“You must try this place!”

Chalan on the Beach
Ranked #54 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Peruvian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“You must try this place!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My mom and I came here based on Yelp reviews. The restaurant was crowded, which was a good sign. The staff was very nice and the Sangria was good! Get a small pitcher for 2 people, it will easily be 2+ glasses each. We ordered the Lomo Saltado and Arroz Con Mariscos. Both were excellent! We loved this place so much and almost came back the next night. We ended up at a different restaurant and regretted our choice.

You should definitely go here for dinner!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank pristine3
elchalan, Owner at Chalan on the Beach, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank You for your comments regarding your visit with us! Happy to hear that you tried our Lomo Saltado and our Arroz con Mariscos, those are some of our more popular dishes and we are very proud of how we prepare them. Thanks again for the kind remarks! We appreciate it.

• Polish first
Memphis, Tennessee
“The best Peruvian restaurant I have been to...”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After my experience with Peruvian food in Buenos Aires, I always felt Peruvian food is over hyped till I went to Chalan and got a taste of the amazing Ceviches they serve. The taku taku (some rice and lentils baked) with fish was delicious too. I was with my colleagues and they had a great time too.... I happened to go back to Miami after a few weeks and went back to Chalan and tried the lomo saltado and it was as usual mouth watering! Even the dessert was good. If you like good food, you need to visit this place!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Pinkrose_79
Portland, OR
“Delicious and good prices”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I got the daily special, a huge beautiful piece of perfectly cooked fish with salad and rice. Also came with a chicken soup that was so fresh and interesting. Food was wonderful, service great, and it is in a great location, one block from beach. I will definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank marcia_marcia
Stamford, CT
“This is the real Peruvian deal!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I see why this is in the top 10. Huge Peruvian dishes, and reasonable prices. One dish we had was a type of seafood paella - mussels, shrimp, calamari, octopuses. Hugh plates that two could split. You should. go for the seafood dishes. Now we are trying flan, and some local Peru dessert with melted marshmallow toppings. Ooh la la.

London, United Kingdom
“Bargain lunch - top value and delicious”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a clean, light and spacious Peruvian diner. Outstanding food and service with large portions. Delicious special - pumpkin soup followed by beef with lentils rice and bread was $7.95. Fish ceviche was $11.95. And it was huge and delicious. There are huge windows so you can watch Miami life go by. Service was super attentive and friendly. Will definitely come back.