“Clean, Polite”

SBH South Beach Hotel
Ranked #129 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed September 9, 2013

All in all a good location of a vintage deco smaller hotel. Nice neighborhood, etc.I had absolutely no problems with this property. The price was a bit steep.
They do not have shuttle service to the best of my knowledge which could have been useful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your kind words.

We are delighted to hear that our Room quality satisfied your needs along with our staff going above and beyond to make your stay a joyful one.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time in South beach, miami! It was a weekend girls trip, full of cocktails, dancing, and lots of laughs. It was a lil ways from the "happening" area of the strip, we walked alot. But it was ok, bcus we didn't mind the walk, if I can walk the strip in Las, Vegas. This was a piece of cake! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your kind words!

Respectfully,
Jimmy Mouwad

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was clean, but there was no furniture except for 2 beds, 1 chair and a shelf with a TV, and most of it was taken by so called BAR: soft drinks and alcohol. So there was no room for your belongings, no drawers, not even a coffee table. A similar situation was in the bathroom: a tiny glass shelf over the sink. They provided towels for one person, and when I requested the second set, they brought three wash clothes in half an hour. I asked if the could call a taxi for us, they stated their hotel takes only incoming calls. There is no restaurant or a cafeteria in the hotel either.This hotel is not a good choice at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. I am pleased to say that we have completed an interior renovation of the hotel since you last stayed with us, and each room is updated. In addition to the renovation, we also offer more amenities such as: breakfast for 2 included in the room rate, 2 free espressos per day, and valet parking available at the entrance of the hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I sleap 6 days last sept 2012 in this hotel I was really surprised about this hotel the bed was amazing big and the room was also big and really clean the staf is really friendly and the breakfast was simple but ok, the wifi was good I never had a problem whit it.
And the location is perfect not middle in southbeach but close by the shops and about 10 min walking from oceandrive I recommend this hotel and I definitely come back!!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your kind words!

We are delighted to hear that our Room quality and amenities satisfied your needs along with our staff going above and beyond to make your stay a joyful one. We now offer breakfast for 2 included in the room rate, valet service at the hotel entrance, and 2 free espressos per day.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

DAY 1: We arrive at the hotel at approx. 9pm. We were told the free wi-fi was temp. down. We get to our room and realize there were only enough towels for one person. We ask the front desk clerk for extra towels and get, "we are out of towels but I'll see what I can do". What hotel run out of towels???
DAY 2: A late night storm comes through. We wake up to dripping water from the window (have pictures to prove it). Luckily it did not ruin my cell phone and watch that were on the night stand. Front desk clerk did move us to another room as promised. So we get moved to another room and the bath tub clogs up while showering. We notify the front desk clerk and she told us, "I will notify maintenance". She also could not tell us what number to call to reach the front desk which we figured out ourselves. Which was "0"
DAY 3: Wake up and turn on the TV. TV shows a message to contact the front desk for a new remote because the battery was low. I call and get this reply, "oh wow I've never had this before. I don't have any extra remotes or batteries. I'm the only one at the front desk and can't leave but if you'll go to the store and buy some, I'll reimburse you". True story!!! So later that evening, we shower again and surprise, the tub is still clogged (have pictures to prove it). Oh and the bathroom window was stuck open!
Last day: During checkout I notified the clerk about the tub still being clogged. We didn't get I'm sorry or any type of apologize. It was, "oh yeah I saw that on the maintenance list".

Room Tip: If you get a hotel here, you will regret it. Spend the extra $$ and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a german. This is a typical wooden wall hotel. We stayed two nights in May 2013 in this hotel. The hotel was clean. The furnishings were not very new. The A/C in the room works not very good. In the floor the A/C was very cool. The bathroom was ok. But the windows are very hard to open. We lived to the courtyard. In our two nights it was not noisy. The room had a door to the next room. We could hear the complete dialog from the neighbors.
I would book this hotel once more. Parking was no problem on the street. You can pay the parkingticket with Credit Card.

Room Tip: Take a room to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

I apologize for the challenges that you faced with the air conditioning while being our guest. I am pleased to say that we have completed the renovation of the hotel since you last stayed with us, and each room is updated.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice hotel where we stayed 5 nights.
Its simple but clean.
We've made reservations for a room with 2 beds, at arrive it turned out that there was only 1 bed, i went back to the reception and explained our point and showed the reservation where it said 2 beds.... she was giving us a bit of a bad look and something like there is no more place but i stayed at the desk and kept asking....she then gave us another room, nice sort of suite with a kitchenette :) Nice clean room, good beds and bathroom, nice tv and the airco worked fine.
The only thing we missed was a little bar for the evenings but you can get some drinks in the supermarked wich is nearby and drink something on the terrace outside.
Breakfast in the morning was also fine!
I would stay here again i i will ever go back to miami (what i wouldnt mined ;p )

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

I apologize for the confusion you had upon check-in. I am pleased to say that we have completed the renovation of the hotel since you last stayed with us, and each room is updated.
In addtion to the renovation, we also offer more amenities such as: breakfast for 2 included in the room rate, 2 free espressos per day, and valet parking available at the entrance of the hotel.
We also have an in-room mini-bar available to guests.