“Average”

Ranked #119 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2013

NEGATIVE
- No hotel own parking
- Free spaces in nearest city parking lot available only in night time
- You can hear all the noise through windows. Feels like there is no windows at all.
- Breakfast not included in room rate. And the breakfast that you can buy from hotel is quite small and under average.
- Not so active service from hotel personnel

POSITIVE
+ Big city parking lot nearby
+ Location
* Beach is close
* Not right in city center so there is some possibility to find parking lots
+ There is french style bakery ("La Provence French Baker") nearby which has good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juha V
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback! I am happy to say that we have been able to correct several of the issues you incurred when you last stayed with us!
We have undergone a complete interior renovation of the hotel rooms, and now include breakfast for 2 in the room rate. We also have valet available at the entrance of the hotel.

We hope you will come back to visit us!

There are newer reviews for SBH South Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel since all other hotels were pretty much booked.
I had read the bad reviews on this site and I thought it'd not be a pleasant experience.

However, it went alright and we didn't have any problems.
One night, we had to complain about the noise, but the staff quickly took action and it was fine.

But I have to agree with most of reviews on this site, you shouldn't really expect customer service.

Room Tip: Request a room that's not facing the entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maisreviews
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We are pleased to announce that our hotel has gone under complete renovation since your last visit. We apologize for the inconvenience that you had. We hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust with our upgraded rooms and renovated hotel.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com which I will never use again! We arrived after a cruise too early to check-in so we asked about storing our luggage which they had no problem doing. After walking around, we decided to take a bus/boat tour which would take 4 - 5 hours. We let the fellow at the front desk of the hotel know we were going on a tour and wouldn't be back for 4 - 5 hrs. This was at noon, and there was still no room available. After our tour, we returned to the hotel, and after the "manager" made a couple of calls, he informed us there was a problem. Someone didn't want to check out so they had no room for us. After a further call, he said they could give us another room. We had booked a standard double and were given a room with one bed. They put in a rollaway bed and threw a couple of king sheets on it - no pillow or blanket. I was with my two adult sons and was not happy about either sleeping on a rollaway or with one of my sons. After all, we were paying just under $300 for one night. Then we discovered that the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were hairs and globs of soap or hair product in the sink! My son wiped the tub with a piece of tp which came away black! We reported this to the "manager" who came up, had a look and told us they had no cleaning staff on site. We also got no apologies! It was around 7 p.m. Needless to say, we couldn't stay there, and so we were forced to find other accommodation. That was on the 17th of March, and Hotels.com tell me they can't get hold of the manager to confirm my story. I reported this on the 20th and have been getting the runaround ever since. Unless I get my money back, I will have paid just under $600 for one night in Miami! Lesson learned? Never book with a third party. Had we booked directly with the hotel, we would not have been charged ahead of time! BTW - Hotels.com said they have tried numerous times to get in touch with the manager with no luck! Hmmm...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank delphi46

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in 2013!

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beware of this hotel. One of the worst hotel experiences I've had. First my room that I booked over four months in advanced was not available so they gave us a single and rolled in an additional cot. Caesar at the front desk was absolutely rude and refused to compensate me for the inconvenience of their error. The shower was in disrepair (needed to be caulked), and it left huge puddles in front of the toilet which creates a huge slip hazard. Also found cockroaches in our room. There are no ice machine available either. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was that the kitchen staff was friendly. Other than that, this place was a dive!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anthony_J82

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We are pleased to announce that our hotel has gone under complete renovation since your last visit. We apologize for the inconvenience that you had. We hope that you will give us another chance to regain your trust with our upgraded rain-fall shower head, rooms and renovated hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I arrived today at 3:30 ready to check in ( check in is at 3:00). We had to wait until 5:00 to check in because our room was not ready/ clean yet. The front desk clerk did not apologize for this inconvenience. He was actually down right rude. He also would not check our bags until our room was ready. Instead he said we could leave them in the lobby, but he would not be responsible for them. In all my years of travel, I really have never experienced such rude customer service. The price and location are good, and the rooms seem clean , however I will not come back here based on the very poor customer service. Finally, there is no parking...and no valet. You have to look for street parking. Really...I regret booking ths hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katherine G

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We have also added Valet parking service to our hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I agree with many of the reviews in that best thing is the location.However it can still be noisy from guests outside and the road.They lost my booking ,much hassle and eventually found us rooms.No apologies or gesture for all the trouble they put us through plus expensive phone call to our travel agent in Europe.Fundamentally management is poor because they don't actually care.Some of the staff are very pleasant its just the management !South Beach still buzzing with people..so they don't need to!If you are not American I really can think of so many better places to go than Miami a waanabe look at me culture for the young and insecure

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night in March 2013. From the outside you think it is a classy art deco Hotel. Inside it is functional, clean, and modern. We were checked in by a guy on reception who should not be working in a customer facing job, no welcome, no smile as if we were his problem rather than a paying guest. I think he spoke 3 words. He took forever on the computer. No offer of help with the luggage, a "take it or leave it attitude" We went up to the room and it could have been any budget hotel room in the world, like an Ibis if you know European hotel chains. Functional but clean. We walked down Ocean drive all the way to Park Hotel and it took around 20 mins, we got a taxi back. Next morning we walked about 5 mins and you was on the great beach. So if you want a basic hotel not too far from the action book this one. If you want to live the dream and pretend you are on the set of Miami Vice then I suggest to choose another one lower down Ocean Drive where you can park your Ferrari outside.

On check out our bill was incorrect and did not take into account our pre paid voucher. It took forever on the computer as the receptionist banged away at the keyboard for about 15mins in silence, we then dragged our suitcases to the wating taxi, no offer of help once again.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the entrance and was OK, you can park outside on parking meters to unload and ch...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

We are pleased to announce that our hotel has gone under complete renovation since your last visit. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your last stay with us and cannot wait to have you return and enjoy our new room upgrades.