“A hidden gem”

Chalan on the Beach
Ranked #52 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Keep in mind that to me, when it comes to the restaurant, food comes first and decor comes second. From the outside, it looks like a regular diner. However, the food there is so tasty and has a lot of variety. Try their papaya milk. It is delicious. The price is very reasonable. Their portion is kind of large, so make sure you bring couple of friends to share.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
“Best Value in South Beach”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here based upon TA and Yelp reviews and we were not disappointed. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 was that the decore is slightly dinerish, but the food and service were fantastic. We had the freshest Ceviche and the fish we both had for ths main course was great. I had the Pescado tropical which came with Yuca and Peruvian crunchy corn and it was great. My wife had the whole fried fish which was also excellent. All of this and drinks for less than $70. Don't waste your money on Lincoln Rd or on Collons Ave. or Ocean Dr. Head to this little gem on Washington Ave. for agreat meal.

• Visited April 2013
s.forida
“really tasty food and great service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were visiting some friends in Miami Beach And decided to try a reataurant not in the s.beach hub bub. The idea a trying a new type of ethnic food also motivated us to try Chalan. We were very happy with our meal. The food was delicious and fresh. The wait staff made suggestions for us to try some new flavors and combinations. We tried the baked corn, they were very addicting. Kind of like popcorn just right befoe it pops. I ate so many I almost couldn't eat my meal. My husband had the cerviche and said it was outstanding. It was served with sweet potaotos and white beans that were very good. Our companions said that they appreciated the amphoshere as they had experienced several Miami Beach restaurants that were very loud. The did have music playing but wan't oevrwhelming. The only down side is I think the reaturant should be update. The place looked a little grundgy but not terrible... I would definitely recommend the place for anyone .

• Visited April 2013
Philly
“What a Surprise”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were looking for something ethnic and different from food we usually go out for at home. Great food here and such nice people. Their ceviche is awesome! And so is the very hot green sauce!

Visited March 2013
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Good food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to wait out the rain (based on Tripadvisor ratings). My husband had yucca in a cheese sauce - excellent. I had cerviche my first time so i cannot compare to others but I loved it - shrimp octupus and squid. I asked for mild and the level of spiceness was perfect. It came with sweet potatoes and pervuian corn and nuts which were a great compliment to the cerviche. Served on fresh lettuce. Service was fast and very cordial. My only complaint was that automatically added 18% tip even though there was just 2 of us. Do not know if that is typical Miami Beach or just this particular restaurant; in my experience the auto tip is only for large parties.