open the door or to announce themselves if no one opens. Either way, rest assured that the department has been notified of your concerns and will address them so they don't happen again. Thank you once more for your visit and feedback about your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon, and hope that next time your stay will be better.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in May with my husband. Loved the place. The check-in was easy and they checked us in before 3 pm. The room is very nice and clean and bed comfortable. Nice bathroom with good towels. The pool area is also nice, although it could use more umbrellas as it's very hot and sunny. I was disappointed that they charge for chairs and umbrellas on the beach. That should be included in the already high room place.

Dear luxtraveler123,

We thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us about your recent stay. While we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience for the most part, you did express concern about the charges for chairs and an umbrella at the beach. While that area is considered public, the reserved area where we have seating for the hotel is strictly for Loews guests only. Boucher Brothers, which is the company that mans the entire beach and all of the seating as well which is the reason why there is a charge. They are not directly employed by Loews, however they do offer Loews guests a discounted rate on their services. Regardless, we do appreciate the feedback as it provides us with insight into the guest experience and allows us to look for ways to better their stay in the future. We thank you for your time and hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
New York
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Loews Miami Beach from May 16-19th.

From the time we checked in the staff could not do enough for us. We had an early flight from NY and they were able to check us in early, at 11 am. The rooms are clean and spacious, and although we had a city view, we were on the corner and had perfect view of the ocean and beach.

The pool and grounds are very clean, and the service is propmt and friendly. Each day by the pool there are a lot of activities for kids... and throughout the day they come by and mist you with water and aloe! The location is perfect, directly on the boardwalk, so my friend and I were able to walk each morning with a beautiful view. The hotel is located on Collins, in the middle of the strip, within easy walking distance to the best areas on Lincoln and Ocean.

On Saturday night, they had a great live band in the bar and they were great!

Some things to remember::
This is a LUXURY hotel... that being said... expect to spend $15 on a drink, $7 on water, and for gratuity to be added onto everything.

Get to the pool EARLY to reserve your chairs... they fill up very quickly.

Overall, this is an outstanding hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it... ocean view with a balcony is the way to go... but its too pretty to spend to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear sweeetyjh,

We are thrilled to hear you had an outstanding time during your recent visit to our hotel. Treating guests like family is part of the Loews genuine hospitality. That being said, I am happy to hear you were able to be accommodated and checked-in early on the day of arrival. This is not always a possibility due to our generally high occupancies, however when it is an option we always go above and beyond to make sure our guests are satisfied. From the pool to the misting each day and the strip on Lincoln Road, it seems your friend and you were able to enjoy all that South Beach and Loews have to offer. We look forward to hosting you again soon and thank you for your feedback and review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here in the past and was not too happy. Gave this place another try and was very impressed. My only complaint is doors slam shut and you will hear noise in the hallways all hours. Staff was great!!! I remember Craig at the pool from my last trip. One of Loews hardest workers. Thank you Loews I will be returning very soon.

Room Tip: get a room away from elevator
1 Thank JENNIFERLYNN4312
Dear JENNIFERLYNN4312,

Thank you so much for your feedback during your recent stay and also for giving Loews another try despite your last experience. We pride ourselves on doing whatever we can to ensure all of our guests feel attending to, engaged, accommodated and satisfied from the moment they arrive to the second they leave. It seems this time around you were able to experience this genuine Loews hospitality and for that we are grateful. Craig was also a key player in your satisfactory experience and we couldn't be more proud of his dedication and hard work. He consistently goes above and beyond to assist guests and is a prime example of what we hope to achieve in customer service. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to his supervisor to share the great news. Thank you again for joining us a second time, and we hope to see you more often now that we were able to turn your experience around.