“Simple and good (but expensive)”
Review of Boteco Copacabana

Boteco Copacabana
Reserve with OpenTable
Boteco Copacabana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #541 of 1,160 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Boteco Copacabana is a traditional Brazilian restaurant and tapas bar. It has a colorful indoor caf-style seating arrangement. The wooden benches and long tables add to the feel of Brazilian street culture here. Old South American music plays in the background. Boteco Copacabana offers baby chairs for the little visitors. The restaurant has an outdoor patio in tropical setting. Boteco Copacabana serves food in Brazilian tribal pots. Bolinho de Bacalhau, the cod fish fritters are served with spicy salsa. The hand-cut steaks are served with a variety of sauces. Coxinha is prepared with shredded chicken in the shape of water droplets. Boteco Copacabana bar serves a variety of authentic Brazilian drinks. Caipirinhas, the traditional tea, is served in small cups with tribal paints. The cashew juice is another specialty. The alcohol bar serves local Brazilian beer and craft wine.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a grilled chicken and smashed potatoes with a ceaser salad.
We drink one beer and one juice. We've spent about 70 dolars. The food is good but for the plates we tough expensive.
I liked the food and the service.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Don't be fooled by the wonderful looking menu, with authentic sounding dishes. The food tastes nothing like food from Brazil. And I have been to Brazil many times. But worse, the prices are insane. A complete rip off for tiny portions. $6 for fake pao de qeijo ? (Cheese bread). I never paid more that $1 to $2 at any Brazilian restaurant ever. Awful

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went their with our baby and a couple that has a baby. We sat inside, where we had more space. There is no decoration but with the music you could feel you were in Brazil and the staff is so smily and nice. The food we ordered was delicious. Mine was with shrimp...miami! I ordered a caju juice and it was great, but you have to take the risk to drink something you dont' know. Well I go again to Miami, I have a Brazilian address :)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We we're looking for somewhere to eat on Saturday night and came up Espanola Way from the bottom end, this place is down that end, had one or two free tables and so we decided to give it a go. The girl at the front was too busy talking to her friends, despite us standing at the menu and showing obvious interest. So we went inside, at which point she came alive.
I don't know what they do with their cooking oil but the outside pavement is like an oil slick and stinks of used cooking fat, the roadside gutter is worse - disgusting! So having our feet skate about under the table was off putting, however our kids were hungry and I noticed they had Stella Artois on tap, a favourite of ours...So we decided to stick it out - until problem 2 arrived. The beer I was served was not Stella, it was either a substitute or watered down, it tasted weak and flat. Stella has a unique taste and my wife and son agreed without any prompting from me that this was not Stella. I also noticed a guy send his back to get fizzed up.
Unfortunately, whilst ordering beers we had ordered a starter combo, so opting out and leaving was not so easy. However, after 25 mins waiting for our food I decided we would pay for the food and drink and go anyway, my wife hates me complaining...
Guess what? In a further twist - Our food had not even been ordered.

I very rarely give bad reviews and don't hold a grudge despite being ripped off with dodgy beer, but this place needs a shake up!

1  Thank Gingerballs
Reviewed January 2, 2014

They are not ready if you have kids. They messed up our food twice, and the strogonofe de frango really was not good!