“It was ok”

Odyssey of South Beach Hotel
Ranked #120 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Checked in. I booked and paid online, but I had to sign a bunch of paperwork that took what seemed like forever. You have to pay for parking two blocks away. It was almost $2 per hour and you can only pay in 10 hour increments. So be mindful of the time. The room was clean. On their website, they stated that you can have two twin beds instead of one king. So after booking I called to request that and apparently they had new ownership from the day prior who wouldn't allow that. But I argued that because it was on their website, they should honor it. The website is no longer up and is under construction. There was no space to put any toiletries in the bathroom. But had a nice size closet where the safe was located. There is a weird kitchenette-ish type area with a long counter, two sinks, and a mini-fridge. But be careful as it is elevated and every time I walked up to it, I tripped because that little elevated step (about 3 inches) got me every time. The adjustments didn't work on the air conditioner so when we got too cold in the middle of the night, I had to stand on the bed in a sleepy daze and balance and stretch high enough to unplug it. It was the cheapest place on South Beach. So, I guess you get what you pay for. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Be careful of the weird step on your way to the kitchenette type counter. Make sure the air conditi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brandy D

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Location is super convenient but price I paid did not match what I got. Floors were still dirty, the shower took forever to get hot, as well as no pressure. Size of tv was small for a suite room and the channel button on the remote for one of the tvs was not working.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Whole Staff at Delores Hotel & Suites are friendly, honest, attentive, and prompt. At my day job, I deal with the public 5 days a week and I know how challenging it can be to deal with the citizens of this world. The Delores Hotel from my experience, (2nd) year in the row, deals with that challenge very well.

My room was clean, when I invited female friends over they felt comfortable. Clean linen, quality bath products, hot shower water, cold adjustable A/C, No nasty situations. No health hazards, No bugs, No unsanitary issues, and No low-hygiene concerns.

Karina, is a Great Front Desk person (2nd year in row) - "She keeps her word." She is the reason I will continue to book at the Delores for future South Beach Stays.

I was treated like a King and a celebrity.

Fred B. (Dance SouL-Jah)

Room Tip: They seem to be all good - I hear renovations are forthwith - and the rooms will be even better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frederick B B
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was a hole in the wall! After checking in the sheets were dirty and so were the towels. I complained numerous times and was told my room would be changed it was never changed, no hot water the first night or even a faucet on the tub for that matter! The service was passed mediocre at best with the staff not speaking English! The pictures are very touch up! People sleeping in hallways outside of the rooms (majority safety concern) this hotel is worth $49 a night at it best! Did I mention the system is not even conputerized they check you in manually with pieces of paper?!? I forgot to mention no clean linen and even after I complained about the linen they left the same stuff on the bed!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Tia13
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Chose The Delores based on location and price, and did not have high expectations. The room was in good shape and well serviced, staff all friendly.

As noted by others the ‘continental’ breakfast is barely that. Internet was down for the entire 3 day stay.

The staff shared that there is new ownership of this property and they will be making improvements.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank tryingfor100
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We made our reservation 3 weeks prior to our arrival. Upon arrival I needed a restroom and walked through the front door and down the hall assuming I'd find a public restroom. The only restroom was being worked on by a plumber. So, I saw a door ajar that housekeeping was in the process of cleaning. I went in and used the bathroom . I was shcoked by the size and condition of the room! Very Small and poor quality. I then went down the hall and checked out another room being serviced by housekeeping and discovered the same. I then went back to the front desk and my husband informed me that we had no reservation. The hotel was SOLD last week (2 weeks ago now) and not all the reservations transferred to the new owners. As a result, the hotel was booked and we were simply told "sorry". However, after seeing the rooms I felt this was a blessing in diguise. Which it was. We ended up booking with Pestana on James Avenue which turned out to be great. But from what I saw and experienced, I don't have any idea why anyone would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Golfer142
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Delores for 4 nights in Feb 2014, We found the hotel to be clean and well maintained, the staff was mainly helpful. They offer free beach towels, and small folding beach chairs (a nice perk).
Dont expect this place to be a resort, its a no frills spot. We chose the Delores because the nightly rate was very fair. The room was a bit small, but very comfortable. It had a small kitchen, which came in very handy. Our air conditioner was not working properly, and the staff came down and fixed it immediately.
Would I stay there again, or recommend to a friend? Yes

Room Tip: The first floor was a bit noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple