“most amazing place on earth!”

Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel
Wilmington, North Carolina
“most amazing place on earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I am not one to go out of my way to write a review, but this place is the BOMB! My 3 girlfriends and I went July16-23rd to celebrate my 21st birthday. I had been there once before and absolutely loved it so i figured i'd go back again. We had the time of our lives. Theres VIP outings every night as well as AWESOME people to hang with. Im from NY and so are my friends, but there were people from all over the world. We made such awesome friends who we will know and remember forever. BIG SHOUTOUT to Jeff and big mama!

Room Tip: book in advice if you want a room with your friends.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlust_Jenn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is an average hostel in terms of security, rooms, and beds. However, this hostel is amazingly fun, provides free food (for example, chicken and rice for lunch), and goes above and beyond to organize nightly outings to the top clubs in Miami. It is also right next to the beach and Ocean Drive. I was there with my girlfriend, and we decided that being from a big city as it is that we were not missing much by not going to a club (like most of the hostel did every night - it's organized). Instead we stayed at the hostel where we met great people who were always up for a late night of drinking and laughter. We had a lot of fun. the hostel staff are extremely helpful and super friendly, even if a little slow to act sometimes. Rooms are air conditioned, though some rooms had problems with their window AC which took a few days to replace - how hard is it to go to home depot and get a $140 window air conditioner, its Miami (this is what I mean by slow to act). Lockers are provided for a fee - I would recommend a nice sized pad lock in addition to the built-in numerical lock. This is a great atmosphere hostel, where you can have a lot of fun. Outside drinks are not an issue. As with every hostel, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I've been for a week, but faced drain floating problem almost everyday!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Not only will I never return to this hostel, I will never return to Miami, what a crap place full of sleazy people and it's expensive.

We hada private 6 bed dorm room, we arrived late at night to find someone living in our room - I mean actually living there. She also cooks the food there which we werent going near. Generally you expect to party in a hostel but not with her in the room we would get abused everytime we turned the light on or opened the door or even talked, the cupboard and bathrooms were full of her stuff and we felt like we were invading her house, I'm pretty sure it's illegal on some levels!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank moocow8989

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We'd booked a private room but ended up 3 blocks from the hostel (Jeff. Ave) at appartement no.1 with free wireless (Miami Net) and a free parking lot. It was a spacious app for 2 (4 doublebeds!), a big flatscreen, kitchen en a small patio/garden. The airco is new / not so much noise. The downside of it: right next to the entrance so when people are smoking and chatting in front of the building, don't hasistate to ask to put the volume down, it will safe your sleep.
The app. and bathroom were reasonably clean, but you will need a can of bug spray, just in case.

The hostel provides three free meals a day (also for the app. guests), lot's of trips/tours and a clubnightprogramm. Large group of hostelguest will join, so if you are in to clubbing... The entrance of the hostel looks like a club as well, and you will be welcomed by music during dinner and early evening. Let's just say, we were happy we'd stayed at the appartments (appr. 12 app. in the block) and could visit the hostel.

The art deco area is very beautiful, beaches are nice and wide and the ocean was clean. The oceandrive is an all hotel/restaurant boulevard.

Room Tip: Top of the building or appartments!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Overall, staying in this hostel was a great experience.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room with a private bathroom for a week in April and I have to admit we were slightly nervous that it would be a loud, party hostel (We were looking to have fun, but mostly for some R&R). However, while this hostel has a vibrant, social, party atmosphere, we had no noise trouble whatsoever in our room.

The facilities were clean (and cleaned every day). I have to say it was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff was friendly and courteous although sometimes the music was too loud in the lobby to actually ask questions or conduct any business.

They do a very good job of exposing you to the Miami nightlife; every night you could meet in the lobby and go as a group (for a discount or VIP access) to a popular club/bar. It's less than 2 blocks from the beach and within walking distance to anything you could want.

They offer free meals 3 times a day, but from what I saw, they did not offer any vegetarian dishes so I did not partake.

Our only grievances, and they are minor, is that it could be less expensive. We paid about $100/night for a private room. And we are still waiting for our $10 deposit for the room key. They are supposed to give it to you when you check out but the person at the counter did not have access to the register when we had to leave.

We would recommend this hostel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fayemurman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

came travelling solo from UK on a short holiday. I've left with about 50 new contact and friends, from all over the world. this is a place to be, hostel mama is cool if you don't upset her ;)
extremely close to the beach, next door is pizza and and a liquor shop...every evening some party and hanging out in the lobby!
what a holiday I had. I will be back there later this year.

• Stayed June 2011