“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Helsinki
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here 4 years ago by myself. Wanted to enjoy a good hotel and have a little princess moments just to relax and enjoy the sun, sea and service and must say, this was an excellent choice. From the moment I checked in I felt like they really like to serve their customers - however, it felt time to time that the staff expected to get tipped from every single thing they do.

At first I got the room from the shady side of the hotel, but it was fixed immediately when I explained that I specifically wanted to enjoy the sun and the sea view. The second room fulfilled all my expectations. There was one surprising con; I was able to hear all the noices from the other rooms in the bathroom, and it really felt weird to hear someone using the toilet on the next floor.. not very high standard, but anyway, just a minor thing for me. Another thing bothering me a bit was the balcony furniture, not that nice to sit, would have liked more if they had been for example adjustable chairs so that you can lay down, sunbathe and read a book if you like, instead of just sitting up. But hey, enjoyed it anyway, since the view from the balcony was breathtaking! The sea and the sunsets... wow! Lovely!
I loved the breakfast service. I always used the same table outside where I had the seaview and the servants new right away what I wanted after the first morning, which was great. I love the fact that they make an effort to remember you by name. It is rather large hotel so it's great that they still can do it.
The pool wasn't that amazing, comparing to wonderful pool areas I'm used to when travelling in Thailand and in Caribbean, however, the cleanliness, service and the athmosphere by the pool was really nice.
One night I wasn't feeling too good for some reason, and happened to mention this to some of the staff member when I asked some advice regarding the movie channels (I mentioned that I'm going to spend my evening in my room by watching movies and enjoying hot tea, getting better etc) and after going back to my room and getting settled someone knocked to my door; it was room service that brought me a bowl of hot chicken soup and tea since they heard that I wasn't feeling too well - what an amazing and lovely thing to do! No charge for it of course, it was complements from the house - they really seem to make an effort to show that they care.
Only problem I had with the hotel was when I was leaving, I live in Finland, which is cold at this time of the year and I love the ocean, so I wanted to go for a walk to the beach for 15 minutes before my ride to the airport. I had already checked out so they gave me a keycard to use to exit the gate to the beach, it didn't work. So asked for another one; didn't work either and my 15 min was gone. I was so so so disappointed. This was really important thing for me. It's my way to gather my thoughts and memorise everything and get the strength for the becoming winter (in Finland) - always to go for a walk on the beach before I leave and so I was really sad not to be able to do it.
However, as I said, I really enjoyed my stay there and if I ever go back to this particular location, this will be my choice for a hotel and I've recommended the place to so many friends already. It is quite pricey, however, for the good service and luxory, you have to pay anywhere.
Thank you all for making my stay so memorable and absolutely enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask a room from the sunny side, and not the lower floors, otherwise you may end up watching a roof...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We loved reading your post about your recent stay. We will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team as guests experience like this is what we strive for. We are glad to have been able to turn your image of our hotel around during your stay and were a part of making your vacation so memorable and enjoyable. We can’t wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, VA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for a work conference and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and you are steps to wonderful wide beach in Miami. I didn't eat or drink at the hotel outside of coffee (wow - $$$!). There is a great cafe right in front of the hotel called Aroma that had great sandwiches and coffee and a nice place to people watch on the street. The pool was gorgeous and was well controlled by staff who were checking room keys for access. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was beautiful and really spacious. I would highly recommend a room on a high floor so you can enjoy the gorgeous view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Varberg
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As I told a friend - Even tough it is a very big hotel it has a character that also fit the family.

We are in a USA were everybody is a bit over polite - Here they were it in the perfect way because you really felt that you was one there important guests and not just A guest.

Perfect service in restaurant, bar and pool. The room was as the were expected-Large, clean, comfortable and luxurious, the only thing that I can say anything about there was the boring balcony.

Had to visit the security room twice... and even there they were vera polite and professional.

Locaition, pool area, entrance/yard was super nice - The feeling was a Grand Hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. Our staff is our secret weapon and along with the perfect location and top-notch amenities, we are able to offer guests like you an ideal hotel when visiting South Beach.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel but being charged extra for WiFi,and even use of the gym makes you feel ripped off. Especially since my stay included tropical storm conditions preventing any pool/beach usage. After half an hour struggling to get the lobby free WiFi to work, I walked over to the spa to work off my frustration only to be told they charge extra for the gym! Very unpleasant. Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed October 2012
We are disheartened to hear your feedback and disappointed if we failed to meet or exceed your expectations during your recent stay. We are actually developing a plan to enhance our guests experience in case of a tropical storm or hurricane in the future. Please note our prices are quite competitive and similar to other hotels in the area. However, we hope you will allow us another opportunity to change your image of our hotel as offering the best service possible is our number one goal.
Rye, NY
Reviewed October 23, 2012

2nd time here and loved it again. Great service, friendly staff, awesome pool, especially for families. My 7 year old found some other kids her age to play with giving daddy a break. The rooms could have been a little bigger but were very comfortable and we did not spend much time in there anyway. Only ate at the pool, but the prices were reasonable and huge portions. Be careful when ordering drinks. If you order specialty drink you could get whacked. My wife ordered a sangria, probably 16oz with ice and it was 18 bucks, a little ridiculous for house wine mixed with juice and ice. Everything in walking distance. Spent about 2 hours in the spa one day, a bargain compared to other high end hotels at 10 bucks and it was very nice. We almost stayed at the Ritz for the same price, but decided to play it safe and stay at the loews which we knew. I walked over to the Ritz, it was also very nice, but the pool is nicer at the Loews. Anyway, we will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CptElbow
Thank you for sharing details about your recent stay. We are thrilled you and your family had a great time and that you enjoyed the hotel and some of our amenities. Being one of the only true-family friendly hotels in the destination, we go the extra mile to ensure all guests, even the little ones, have a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third time around soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned and already planning another visit. Great atmosphere and excellent service. If you enjoy the beach, shopping, dining and drinks the location can't be beat, close to Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road. Hotel staff attentive and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynn s
We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and are already planning for your next one. Congratulations from all your friends at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel on your 20th Anniversary!
Ockendon
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a great stay at Loews on a business trip to a conference. Rooms were a good size with all the usual mod cons. Great location central in south beach. The food and drink although a little expensive was to a good standard.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business