“My Worst Meal In Miami”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Bolognese On Lincoln - CLOSED

Il Bolognese On Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Euclid and Pennsylvania
Description: X
London, United Kingdom
“My Worst Meal In Miami”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Its in a nice spot on Lincoln where you can sit outside. They have special offers to woo you inside. BEWARE! The food is just simply not up to standard. It was bland and the pasta overcooked. I was majorly disappointed, as when it came it actually didn't look that bad, but unfortunately it failed the taste test. I took a few mouthfuls and decided to just cut my losses. The staff did not seem too bothered and no one asked me why I would leave my food virtually untouched. I guess once they had lured me into their special offer their job was done. I could not even get someone to come over once the food was ordered. I ended up going inside to pay and left after that. This place is the PITS.

• Visited September 2012

west virginia
“Fantastic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner and it was the best meal we had in Miami. We had been looking at various menus on Lincoln Road and the hostess here gave us a coupon for 20% off. We returned the next night and were so glad we did. We sat outside and had a great, attentive waitress. I had spaghetti pomodoro and it was fantastic. My husband had their special....a whole lobster with shrimp, mussels and risotto. It was the prettiest dish I've ever seen. He said it was the best meal he's ever had. It was $49 but well worth it. We each had a mini dessert. I had the dark chocolate mousse and he had the cheesecake. They were only $2 each. Just the right size after such a big meal. Our total with one glass of wine and a tea was about $110. With the coupon it was about $87. Fabulous place. Don't hesitate going here.

IlBologneseMiami, Owner at Il Bolognese On Lincoln, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great Food-Good Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had the daily special which was filet mignon and a lobster tail. It was very good-we ate every bite. Price was reasonable, of course drinks were expensive. Good service, sat outside under the canopy. Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
Key West, Florida
“Very good...but watch out...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I would have given this restaurant a 5 for their food alone. We had a surf & turf special that was fabulous. They tout cocktails, by one-get-one. Which is true, but they are so overpriced to begin with it isn't that great of a deal and they will not allow you to order 1 drink and get 1 drink for your companion. We both had to buy one and get one. Low and behold it didn't cover the wine...so we ended up spending much more on drinks and drinking more than we wanted. The second thing is the waiter indicated that the surf and turf was smaller portions and perhaps we should order an appetizer. You know, I just want to enjoy the meal and not feel like I have to ask in detail the price of everything. I was going to order a cheese plate for 16, he indicated that they had an antipasta that was marvelous and just enough for 2. A great appetizer. Did I ask how much? No. Shame on me, but I should have. The appetizer was $30.00. So the deal of the surf and turf is great if you don't need to be educated. We have good income, I don't consider myself cheap or a spendthrift, but also, I don't like to waste it and it would have been nice if he had pointed it out on the menu and then we could have made an "educated" decision, However, he had already picked them up. I think it is poor taste in a nice restaurant to question the price of everything, it is also poor taste to knowingly take advantage of your guests. So, the food is excellent, the drinks are overpriced, but most things are on this strip South Beach. I have only had one other experience where I felt taken advantage of in this fashion and that was in Greece in the same setting and the waiters could have been interchangeable. European, charming and cunning. I have learned in Europe to not assume anything, I guess I have to learn it here in the states too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TemptingTravel
“Nice lunch on Lincoln Road!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good, better than your average Lincoln Road Italian Restaurant. Their lunch specials are priced well! The pizza looked amazing and piping hot. The chicken pram was also very good.

IlBologneseMiami, Owner at Il Bolognese On Lincoln, responded to this review, February 11, 2013