“Great Beach, Pool, and Close to the Action”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #63 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Beach, Pool, and Close to the Action”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here on business for nearly a week. Awesome stay. This beachside hotel is very close to all the action South Beach has to offer. Easily within stumbling distance.

The beach itself is beautiful. Just a quick walk by the great pool and you are on the beach. Beachside wait service is a plus. Be prepared to pay $15 per drink and $30 for a hamburger. That being said, you're eating a burger and drinking a margarita ON MIAMI BEACH. That's gonna demand a high premium. The pool is a wonderful place to relax. Some kids, but not overwhelming. Lots of chairs to choose from in many different areas. Rooms are nicely appointed and very quiet. Found the housekeeping service to be on target.

While I was here on business this time, I wouldn't hesitate bringing the family to this hotel...resort really. You'll pay for the location and amenities, but you'll enjoy the convenience and beauty of it all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear WendellG,

Wow a week business trip in sunny South Beach? I'll take it, especially if it means escaping the chilly weather in Wisconsin, am I right? We couldn't be happier to have had you as our guest and even more that you were able to find time to enjoy yourself outside of working and experience Loews and South Beach in its entirety.

From the close shopping and dining areas, to the beachside service, you were able to experience the little things that make Miami the beautiful tropical oasis it is. You mentioned that you would consider bringing your family next time you join us, and we would be delighted to host you all. There are various children's activities to choose from at our very own SoBe Kids Camp. Mom and Dad can relax and soak up the sun, while the kids are playing and surrounded by other kids their own age. There's something for everyone at Loews Miami Beach, and we hope you will join us again to see it just for yourself.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

All in all when spending 500 per night I'm surprised at a few things. 1. We were with a conference staying an extra night, and we asked the front desk about if the photo kiosk would be open tomorrow, Brenda wouldn't ask a manager she just said, the second floor opens at 5am. Ok, I get that, but it's 130am and I really don't want to get up that early just to find out something. I'm very bothered by this because I'm sure she could find it out. 2. No refrigerators or microwaves... That to me is just a nice feature for leftovers for the mornings. 3. Very crowded by the poolside...

Our company made the trip amazing but I was shocked at the bad service we got from Brenda about something so little..., but when you travel sleep is very important and I have to get up I'm a few hours because she couldn't help us.

Hotel is gorgeous though.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Savvylady8,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and raise your concerns with us regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback that our guests provide, as it allows us to hear what guests are saying and work towards getting better each day.

In addressing your concerns, we would like to apologize first for any discomfort you felt in your interaction with any of our team members. It is our duty to provide guests with answers to their questions as best we can. You mentioned you were here with a conference, and when you requested to know about the photo kiosk on the second floor, perhaps Brenda was not aware of this feature due to it being provided by your group. Just so you are aware, during conferences, any items provided by the group are also managed by the group, so it may have been that there was not a group representative available at the time you were requesting information. Regardless, we apologize that your answer was not approached or provided to you in a preferable way. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the photo kiosk the next morning. About the microwaves and refrigerators, we do have these items available for rent at a fee if the guest requests it. If the request is because of health, medical, or baby reasons we will send it up without a fee as a courtesy. Our apologies if this was not made aware to you. Many of our guests find the minibar to suffice during their stay, but one could understand your point about leftovers, so we will make note of this for the future.

We thank you for your feedback again and will be sure to address the issues you had with our team members, but hope that this experience will not keep you from joining us again. Looking forward to hosting you and your conference again, maybe next time you will have a chance to relax and enjoy more of the vacation aspect than just working.
cincinnati
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just was lucky enough to spend an entire week at Loews. This hotel is so beautiful. We arrived late and were greeted by a lovely and gracious Mercedes at the front desk. The room was ready and we loved it. This is my favorite place to stay ever. Perfect location. The hotel and rooms are spotless. Big thank you to the house keeping folks. Love the nautilus bar. There are two bar ladies who have been there every time I have stayed and they are great despite being extremely busy! The beach chair rentals are reasonable in price and extremely comfy. Also noticed new pads on the pool chairs also comfy and nice. Breakfast every morning on the terrace-delicious and great service. We splurged and did the soak daybeds--not so great. Service nothing special, we actually had to go to the bar to get a drink. The bill for the day bed ended up being 371.00 dollars with taxes and automatic gratuity. I always tip 20 percent and then some, so I am not a cheapskate,but I really did not think the daybed was worth $25.00 much less $371.00. Service just was not there. Again pool service is almost non exist ant. Lowes needs to do like cruise ships and have someone walk around periodically asking if anyone wants a drink/food. Seems like this has to cost the hotel loss in revenue. I saw some pretty rude customers at Loews being extremely rude to the staff-some of them should get some type of combat pay. Other than the soak bed experience and poolside service lacking-no complaints. I absolutely love Loews and am very thankful every time I stay and always sad to leave

Room Tip: Rooms are small but nice, pretty and clean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear traveler1955_10,

You are welcome to stay longer, as you mentioned you are always sad having to leave. We don't mind, our hotel is your hotel, we are just glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself this and every time you join us. Hearing your experience helps us to know that we are doing something right, and that is providing our guests with great service and luxury amenities. You even noticed the new pool chairs we just got in! They are fantastic aren't they? It is the little things that can make a vacation that much better, so we are happy that you found the new chairs to be comfortable and an added value to your pool experience.

Unfortunately you did not enjoy the SOAK daybed you purchased, and for that we are disappointed. Part of the SOAK experience is in the personal service and pampering that is provided to all of the guests who are using those beds and cabanas. For whatever reason you did not receive this level of attention we are extremely sorry. We would love to offer you a chance to re-try this experience again and reduce your cost if you are interested. Please don't hesitate to reach out to my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com, so she can personally set you up and take care of you on your next stay. Your loyalty means the world to us, so we would like to ensure you enjoy your experience each time you come. As for the pool service lacking, there is no excuse for this as we have a team of servers dedicated to walking around and asking guests how they can be of assistance to them. We will be sure to address this concern with the Recreation team to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your comments and feedback, and again we hope that we will see you soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel and gorgeous pool area. The staff in the pool area were very helpful and accomodating. The beach access is just across the beach bike/walk path which takes you all the way up and down the beach. However, beware the Wifi Internet charge- ~ $15 per 24 hour period...little pricey for the already high priced rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear ESmith2012,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with us during your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us understand our guests needs, concerns and ways we can better serve them each and every time they come to join us.

You mentioned the Wi-Fi cost being expensive. At Loews we pride ourselves in giving guests options, this is why we do not charge a resort fee like that of many other hotels in and around South Beach. We believe that guests who don't want to use the internet, gym, spa or other amenities, should not be charged for it, and the same goes for those who would like to use it. Either way, it is an option that way our guests don't feel that they have all these added and unnecessary fees rolled into their rate.

Overall it sounds like you enjoyed yourself, and we hope that we will have the honor of welcoming you back again sometime soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We started our spring break trip at The Pelican and moved to Loews after 3 days. We had wanted to stay at Loews the whole time, but there wasn't availability. The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained and frankly one of the more beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff was quite possibly the friendliest staff at any South Beach hotel. Our room was a luxury room with a partial ocean view. The view was magnificent and the room was large and comfortable. We enjoyed our time in the pool bar and around the pool.

We were disappointed that the hotel did not offer complimentary beach chairs for their guests. We paid quite a bit for our room and were a bit frustrated that we would have to pay an additionaly $15 for beach chairs. This wouldn't have been as bothersome if there was plenty of room around the pool. Unfortunately, if you are not at the pool early in the morning, you won't get a pool chair. They fill up fast.

This is a family oriented hotel. They had many activities and amenities for kids. My boyfriend prefers adult oriented hotels and wished we would have known that this hotel was geared toward kids.

We would stay at Loews again. If we ever have kids, I would think Loews would be our go to spot.

I spent Easter at the spa. I enjoyed my treatment, although it was extremely overpriced. But I was disappointed in the spa facilities. I have gone to spas in nice hotels before that have steam rooms, saunas, amazing shower rooms, and other amenities where you can pamper yourself. The Elemis spa has some things. They advertise a steam room, but it was out of order when I was there. The showers were nothing to write home about. There was a hot tub that was nice. When I arrived, I was told that the private sun deck was closed that day, but later they did open it up for me. No one was out there and the maintenance man who let me in could not figure out how to open the umbrellas. All in all, I had an ok experience, but I don't think it was worth the nearly $400 I spent on services.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephanie J,

Thank you for joining us during your recent trip to South Beach. We are happy that you had a chance to enjoy our hotel as you mentioned you had always originally wanted to stay with us but our high occupancy did not allow it in the beginning of your trip. Your comments about our grounds are appreciated, as we believe our hotel is one of the finest gems on South Beach. Luxury amenities, close proximity to all things, and staff that are highly-trained and dedicated to providing personalized service, is what sets Loews apart from the rest.

About your experience with the beach chairs, we apologize that this put you off a bit, but would like to explain the reason for the charge. While the company that supplies the beach chairs and umbrellas is affiliated with Loews, they are their own entity and manage the entire beach area, so they do offer a discounted rate to our guests, but unfortunately cannot provide these items to us complimentary. This is not uncommon in South Beach, but for someone who doesn't frequent Miami often, we can see where this could come as a surprise.

All in all it seems like you had a good stay, and so we hope that we will be seeing you at our hotel again soon. Thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate the feedback.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just returned from Spring Break where we stayed at Loews Miami Beach. It was myself, my husband and our 2 kids ages 2 and 5. The hotel is not cheap - we paid close to $400 per night after taxes and fees but we did feel as though we got a decent value for our money. The location can't be beat and because Loews is a big, newish hotel, the rooms are quiet as South Beach is not. This way we could sleep and spend each day on the beach or at the pool and evenings on Lincoln Road which is so fun. Room was quite nice, could have been a little larger but still nice. We had a balcony which was good, too.

Pros--
--Location, location, location!
--Quiet at night - essential for us
--Very clean and accommodating
--Very nice pool area with activities for kids
--On the beach which we love

Cons--
--Expensive, hit Walgreens on the corner for normal priced drinks and snacks to keep in room
--Valet parking - the only option is $40 a day (!!) + taxes and tips. Park directly across the street in the Miami Beach Parking Garage for $16 a day. No surprise that this is where the Loews Valets park your car for 3x the price!
--Pool can be very crowded and it is hard to get chairs
--Overpriced food in the hotel. Even the Starbucks has a ridiculous sign that states "for your convenience a 20% service charge will be placed on your bill" I mean, seriously!

Still, all said, if you want to be on South Beach, and want to be able to walk to the sand or to Lincoln Road, this hotel is a best bet. We would stay again. The hattrick is not spending a silly fortune on room service, pool, snacks or the valet parking.

Room Tip: City view rooms are nice, have good sunsets. Park across the street for $16 a day instead of $40 fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thegoodegg
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback and understand that everyones price points are different. We do our best to stay competitive with other hotels of our caliber, and hope you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is my preferred vacation spot on South Beach. The hotel is beautiful and right on the beach with a beautiful pool and all the amenities one would want. It's also steps from Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive with great dining, restaurants, shopping and nightlife. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I prefer the beach view but the city view room gives a great view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MinervaD64
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear MinervaD64,

Thank you for reviewing the Loews Miami Beach hotel and sharing your feedback with us.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel is your preferred destination when you come to South Beach. We pride ourselves in offering state-of-the-art amenities and the highest quality of service to our guests. It is our primary goal to engage, delight and truly spoil our guests with everything we have to offer. Your feedback and loyalty is a reminder that we are doing something right, so thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon