WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #87 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Curitiba, PR
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I will relate a case that happened about a month in south beach hotel - miami.

I made a reservation for 2 nights in South Beach Hotel in Miami, but I received an email informing me of cancellation due to non-acceptance of credit card. Then I requested a new reservation now for only 1 night which was accepted by the system. The reservation was made by Brazilian website decolar.com south beach hotel and received confirmations through hotelbeds.com.

Check in: 03/27/13
Check out: 03/29/13

On reaching the hotel, I was notified by MANAGER CONFIRMED that there were two reservations in my name and that the two have already been processed and the payment due to the cancellation policy of the hotel reservations, could not
cancel one of the reservations.

I informed the hotel that this case would be the two nights and after contacting the decolar.com informed me that if there were double booking on one of the nights my money would be returned.

On the afternoon of the 28th that my problem began.
After arriving at the hotel enjoying the last day of stay in the city (my flight would leave on 29th morning) I went to the lobby to use the internet. After some time the receptionist asked if I should have gone! I found it odd that question in a very rude tone. I explained what had happened over the two reserves. He said the system had only a reservation and then I should solve all the next morning with management.

I said I would not have time to resolve with management the next day because I should leave the hotel by 7:00 AM and we would call the manager who the day before had told me about the double booking.

The rude receptionist said that the manager was not available. I left to go to the pharmacy. When I returned to the hotel, I was informed by the receptionist that it should pay 2 nights and that neither reservations had been confirmed. He asked me for a credit card to spend two nights. I refused to give the credit card and said it would only pay for one night because the night before I had confirmation from the Brazilian site.
He told me I SHOULD PAY THE TWO DAYS OR LEAVE.

I was extremely upset with the attitude of the receptionist and said I WOULD GO AWAY. I packed my bags and left the hotel at 8:30 PM looking for a hotel for the next day back to Brazil. During this month I thought we should do or not such claim or even should trigger this hotel due in court the situation I went through.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard S
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We are pleased to announce that our hotel has gone under complete renovation since your last visit. We apologize for the inconvenience that you had. We hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust with our upgraded rooms and renovated hotel.

Jimmy Mouawad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
FINLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

NEGATIVE
- No hotel own parking
- Free spaces in nearest city parking lot available only in night time
- You can hear all the noise through windows. Feels like there is no windows at all.
- Breakfast not included in room rate. And the breakfast that you can buy from hotel is quite small and under average.
- Not so active service from hotel personnel

POSITIVE
+ Big city parking lot nearby
+ Location
* Beach is close
* Not right in city center so there is some possibility to find parking lots
+ There is french style bakery ("La Provence French Baker") nearby which has good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Juha V
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback! I am happy to say that we have been able to correct several of the issues you incurred when you last stayed with us!
We have undergone a complete interior renovation of the hotel rooms, and now include breakfast for 2 in the room rate. We also have valet available at the entrance of the hotel.

We hope you will come back to visit us!

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel since all other hotels were pretty much booked.
I had read the bad reviews on this site and I thought it'd not be a pleasant experience.

However, it went alright and we didn't have any problems.
One night, we had to complain about the noise, but the staff quickly took action and it was fine.

But I have to agree with most of reviews on this site, you shouldn't really expect customer service.

Room Tip: Request a room that's not facing the entrance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maisreviews
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2015

Lac du Bonnet, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com which I will never use again! We arrived after a cruise too early to check-in so we asked about storing our luggage which they had no problem doing. After walking around, we decided to take a bus/boat tour which would take 4 - 5 hours. We let the fellow at the front desk of the hotel know we were going on a tour and wouldn't be back for 4 - 5 hrs. This was at noon, and there was still no room available. After our tour, we returned to the hotel, and after the "manager" made a couple of calls, he informed us there was a problem. Someone didn't want to check out so they had no room for us. After a further call, he said they could give us another room. We had booked a standard double and were given a room with one bed. They put in a rollaway bed and threw a couple of king sheets on it - no pillow or blanket. I was with my two adult sons and was not happy about either sleeping on a rollaway or with one of my sons. After all, we were paying just under $300 for one night. Then we discovered that the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were hairs and globs of soap or hair product in the sink! My son wiped the tub with a piece of tp which came away black! We reported this to the "manager" who came up, had a look and told us they had no cleaning staff on site. We also got no apologies! It was around 7 p.m. Needless to say, we couldn't stay there, and so we were forced to find other accommodation. That was on the 17th of March, and Hotels.com tell me they can't get hold of the manager to confirm my story. I reported this on the 20th and have been getting the runaround ever since. Unless I get my money back, I will have paid just under $600 for one night in Miami! Lesson learned? Never book with a third party. Had we booked directly with the hotel, we would not have been charged ahead of time! BTW - Hotels.com said they have tried numerous times to get in touch with the manager with no luck! Hmmm...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank delphi46
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in 2013!

Respectfully,

Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beware of this hotel. One of the worst hotel experiences I've had. First my room that I booked over four months in advanced was not available so they gave us a single and rolled in an additional cot. Caesar at the front desk was absolutely rude and refused to compensate me for the inconvenience of their error. The shower was in disrepair (needed to be caulked), and it left huge puddles in front of the toilet which creates a huge slip hazard. Also found cockroaches in our room. There are no ice machine available either. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was that the kitchen staff was friendly. Other than that, this place was a dive!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anthony_J82
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We are pleased to announce that our hotel has gone under complete renovation since your last visit. We apologize for the inconvenience that you had. We hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust with our upgraded rain-fall shower head, rooms and renovated hotel.

Chester, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I arrived today at 3:30 ready to check in ( check in is at 3:00). We had to wait until 5:00 to check in because our room was not ready/ clean yet. The front desk clerk did not apologize for this inconvenience. He was actually down right rude. He also would not check our bags until our room was ready. Instead he said we could leave them in the lobby, but he would not be responsible for them. In all my years of travel, I really have never experienced such rude customer service. The price and location are good, and the rooms seem clean , however I will not come back here based on the very poor customer service. Finally, there is no parking...and no valet. You have to look for street parking. Really...I regret booking ths hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Katherine G
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We have also added Valet parking service to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I agree with many of the reviews in that best thing is the location.However it can still be noisy from guests outside and the road.They lost my booking ,much hassle and eventually found us rooms.No apologies or gesture for all the trouble they put us through plus expensive phone call to our travel agent in Europe.Fundamentally management is poor because they don't actually care.Some of the staff are very pleasant its just the management !South Beach still buzzing with people..so they don't need to!If you are not American I really can think of so many better places to go than Miami a waanabe look at me culture for the young and insecure

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business