“Slightly different wonderful cuban food”
Review of Bernies L.A. Cafe - CLOSED

Bernies L.A. Cafe
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Small cafe with the best food + great prices. Attractive & helpful staff - just want you to enjoy and have a good meal. Nothing fancy but attractive & clean inside + a few tables outside - prefer inside - Alton can be busy/noisy. Eat here every time am in South Beach. Afterwards, a short walk to Lincoln Road if you want to check out the 'scene.' Also close to the Lincoln Road Multiplex movie house.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A local resident friend took me to this little bistro and was that a lucky thing. This is great Cuban food and local favorite. Being vegan, I had the tofu and veggie dish, but my friend who is local has been there a dozen times and tried different dishes. He enjoyed them all. The menu is eclectic, but the Cuban inspired dishes are great. Their dishes are cooked with a lighter, healthier flare, but full of flavor. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are HUGE! We got a salad, and one entree dish was enough to share and bring home leftovers. They also served hot grilled bread. The servers are playful and the service very good. I love this place and I'll be back.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Easy to miss, tucked into its spot on Alton Rd just south of Lincoln, this sibling of the popular Books and Books offers superb fare with Latin flare at modest prices. The Cuban options are best, but the menu is eclectic. Great service, take-out, and even free delivery. This is one of the best spots across the entire Sobe district.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great Cuban food! And great staff good wines small menu and wine list but very tasty highly recomend just about anything
I like pork and this is a vegan resturant with lechon Asada!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As another reviewer mentioned....don't come here if you want a romantic or fine dining atmosphere. But, do come if you want great food that is reasonably priced and served by friendly and helpful staff. All four of us enjoyed our orders. My grilled organic tofu wrap was fantastic and came with a fresh & generous green salad. There was not one complaint from anyone at our table about their chosen dishes. We had the spinach empanada Argentina for an appetizer...superb! The meat eaters raved about the churrasco on the Saturday special menu. I would have given 5 stars, but the seating is quite limited & crowded and slightly uncomfortable. But, I would return over and over, if I lived in this area!