“Beautiful view, sexy scene, typical Miami prices”
Review of Juvia

Juvia
Reserve with OpenTable
Juvia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln Road & Lenox
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been to Juvia several times, most recently this weekend. This was the first time we had dinner. We didn't make a reservation, and came at peak dinner time- around 9:30pm. So, we expected to wait, and we did, for about an hour and a half. We were fine with this as we knew from prior experience that the drinks and people watching would keep us happy. The drinks are outstanding- try the Juvia Lemonade,
Pineapple Martini, or Fresh Ginger Ale.
When we were seated, we ordered the large stone crab app. It was delicious, but for the amount of crab, I thought $40 was steep. My boyfriend ordered scallops, from their regular menu. They were huge, and cooked to perfection. I had the grouper, which was a special. Besides a small red smear of pepper sauce on the plate, the dish was pretty bland. The fish really had no flavor, and was disappointing.
I will continue to come for drinks and the scene. I would possibly have a appetizer in the future, but I think dinner is not worth the price. Maybe I'll try next year for Miami Spice :D

1  Thank sobevip
Write a ReviewReviews (2,689)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We’ve been to Juvia few times since its opening and , every time has been worst until the last one yesterday.
It has become outrageously expensive for the quality of food they serve , drinks cost double than any other restaurant in Miami Beach and THE SERVICE REALLY SUCKS!
The waiter did not understand the orders few times (at least he was apologetic ) , long wait for every dish , but the worst was the manager : rude , arrogant , insulting my guests.
When we asked for the dessert menu , the apologetic waiter told us that the manager “needed the table” to accommodate the next shift , I expressed my disappointment and obviously refused to leave the table before completing my meal . They should have informed me , before to accept my reservation that my timeframe for dinner was max 2h ( for over $150pp in 4 , 2 appetizers and 4 entrees ). The manager came to us with a despicable attitude , telling the waiter to stop bringing us food or any beverage and to bring us the check , asking us to leave immediately in a very rude way.
I had to call the police . They told us he has the right to refuse to serve anyone and we left , not before to collect the sympathies of other patrons.
Is a real pity that this place is disgraced by the staff........but who hires them?

2  Thank okeanis57
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to go, especially for tourist. Go as the sun begins to set and enjoy the spectacular views of South Beach. Sit outside if its cool enough. The inside is nice, but a little loud. The food is very good, and the service is great. Hang out at the bar and enjoy some nice drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I love Juvia. I love EVERYTHING about it. We start with cocktails (I could easily become addicted to the Fresh Ginger Ale!). Then we just go crazy with the appetizers. I often find that the appetizers usually outshine the entrees. I can't vouch for that here as we NEVER get past the appetizers! They are all amazingly good. My favorites are the ceviche, and the hamachi. We save the foie gras terrine for last and it's the perfect ending to our appetizer binge. A couple of glasses of wine with the appetizers and then a desert (you can't go wrong with the chocolate peanut butter bar) with some espressos and we leave super happy. We've always been lucky enough to get great service, have beautiful weather and soak up the spectacular view and people watching. Highly Highly Recommend!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Sure, the prices are a little high but just eat less...this place is absolutely amazing. You get fantastic views of Miami, the outdoor seating area is beautiful and comfortable. The kitchen is open concept, something worth seeing. We had great service, very attentive.
The drinks are creative and delicious. If you cannot afford dinner, at least go for a drink :-)