“Disappointed as we were put up in their apartments- not the vibe and location we paid for.”

Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were quite disappointed with our MBIH experience: We booked a month in advance and arrived to check in for our night in the famous party hostel and we were put up, not in the vibey hostel which we paid for and were expecting, but in their temporary apartment accommodation as a result of a water leakage in the hostel. We understand that this was out of their control, but were not offered a lower rate or any compensation for staying somewhere which was much further away and had no hostel vibe

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula P

Reviewed September 14, 2013

It's great value for money if considering a cheap stay in Miami. The meals included are pretty decent, most of the staff are very friendly and willing to assist (others look like they're just there for the money). Charlie the receptionist is very helpful- great guy. The rooms are cleaned though out the day and the hostel is central to all the parties. My only critique is it's limited to mainly party goers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nice clean place, a lot of young people and close to the beach. Because of the location, it is very cheap and you get 3 free meals every day. They have scheduled trips, so you don't need a car or public transport, if you want to explore Miami/Florida. In the evenings, there are opportunities to drink and go to a bar.
Remember to bring a lock if you want to put something away, but it is not a large closet so only for your electronics and others.
The room I was in did not have the best aircondition, certainly not when you considers that there should be 6 people in a dorm.
I would recommend this place for young people who want to party, meet new friends and have a nice time at Miami beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kats86
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A very good place for young people, low prices, clean room and 5 minutes to the beach, I was whit my 20 year old son and we had a nice doubleroom, the food was ok, the diningroom was like a schoolkitchen, but ok for backpackers and young people,

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Anna-Karin S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights after working through the summer, and have beautiful memories. The staff was really nice and helpful, I met a lot of new people who I am still in touch with. It was great to have 3 meals a day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here.

Great location, only a few blocks from the beach. Right in the middle of shops and restaurants and you can rent bikes etc across the road.

Free food three times a day, breakfast is toast and cereal and lunch and dinner are hot dogs, pasta salad or similar.

Good atmosphere. The lobby is also a good place to relax and have a drink and reception sells $3 beers. Party starts in the lobby every night at about nine with a keg or cocktails, then everyone walks together to a bar or night club.

Front desk staff very friendly but not always to helpful. Quite a few people I spoke to had their reservations messed up and we got asked every day why we hadn't checked out, when we still had three days to stay. Another time I asked one if there was any pools nearby and he said no, I later found one only three blocks away.

But since theres free and fast wifi avaliable throughout the whole hostel I guess it's my own fault for not just looking it up myself!

You can book tours from reception which is open 24 hours.

All in all a great stay. Would stay again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had booked 2 beds in a 6-bed dorm at this hostel. On arrival at approximately 1am, we walked in to the reception to be told that they didn't have any beds as a result of them closing two rooms for repairs. We were given our deposit back and directed to another hotel who told us that this is a COMMON PROBLEM with Miami International Hostel as they tend to overbook their rooms.

After coming home from the USA and checking my Internet Banking, I had a notification of an amount of over $100 debited to this hostel. At NO point did I authorise this, plus, we never stayed there! I have also incurred charges for Non-UK comission. I have emailed the hostel and have had no response.

**WARNING TO ALL TRAVELLERS WHO HAVE BOOKED THIS HOSTEL**