“customer services” 5 of 5 stars

Clinton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #152 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“customer services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

when i went to the this hotel the customer services was amazing. when i got to the front desk, the front desk rep was amazing. her name was chantale and she was multitasking like no other. the Clinton hotel was an amazing stay for me when it comes to the rooms, staff and atmosphere. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jacob m
Jimmy M, General Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2015
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For my first trip to Miami, I picked the Clinton as I found a good deal online for a room for a week. Although there are many mixed reviews here, my experience was largely a positive one - check in was smooth and friendly, the room was a lovely size and had a good bed, nice shower and good Wi-Fi. The shuttle to the airport is very useful too (I would suggest making your own way to the hotel).

All the staff were friendly and helpful and even though my room faced the front street and had the lift opposite, I was happy to have a view and the noise that many reviews mention was not really an issue (except perhaps on the weekend but there is little the hotel can really do about this - some parties were more considerate than others).

The concierge was also helpful in organising an excursion though I would not advise the hop on hop off bus tour that picks up from outside the hotel - the quality of this tour was not satisfactory and had the hotel not endorsed it, I would have chosen another tour. However, Dijon was fantastic in booking an excursion for me and was always cheerful and pleasant (as were all the staff).

The only two points I had were regarding the complimentary breakfast which one needs to get a token for and can only get eggs and house fries. This was awkward and I ended up going out to breakfast nearby instead as it was more satisfying and better quality. I believe management need to review offering a breakfast service - a limited menu is a good idea but the current offerings do not really add any value. I would suggest either expanding options or doing away with the service altogether and allowing guests to pay their way or go elsewhere.

Secondly, whilst the hotel was clean, I did feel sometimes my room could have done with a deeper clean - please note this is a personal preference and there is an existing good standard of cleanliness in practice. As the hotel has a unique design aesthetic that is rather subjective (as all decor is!), a higher standard of cleanliness would enhance the experience one has at the Clinton.

Aside from these points, I cannot fault the hotel's efforts to ensure I had a good stay and all factors considered, I had a good time at the Clinton and with the deal I got, this was even better. If you like a hotel with a bit of character and don't mind the shabby chic, you will enjoy the Clinton. I would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: If you want a view, you'll have to accept some noise will come with it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Clinton was a lovely place in perfect location right in the center of South Beach. This hotel is a couple blocks away from the beach and all the crowds and noise that go with it. Service was wonderful and the rooms were clean and very affordable. Rita checked us in and was very pleasant and helpful with directions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stat at the Clinton and will return soon!

Room Tip: The hotel is not huge so I think all of the rooms would be equally good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was recently in south beach on business, and had chosen the Clinton hotel based solely on location. I picked it at random, as I have never stayed in south beach before.
I was TOTALLY pleased! even though I was there on business, I did want to take a little down time and loved the fact that the hotel offered a free happy hour at the bar, free drinks, who doesn't love that! Also the fact that it was only a 3 minute walk to the beach....allowed me to take in some sunshine without dipping too far into my work time.
The room was nice and clean, and when i requested a quiet room, Rita, who checked me in put me in a room that was just what I asked for...quiet. It had no view, which she mentioned, but that didn't matter to me since i had work to do.
It was a short cab ride to the convention center and walking distance to some good restaurants that seemed local, not your typical tourist traps.
During the day, I was even able to get some work done on my laptop out by the pool area which was pretty quiet and had a relaxing feel in the middle of a very busy lobby, bar area and south beach...which i have learned is pretty hectic and kind of party central!
If i have to come back to south beach on business or pleasure, I will definitely choose the Clinton....the entire staff was awesome and super helpful to me.

Room Tip: specify what you want upon check in....south beach can get pretty loud, so if you want a quiet room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Thus hotel is cosy, nice and feels like home. The restaurant food from next door wasn't all that great. The concierge was really helpful. The one name I can't forget is Chantale. She is very friendly, bubbly and nice. Durning check in she ask about my day and look really tired but had the energy of two toddlers. Literally every I was there I came down stairs just for her and tell her about my day and my husband's day. She seemed so interested and always so happy to hear my stories. The hotel staff and service is great. I felt like I knew Chantale. Anyone that goes needs to encounter Chantale I promise you won't regret.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are quiet side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank _soyoh_1H

Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This little hotel is so old fashion and cute. The color remind me of the 90's groovy look. The staff is amazing. Always attentive to us even if they may be in a deep conversation with another employee about work; they put it on hold to accommodate to our demands. My children mother talked Chantale's eat off for a good 30minutes. She was polite enough to listen and continue the conversation with my mother. Rooms were gorgeous I recommend lofts to anyone that visits. Even better the hotel is in the middle of everywhere. Clubs, mall, food areas. Don't forget to speak to concierge about all his discounts and promotions he has for clubs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Channel g

Medellin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This Hotel is a great location, just two blocks or so from the beach and all the bars and restaurants of South Beach. We stayed there for 4 nights recently and while we enjoyed our stay might not return next time. The staff are great, friendly and informative. The service at the free happy hour is very good and the included breakfast, while very basic was Ok (with great service). The pool is VERY small.

Our room backed onto an alley and was very noisy with a garbage truck passing (loudly) through every morning making sleep impossible. The hotel in general was quite noisy – you could hear the people in the rooms next to you and lots of yelling and screaming when walking down the hallways coming from rooms. Maybe it is more of a under thirties party hotel. We had no problems with theft at all, however the room doors do not feel very secure.

The lift is terrible – very slow and old.

All in all – not really for us, but the location for partying is perfect if you want a more reasonably priced place in South Beach right next to the action.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from backing onto the alley. Lower floor will also help as the li...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple