Tripadvisor
Miami Beach
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews orange blossom rooftop pool collins park complimentary breakfast swim week south beach mini bar bass hotel pool boutique hotel sister hotel per day ocean drive yogurt two blocks resort fee miami
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing location! Great service and no complains at all. Pls ask for IZA,DANIELA or MELISSA- they’re super! Pls come check out the hotel. Great drinks and the beach is right away. Speak English and Spanish!

Trip type: Traveled solo
boulansb, Assistant Front Office Manager at South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear marcofY8325RK,

Thank you for staying with us at South Beach Hotel and for sharing your kind comments. I will let Melissa, Iza and
Daniela about the positive impression they left during your stay! We hope to see you again when you visit Miami Beach!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

South Beach Hotel is a 2 story restored “Art Deco retro” boutique hotel that shares a lobby, pool, and garden restaurant with the Bouchon Hotel. I was able to get in on a “flash sale” on their website and felt It was a very good value. Our room was very, very clean and linens and bedding were super comfy. We slept with our window open and it was quiet at night. Extremely comfortable room. It is an old quaint building but I like those kind of places! I was with my 76 year old mother and we walked EVERYWHERE from the hotel......Convention Center, Botanical Gardens, the beach, Lincoln Street, Jackie Gleason Theater, shopping, the boardwalk, Bass Museum, Collins Park, and numerous restaurants. It is a fantastic location......you cross the street and there is the beach and amazing boardwalk! Hotel employees were SUPERB! Mischa and Alena were so helpful and professional. The food at the Orange Blossom and the Garden were delicious!

The ONLY reason I did not give 5 stars is although the rooftop pool and jacuzzi are nice, the jacuzzi wouldn’t turn on and there was no poolside service available to order a drink or something and they don’t supervise it real well to keep an eye on trash that people unfortunately leave laying around or making sure towels are readily available.

Bottom line, I would definitely return to this hotel if I received the same price! We enjoyed our visit!

Date of stay: January 2020
boulansb, Assistant Front Office Manager at South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear flipflop650,

Thank you for staying with us at South Beach Hotel and for sharing your kind comments! I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our clean hotel as well as take advantage of our convenient location, right in the heart of South Beach. It pleases me that you found our staff to be very accommodating. I will let Mischa and
Alena about the positive impression they left during your stay! Our team takes great pride in creating a memorable stay to each of our guests.

We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hello to those reading this post. I never review but thought it would be helpful in this case. My husband and I stayed at the SBH recently. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. I agree with others on this page, the location is convenient and really ideal. The rooftop pool and cabana were great features. We really, really enjoyed being there. Our server Tony was amazing. Friendly, courteous, funny, and personable. I can't say the same for the reception staff. The one receptionist (glasses, grumpy face) was rude from the moment we checked-in and each time we asked a question. I suppose her basic professionalism made up for it but we dreaded having to see and speak to her. If you're staying in the SBH, beware of an extreme old perfume smell that lurkes the hallways. No word of exaggeration- I held my breath every time I walked from our room the the elevator. The smell was cringe worthy. The room itself was nice. We had a one king bdrm located at the end of the hallway in the corner. The location of the room was super ideal and it was once of the quietest I've experienced. We did appreciate the size of the room, the comfy bed and the size of the bathroom. The housekeeping was consistent and of average/good service. Lastly, the hotel restaurant. The menu is minimal and the service is highly underwhelming. Our server was the worst!! I ordered the parmesan pasta. There was hardly any sauce. I simply asked for more sauce. It took the kitchen (and/or server) at least 20 minutes to fulfill such an easy request. Further to that, our server never once asked us what we wanted to drink during the course of our meal. He may have assumed because we used our two "free" drink tickets (which was included in our stay), that we wouldn't continue ordering beverages. That's the only conclusion I came to. The point is, we were never asked and we were limited with only water during our meal. We always include a bottle of wine during our dinners but we couldn't get his attention. Believe me- the restaurant was not fully booked and there were a few servers working that evening shift. He was hostile and mostly distracted with the group of model hungry Instagramers who occupied a table across from us. It was incredibly disappointing. The upside was the awesome dj (props to him, he had some good playlists) and the live performers- a couple girls dancing on mega stilettos and a girl waving fire around. Direct yourself and your money elsewhere, not on this poor service, unwelcoming location.

Dear Travelingcouple2020,

Thank you for choosing South Beach Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Its feedback like yours that helps us improve in providing the best service to all of our guests. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our rooftop pool as well as our quiet room. We will let Tony about the positive impression he left during your stay!
Please know that we have already followed up with our senior management team on these issues, and will ensure that this is properly addressed to make sure the future improvements.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for a more positive experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2020

A group of is - 8 adults - stayed here for a week in October 2019. The best and most memorable part of this hotel was the rooftop pool area! The hotel itself is split into a newer part and an old part and we were in the old part. Security could be better as the gate to enter the forecourt is not locked. Most of the staff were very friendly, Pierre was a bit of a misery. On arrival at the hotel, the reception pushed some forms in front of us to sign, we didn't realise until we were leaving a week later that we actually sign up to pay a 'resort fee' which came to about $200 per room!!! Bearing in mind, this is a stand-alone hotel and not a resort, we felt it was a rip off!

We paid for an included breakfast, which offered very limited options and held in a small cafe linked to the hotel - called Orange Blossom? (I think) - around the corner where we found the manager very racist but all other staff very friendly. We reported him to South Beach management and they said this was not the first time they had a complaint about him as they had problems with him being rude to their staff too.

The bedroom was average, a bit old fashioned but like a lot of hotels, could have done with a bit more lighting.

Back to the rooftop - lovely! Only problem from the old part of the hotel it's a long and windy trek to find it - in and out of lifts, up and down stairs....! There was a staff member up there - again, sorry i can't recall his name - but he was very smiley, friendly, helpful, polite. If you order a drink it food, the poor guy has to make the long and windy trek to the next door restaurant (Orange Blossom) to get it so it may take a while.

The hotel also has a small gym, which is good enough for a minimal workout.

The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to the beach and a short bus ride to the attractions - including Ocean Drive, which was brilliant with lots of trendy restaurants and bars and good, fun night life.

I doubt if I would stay at this hotel again as the negatives outweigh the positives.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel, more secure and it will be closer to reception, breakfast area and to the rooftop.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

Everything about the hotel is amazing! Especially Melissa and Pierre at the front desk. I love everything about the hotel , the pool was nice everyone was super friendly. I’ll definitely come back next year.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
boulansb, Assistant Front Office Manager at South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Dear shawnlF1856IJ,

Thank you for staying with us at South Beach Hotel and for sharing your kind comments. I will let Melissa and
Pierre about the positive impression they left during your stay. Our team takes great pride in creating a memorable stay to each of our guests.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards