“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Denver, CO
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed 2 nights, loved the location. The walk to the beach was easy and the free umbrellas and chairs were great. It was a short walk to Lincoln Rd for great shopping and restaurants.

The hotel is an attractive old building, the rooms were updated and spacious. We had a corner king room with lots of large windows and light. Our adult kids were in a double that was less spacious. One wall in their room had been freshly painted, discovered when someone touched it, it was just luck that we didn't brush our clothes against it. They said the room also smelled of paint but it didn't bother them enough to move.

There were minor annoyances and oversights. There was no luggage rack in either room. There was nothing for free in the room, not even coffee or tea (no coffee in lobby either). The whole top of the dresser was full of crap for sale at exorbitant prices, as was the refrigerator and the closet. Thee was almost no room to put our own things, it was extremely annoying. We used the wine glasses and coffee cups without purchasing anything and had to hunt down housekeeping to get them replaced the next day, they just left the dirty ones. There were no water glasses or plastic cups of any sort.

We were very confused as to where to park when we got there, we ended up circling the block and paying a meter just to unload our luggage. If you are lucky you can score a spot for unloading right in front of the hotel. The valet is on the backside of the block, not in front of the hotel, and there was no porter or anyone to get your baggage from there to the room.

The free breakfast is at a small restaurant around the corner from the hotel, the choices were few and servings sparse. The pool in the sister property was nice and not too inconvenient. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and will consider it again next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your kind words.

We are delighted that our newly Renovated Spacious Rooms, pool and beach access exceeded your expectations. We also thank you for providing us with constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please feel free to reach out to me personally for your future booking.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Im from North Carolina and decided to come to South Beach, Miami for my Birthday and Im so glad I did. The staff at SBH(South Beach Hotel) were very friendly and helpful at making check In and Checking out a very smooth process. Maryrose and Erica made my stay at South Beach worth every penny. Next time I come to South Beach I will be staying here AGAIN! Thank you Maryrose, Erica, Michelle, Ramon and room service You all are the BEST!. I would recommend everybody to stay here. The rooms were great, the staff at their "sister" hotel which is next door were awesome as well. The clubs, bars,restaurants and Ocean is a block away, or short walking distance!(Great Location).

Very Respectful! A pleased Customer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Geo2015
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I have passed along your compliments to Maryrose, Erica, Michelle & Ramon and they wanted to thank you! I am delighted to hear that our staff and location exceeded your expectations.

Long Island,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Booked at the last minute. Hotel is very chic.. Carpets in gallways a little rum down eith stains. Room was very clean. I did find an old blood stain on inside of comforter, looks like it was washed, nonetheless should be discarded if stain doesn't come out. No pool on premises but you can use pool next door. Beach is 2 blocks away and Lincoln Rd is less than 1/2 a mile walk. Great location!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I am glad that our location was a key element to your vacation and even more delighted to hear that the Cleanliness of your Room and Chic Hotel exceeded your expectations.

Best Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is little, it smells bad, the decorations in the hotel are ugly and have a very bad taste. The hotel a also hidden so it was very hard to find. The lady's in the front desk are very unprofessional and rude with no respect. Especially the girl named Michelle. This Hotel did not respect my reservation that I made in Expedia, they stayed with over 300 dollars which I will have to deal with legally to get a refund. Plus what they said about it being right next to the beach is completely a lie it was about 2 blocks from the beach. They didn't even have manager to handle the situation. I called to speak with the manager but there was no manager at 4:00 pm it not like I got there at midnight . Also the girls in the reception were unprofessional, and inexperienced. As I was talking to them they were rolling towels on the desk. Haha how low class they are to be having the receptionist do the laundry. That shows they don't even have a good presentation. Of you want to go to an inexpensive, clean, and really close to the beach GO TO CRYSTAL BEACH SUITES 6985 COLLINS AVENUE MIAMI BEACH FLORIDA. FROM $80 TO $140 YOU GET A ROOM FOR A FAMILY OF FIVE WITH A KITCHENETTE INCLUDED, THIS HOTEL ASLO HAS A GYM AND POOL, ONCE AGAIN REALLY, REALLY CLOSE TO THE BEACH ABOUT 1/2A BLOCK TO IT.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank itze m
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Respectfully,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was so small. The service was nice. The breakfast was good. But parking was a total pain and overnight parking was 28/night. The a/c was fixed at 70 degrees and it was too hot. We had to pay a $20/resort fee...for nothing. There was NO pool. We overheard the clerk telling a guest that she could use the pool next door at their sister property but we were never told about it. It was just disappointing and inconsistent.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
1 Thank PDeCampers
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I am delighted to read that we met your expectations with our Customer Service and Breakfast options on a daily basis. I also wanted to extend my sincere apologies for the inconsistency with the parking service and the miscommunication with our pool access.

Respectfully,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

we were looking for a hotel close to the exhibition centre in Miami and the SBH became available with 2 rooms as we required at so short notice as we were only going to stay for overnight as we were holidaying in orlando.we arrived and on the outside it looked great matching the online photos we entered and on through reception we got one room down and one room upstairs.both rooms were great on the corner of the building the beds were great the rooms were clean what we didn't need was a shop in our room u can have a mini bar but this was over the top. could not even make a cup of anything without having to pay for it.and why would I want to buy ur towels or tee shirts? apart from that would I stay at ur hotel and recommend it yes I would .oh need to sort out odour upstairs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled you had a great stay, enjoyed our Clean Rooms and our Location was exactly what you expected. Our extensive mini bar is not meant to be a retail shop, yet a convenient amenity for our guests to take advantage of if the need presents itself.

We hope you will come back to visit us very soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently traveled to Miami and before leaving I was looking for a hotel close enough to Lincoln Road but not directly on the strip. SBH South Beach Hotel is just off Collins Ave on 21st. The hotel is small but I liked how quiet it was so there wasn't much noise. The staff is super friendly and helped us in every way. Rooms are very clean, there isn't a tub in the room if you wanted to take a bath but otherwise its decent. Beds are very comfy and if you forget anything they have it available in the room like sun tan lotion or even sunglasses. Overall I enjoyed my stay. It felt more personal then other hotels I've stayed in and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I am glad that our Location, Friendly & Personable Staff, Comfy Beds and extensive Mini Bar selections exceeded your expectations. I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We hope to welcome you home again soon!

Best Regards,