“Stayed here before, went back again wish I hadn't”

Jazz on South Beach Hostel
“Stayed here before, went back again wish I hadn't”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hostel before back in 2011 and it was a smooth and enjoyable experience. I wish I could say the same this year. I bought 11 friends with me after telling them it was good and friendly place to be about. The staff were extremely rude. I arrived late at the hostel one evening after travelling and didn't know which bed I was meant to be in, so I just got in any in the room until I could find out in the morning. At 3.30am a lady walked in with the receptionist from down stairs yelling very loudly at me saying I was in the wrong bed, but instead of being like oh I'm sorry miss you are in the wrong bed, he thought it was appropriate to call me by my second name several times, I do believe I'm not in the army and would have responded if he called me by my first name. He then proceeded to say if you don't get out of bed you're coming to pay the $10 fee again shouting at me like a child when infant I'm 23. I thought this was shocking customer service skills, I was totally appalled by this incident. I will never stay here again and wont recommend this hostel to anyone. If you maybecommunicate with each other before you end your shifts you may understand situations before you come barging in at 3am in the morning. I will stay else where in the near future. Absolutely awful

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hannah F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is just a standard hostel. Crap beds and dirty rooms and the air con is terrible. The staff an absolute disgrace and are miserable, they also shout at you instead of giving you help or advice. On the other hand, the people I met in the jazz we great and because of the people I met, I would be encouraged to return. The only thing letting the hostel down is the staff, we are in an English speaking country and none of them understand English, also they are rude. For e nightlife in Miami it is also a great hostel, as Ernesto sells tickets every night to the nightclubs and bars.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Adam B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Was cheap and in a perfect location close to everything on south beach. Staff weren't overally friendly. Rooms were what I expected at a hostel. I stayed in a dorm With ensuite and it was perfect. I would stay again for sure. Great value for money. Only stayed for the one night though so can't judge on to much. But best first hostel experience

• Stayed September 2012
Santarem, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I felt the place was overcrowded. The room in which I was looked to be smaller than the necessary to host 6 persons. Although that, they offer a breakfast in the morning (only for 1 hour, from 9 to 10 am) with pancakes, the hostel is located in the heart of South Beach, just some steps from the beach, sorrounded by art decó historic buildings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved it, it was really crowded messy place, but you can not get better bohemian feeling anywhere else. Stuff was very helpful, even middle of night, rooms were ok for a hostel. Beach was pretty near, was lovely to walk there.
I really enjoyed my stay, as a broke backpacker. I recomend to everyone who has same situation!

Room Tip: Be polite to the stuff and you will get best room possible;)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Breakfast is not so good, Very clean and cheap hostel. The place is superb, very near from south beaches. The problem is that the close the hostel at 10pm. The lockers are very small. The rooms are large and the beds and linen are OK. I really liked it.

Room Tip: Booking are really necessary on week-ends.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I spent here 2 nights (in May 2010), but decided to write a review 3 years later.. =)) It was an amazing experience for me, my first stay in a hostel! Met wonderful and interesting people, went to Miami clubs.. Hotel was nice, staff was awesome, people around were crazy in a good way)). Hope everything is still the same! Good luck to you guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo