“Nice Hotel, Needs Additional Security”

Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Loews Miami Beach. Very nice-looking property and rooms, great location near South Beach.

The property could use additional security, however. For a hotel in a city environment (with a visible homeless/transient population nearby), I found the overnight staffing to be very thin.

The hotel consists of two towers. The main tower has 24-hour staffing by the elevators. However, the smaller tower (the St. Moritz tower) had a lobby with multiple entrances (including directly from the street) which did not seem to be staffed whenever I walked by. Likewise, there was no key card security or any other security feature on the elevators.

When I left the hotel at 5:30am, there was no bellhop at the main lobby entrance to manage the taxi line, and two of the taxi drivers waiting in the hotel's driveway got into a fistfight over which taxi was at the front of the line. No hotel staff came to intervene or help with the situation despite that it was happening in the hotel's driveway.

Nice hotel - but they need to increase security/staffing given the city environment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 77Man
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear 77Man,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid and valuable feedback. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and security of our guests. We take great pride in the efforts of our Secuirty team and also successfully partner with local law enforcement agencies to achieve this goal. I have shared your comments with our Security Director and have discussed your experience with our team. I regreted to learn that your experience was less than perfect and we did not consistently provide exceptional service levels for your stay. Rest assured that we continue to strive to improve and be more reliable and consistent with our service delivery to prevent future such guest feedback

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Lowes Miami Beach is situated in the best possible spot-a few steps south and your on famous Ocean Drive-a few steps north, and your on Lincoln Road, which has great restaurants and high end boutiques. The hotel is great for families looking for a safe fun environment, for couples looking to share quality time or even for singles just looking to relax and be pampered. Whatever the situation the staff will be there to cater to your every need. Service is outstanding-something I require on all my vacations. From the time you arrive until the time you leave, a very pleasant staff of people are there to assist and comfort you. The entire hotel just recently went through an entire makeover and it seems like brand new. The rooms are spacious and I recommend the ocean front grand one bedroom with a king bed. The views from the balcony are spectacular. The hotel just recently built cabanas around the pool called SOAK. If you can spare the money, get one for the day or your entire stay-they are awesome and you will be treated like royalty. I just recently went with my family and will be going back next month. Each time I go the experience gets better and better. If you go several times a year, they give you VIP status and you get your very own coordinator that will respond to your every need. Whether your just on vacation or having a wedding the Loews is the place to be. ENJOY

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Pdcommander,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about our hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our prime location and our world class service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the perfect location and a great beach. Service is good and price is very fair for South Beach. The pool does get very crowded and the drinks are not as strong as they need to be for the price. They do come around with fun snacks and hotel staff is very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bcoss24

Dear bcoss24,

Thank you for the fair and honest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed with Loews from the moment I pulled up. I was greeted kindly and efficiently in front and allowed to check in an hour early by a very kind front desk person. I had read about all the added charges but I was admittedly shocked to find a $25 charge would be added just to use a refrigerator. The luggage guy politely recommended filling the sink with ice if I wanted to chill anything. I had long looked forward to perhaps indulging in room service but it was about $11.00 just to have a small orange juice delivered so I bought out. The hotel breakfast offered with taxes and tip was right around $40 I believe per person which was a bit much for me. The room was spotless and the view of the city wonderful. The pool was truly impressive with a very helpful staff and is deeper than a usual hotel pool which was a joy being tall. The hotel food was a bit expensive for me although the food quality I did enjoy at poolside and see served elsewhere was quite superb. There was a nice restaurant very close to the hotel with $3 dollar Budweiser's and very reasonable food. Checkout was polite and beyond expectations. First I was kindly allowed to stay late. Secondly I could not get my boarding pass printed. Igor at the Concierge desk patiently worked it out for me when the airline did not show I had a ticket! I was panicked but Igor took all the time necessary and after a time on hold got me my boarding pass then stunned me by refusing a ten dollar tip. He said he was happy to help and glad to see me not worry. That's why I'm giving 5 stars, this hotel charges a lot but it also delivers excellent quality. If you can afford it and want a great place with excellent food, service, and a spectacular pool, this is your spot! Thanks Loews!

• Stayed: February 2013
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for the warm feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us, and hope that we will be seeing you again soon. Warm regards!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have now stayed at this Loews hotel in South beach several times. It is by far my absolute FAVORITE!!! I have stayed at many hotels in the South Beach area and this one is my favorite. It is absolutely gorgeous, has very good rates and is just steps from the beach (literally)!

The pool area is amazing and the food at the restaurant is to die for. Seriously! :)

The staff is soooo accommodating and definately helped us out when we arrived in November and didn't like the original room that we were given. They then went out of their way to upgrade us (for free) to an Ocean View room that we just loved. Not to mention, they sent up a really nice plate of cheese and crackers for our inconvenience!

The spa at Loews was fantastic too!! The cost was only $10 for guests!!! You could soak in the hot bath, steam in one of the steam rooms and there was also a very tranquil low-lit room that you could de-compress in that had tranquil music playing and provided free water (with limes and lemons), bananas and crunchy apples and biscotti biscuits. We ended up going to the spa every day and I am still dreaming about it!

A MUST STAY HOTEL FOR SURE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has an ocean view and no other hotels located right outside of your window! :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tracidhb

Dear tracidhb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your glowing comments from your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful for your high praise of exceptional service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is perfect. We attended the Food Network annual festival just feet away. Lots of kids at Loews compared to others I've stayed at nearby. Emeril visited his resteraunt there! Star studded hotel and event. Rooms were large with nice views. Package upgrade was promsied but sold out and unavailable. Pool service wqas excellent.

Room Tip: if its sold out you will not get the romised upgrade. go for the ocean view even if it is smaller th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Judi D,

Thank you for your feedback. The South Beach Wine and Food Festival is one of the most fun times of the year. We're glad you had the opportunity to join us for this special event. We appreciate you comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This timewe stay at Loews.Wonderful place to be in south beach.Staying there we don't need a car.We can do everything by walking.
Beautiful hotel amazing rooms and very good spa with a complete gym room.
Breakfast buffet very complete but a little expensive.
Staff very helpful .
Beds very confortable .
Beautiful view at our 18 floor room.
Pool is not warm a little cold but we are in Miami ...always sunny and hot.

Room Tip: Ocean view at a top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CAIOMEN,

We apprecaite your comments and will share them with the team. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.