7,866 results
All reviewsst moritzpool arealincoln roadocean drivelarge hotelpartial ocean viewbeautiful hotelcity viewpool staffservice chargefitness centeran umbrellagreat poolper daylounge chairsbeach accessespanola way
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We just returned from a four day stay. My husband had a conference, and we met up with friends we hadn't seen in a few years. We all had an amazing stay. The service was absolutely top notch, without exception. Upon check in, our room wasn't ready, so to make up for the inconvenience (only an hour or so, it wasn't a big deal) we were upgraded and given a voucher for two free drinks- without even having to ask. Our room was always immaculately cleaned, it was spacious, and the bed was pretty comfortable. There was always someone in the lobby to ask how our stay was going, if we needed anything, or to hold a door open. The staff at Hemisphere lounge was extremely quick and friendly- no easy task considering how busy it got with the conference crowd. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for food or drinks (both of which were excellent). My experience at Splash gift shop was very nice- I went down one night in need of a pair of scissors to cut a tag off a dress (purchased elsewhere) and the sales person was helpful and friendly. I had such a pleasant experience that I actually went back the next day and purchased some perfume. The thing that really made our trip, however, was renting a cabana at SOAK for two days. The convenience and amenities are wonderful, (check out the hotel website for the full description) but the service was even better. Our hostess, Deveraux, was truly amazing. We were so well taken care of! She went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted before we ever asked. If you're even considering renting a cabana, I would highly recommend it, and recommend that you request Dev when you make the reservation. While we spent most of our time at the cabana, we did venture out to the beach for a while and I was impressed with the service and cleanliness/appearance there as well. We didn't bring the kids this trip, but noted that there is a lot for them to do. There is a kids club, the pool has toys available and a shallow area for toddlers, the restaurants have special kid-friendly menus, and the hotel staff all seemed to be very interactive and good with the children that we saw. All in all, it was a perfect business/pleasure quick getaway and we will definitely be back, maybe next time with the kids. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Book an ocean-view, balcony room if you can. We loved having our morning coffee on the terrace watching the waves and enjoying the ocean breeze!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Kristin R,

Thank you for providing us with the details on your recent visit and highlighting the staff and their ability to turn an otherwise unfortunate situation into a positive guest experience. Our team works diligently to provide the highest quality service and professionalism, and we know when we have done something that needs fixing. I am happy to hear that we took care of you and your husband at arrival, and we're even more delighted that you found our property to be warm, welcoming and just what you needed during your recent stay. Again we thank you for sharing in such detail your experience, and look forward to many happy returns.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Loews South Beach with our baby. We chose this hotel because we heard it was good for families. When we arrived it was chaos in the check in area as we learned they were hosting a "girlfriends getaway weekend" for single girls- not exactly what you would expect from a "family" hotel. Our room was fine, it was a suite in the St. Moritz, bath leaked and sink didn't drain well. Food and drinks were WAY over priced although good. We were dissappointed by the overall service. I would walk to pool area with 8mo old baby and get ignored by pool staff rather than assisted. We did not find the staff friendly or helpful. There are so many hotels in that area, I would recommend people looking for family friendly places go somewhere else...

Room Tip: We heard staying in the main loews was very loud, the st. moritz building was quiet and nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear NewYorkCitySweets,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us. At Loews Miami Beach we pride ourselves on listening to our guests and continuously looking for ways to improve and provide the best service and experience to our guests. We apologize if your stay was interrupted in any way and you did not achieve this same feeling.

You mentioned that there was a bit of chaos at the front desk when you arrived due to an event going on at the hotel that weekend. The one weekend out of the year that we host our Annual Girlfriends' Getaway Weekend, just so happened to be the same one you arrived on, so we invite you to join us on another occasion to experience the ambiance in another light. While we are a primarily family oriented hotel, we do have a few weekends out of the year where our clientele are not just families. There is no one hotel which is 100% in any segment, especially on South Beach with our vast cultures, diversities and travelers. However, we do understand that it was not your intention to be surrounded by this many "girlfriends" during your stay, so again we invite you to join us again and experience Loews another way which may be more appealing to you and your family. As far as South Beach goes, we are THE premier luxury and family hotel on the strip, and we hope you will join us again and give us another chance to show that to you.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable to us.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

i have just returned form 6 nights celebrating mine and my friends 50th birthday , i have stayed at the hotel before so i knew what i was getting and booked a grand king suite ocean view as a treat , the room was prefect for 3 ladies and the location is great ,

it is such a shame that i had my cartier watch stolen from the pool side , the hotel security were helpful but i really dont think that the management cared at all , there was no follow up to see or speak to me and every time some one asked at the gate to see my room key . you can imagine how i felt . it put a downer on my trip as i could not understand how this could have happened , when there are guards all round the hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank upperclass1

Dear upperclass1,

Thank you for your recent visit, especially for returning on such an important birthday celebration. I am grateful that you have taken the time to share your valuable feedback. After reading your response, and upon further investigation, I was pleased to hear that our VIP manager and our Security Director both spoke with you. Rest assured we uphold uncompromised integrity with our team and our guests. Additionally, the Loews Miami Beach Hotel takes great pride in providing a safe and secure environment for our guests. Despite your inconvenience, we are truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious ocean front suite, as well as the location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great location. Pool and beach are beautiful. Everything is within walking distance so you do not need a car. Everyone at the Loews Miami from the Front Desk (Jenny), to the pool (Benny), is very friendly. Definitely get a mojito at the pool bar. There was a mixup about charges to my room, but Mutouhan Jucuk, one of the managers of the hotel, straightened out the matter. Call him if you have any problems.I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view...even if its a partial view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mel1776
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Mel1776,

Thank you for taking a moment from your day to write a review of our hotel and share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is appreciated as we constantly work to find ways to engage and delight our guests. You seem to have had an incredible experience throughout your stay, which we are happy to hear. We are also happy to hear that Mutluhan was able to assist you with any inconvenience you may have had, we will be sure to thank him. You were able to try many of our amenities within the hotel, such as our famous mojitos. From fine dining and ice cream shops, to boutique shopping, a luxury spa and more, Loews Miami Beach has everything you need and you don't even have to leave the hotel! We hope that you will come back and join us again sometime soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I went here for a weekend get away and we had a great time. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice. The hotel was well located and we felt very comfortable. What made the stay exceptional was Jorge the concierge. I talked to Jorge prior to my stay and he helped me plan my entire stay which was the reason for me selecting this hotel to stay in. Once I arrived he was most helpful in answering questions, recommending places to go etc. He recommended 2 restaurants and provided candid advice on what tours were worth it and what weren't. He really made my husband and I feel at home and we had a great time. I want to thank Jorge for all his help and I want to say that I will return to this hotel because of Jorge!!! Over all a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The Luxury King rooms are great! Partial ocean view and a little city view... Request one with a balcony ---
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yash B

Dear Yash B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a warm welcome and that Jorge took great care of your family prior to and throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach, and Jorge is a prime example of that! Our team is dedicated to providing an AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations, and it sounds like you have been witness to this. We will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to Jorge and his supervisor for a job well done.

Again, your feedback is very important to us because it allows us to improve every day to be the best we can be. Looking forward to your next visit!