“Gluten free and organic Cuban”
Review of Bernies L.A. Cafe - CLOSED

Bernies L.A. Cafe
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great Cuban food! And great staff good wines small menu and wine list but very tasty highly recomend just about anything
I like pork and this is a vegan resturant with lechon Asada!

There are newer reviews for Bernies L.A. Cafe

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As another reviewer mentioned....don't come here if you want a romantic or fine dining atmosphere. But, do come if you want great food that is reasonably priced and served by friendly and helpful staff. All four of us enjoyed our orders. My grilled organic tofu wrap was fantastic and came with a fresh & generous green salad. There was not one complaint from anyone at our table about their chosen dishes. We had the spinach empanada Argentina for an appetizer...superb! The meat eaters raved about the churrasco on the Saturday special menu. I would have given 5 stars, but the seating is quite limited & crowded and slightly uncomfortable. But, I would return over and over, if I lived in this area!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Bernie's LA(is the cute cat with the dark hair Bernie?) is right on. Not a day goes by that I don't see the delivery car at my building, numerous times. I figured it had to be at least okay.
The first time I went was about 3 weeks ago and I was shocked at the huge, super varied, veggie and meat friendly menu. Crazy amount of choices, both main and sides. Unfortunately that particular time I was having a pretty craptastic day. Once my food arrived, I had no appetite. that said, the food itself looked amazing. Great presentation with a very generous portion(was a sort of build my own quinoa salad). My bf had a chicken something that he loved. The server was FANTASTIC and while noticing I was upset without being intrusive, offered to wrap the food immediately and was super accommodating.

I ordered delivery the 2nd time with two friends. The food arrived super timely. My tofu wrap was awesome as was everyone else's food. Third visit was last week with my pup and my friend's baby. Again, Cutehead man was great and the server was beyond accommodating, bringing water for the pup and being great about helping with suggestions and food, etc for the baby.
I'm a Bernie groupie.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you're looking for elegant dining accompanied by an upscale location and bill, this is not the place for you. On the other hand, if you're looking for excellent food, friendly and efficient service, at a very reasonable price, than this is the place for you.
It is a small restaurant that has some outside seating, (but not pleasant sitting on Alton Rd. watching all the traffic go by) so plan on eating inside so you can concentrate on enjoying the food rather than seeing and being annoyed by street traffic.
The food would compare favorably with any local restaurant that serves Latin American food.
As an example, their Pecadillo is as good, if not better than any I've ever had. Wonderfully flavored with both green and black olives as well as fresh tomatos. The beans and sweet plantains it is served with are delicious. With the tasty rice is also served with at a price of $9.95 (a special on Wednesday nights) will leave you more than just satisfied and "full."
Service is outstandingly friendly. Need help understanding the food. Just ask!
Decorating is minimalist with small tables Only seats for about 3 dozen. They do a large takeout and delivery business.

1  Thank Paulr44
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've ordered from here many times for delivery so I was already aware of how good the food is. But had not actually dined there before and it was delightful. Service is friendly, food is yummy, they serve wine and beer, it was not overpriced and is the perfect spot after a movie or for a casual, no-frills dinner. Grilled fish enchilada wrap, delicious avocado salsa- both fresh and highly recommended. A rare find these days here on South Beach!