“Modern hotel in south beach”

Clinton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #156 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo, Norway
“Modern hotel in south beach”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed one night at Clinton before we went on a cruise.

The hotel was clean and the staff where friendly. It got a modern design and most guests where "young". Guests could get some free drinks in the bar during happy hour.

The hotel is in walking distance to the beach.

Our room was big for a standard double room, and so was the bathroom (no bathtub though).
Our bathroom had a somewhat broken shower head, and we where offered a new room, but it didn't matter since it worked and we only stayed for 1 night.

I would go there again.
The staff ordered a taxi for us when we left, we asked for a car big enough for 5 people, but got a standard car so they ordered one more.
(Didn't try or see any spa / fitness centre).

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor, witha window against a backyard or something. Not any view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimmy M, Daniela Garcia - Hotel Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2015
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'm a local DJ and commuting from any part of Miami to SoBe can be annoying, especially when you are on time constraints and need to be on time. My room was not available but I was upgraded to a newly renovated room, LOVED IT! Ricardo made sure I was taken care of and I did get the best rate. I was able to do my jobs and get plenty of free time in between, thanks for an excellent experience! Cant wait to see the rest of your newly renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Give yourself plenty of time if you Valet, they are a bit slow but very good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DJCabal
Jimmy M, Daniela Garcia - Hotel Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2015

West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked this hotel directly through their site and found the best rates (even after checking all the other comparing sites). I flew into Ft. Lauderdale, so there was no shuttle service, only from Miami. No worries though, the GoShuttle provided the ride. Getting checked-in was a breeze Joel,Michelle & Juan at the front desk were SUPER friendly and accomodating, considering my friend and I split the room and incidentals on two cards. The lobby has crisp white sofas & eye-catching art work, not to mention a beautful white and black tiled staircase (great for a photo op). Our room, phenomenal! They even had it fully air-conditioned when we walked in from the August heat. Also, anything you need, the housekeeping staff were on top of - how awesome. The accomadations were comfy enough for two people (plus guests to come hang out - it is S.Beach after all) including all of our luggage. Lots of storage. Everything is really clean & sleek. Chic. Art deco is the theme. We even had this cool blue light that was super sultry at night. The bathrooms are sparkly and edgy. It feels so fresh with all of the lighter colored tiles. This room was exactly what you'd want to come back too on vacation. Some, do have terraces, balconies and even patios overlooking a fountain. It will make you feel like you are on another vacation just sitting in your room. Amazing!
Now, dont forget about the pool - it's really intimate, but fun to meet others. I love that you didnt have to walk a huge distance to get to the other side and talk to people. My hair was able to be tied up so I could enjoy being in the pool without completely ruining my evening look. There is a restaurant connected to pool/hotel area that is full-service and will come help you out while you hang out in one of the ultra chic cabanas or plush lounge chairs or wicker tables. If you're looking for an modern & authentic S.Beach experience I highly recommend this hotel.
P.s. Take advantage of the freebies! The perks here are great.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony or terrace, its worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vonnie M

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Clinton last week and checked in with Ivis who was very friendly and easy going, and helped locate my reservation as it had been cancelled due to my card declining because of a mistake by a previous hotel.
All the staff were very friendly and always up for a chat, and as I was traveling by myself, this was very nice and definitely made me feel welcomed.

The room was really interesting with the decor and the TV was cool, it had many channels and you could even sync your Netflix account with it.
Only two things that may be negatives towards the room is that it's a loud hotel. It's not necessarily a "party hotel" but the walls are thin and you can here everything in the hallways and the surrounding rooms.
Also, one tiny little thing, but became especially brutal after being sunburnt at the beach, is that the shower door is way on the other side of the tap, so there is no way of turning on the shower without getting a huge burst of freezing cold water on your body. Again, nothing terrible, just a bit frustrating at the time.

Good location, just two blocks west of Ocean Drive, and walkable to many things.

Some really handy things about the hotel is that they lend guests beach towels and chairs and also have a free shuttle service to and from the airport! Amazing.
Will most likely stay here again on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jordan_woop
Shana M, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Jordan_Woop,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that we made you feel welcomed and at home even when you were traveling alone. Our hotel is an historic Art Deco property, and some faucets of the hotel have to remain untouched due to preservation regulations. However, we do our best to keep our guest noise levels to a minimum. We welcome your future stay next time you are in the heart of South Beach.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed for five days. The hotel picked us up from the airport which was a major plus. We checked in with no issues, the room was pleasant, clean, the pillow cases looked a little subpar and the housekeeper quickly changed them. Our room was next to an exit/entrance door leading towards the suites which was quite annoying at times because of the slamming of the door. Besides those issues the hotel was fine. They offered a free happy hour to the restaurant next door which was definitely a plus for me lol. I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed July 2013

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked a room for this hotel about two months ago for my girlfriend and I's anniversary. Getting to the hotel we found out that all the rooms were booked and that our reservation was lost. I was greatly disappointed. The front desk staff was so great to us though. Ivis went above and beyond to insure us a room for our weekend stay. Delphi took all of our luggage to the room and even left a bottle of champagne on his behalf and Ivis's. Both were super nice and even checked in on us to make sure everything was going ok. Valet was a little slow on getting our vehicle but thankfully they didnt loose our keys. Ivis and Delphi made our trip special and i appreciate them and everything that they did for us

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Venessa P.,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to exceed your expectations. Delphi and Ivis are gems on our property! We look forward to your return visit.

Thanks,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My Husband and our Friends travelled to South Beach for my Husband and I 2nd year anniversary. We stayed August 9-13.

During our arrival we walked up to the front desk to check in. The Clerk that was sitting behind the front desk , asked "what did we need " with a very frustrated voice!, If this hotel truly wanted to represent themselves as having great customer service, she should have stated, " Good Afternoon, How may I help you today", but NOOO, that was not the case. We Booked our rooms over the phone, and even thou it was asked they reply back to us was that there was NO, Deposit fee, and No Reservation Fee. So our total that was given to us including tax was $690.00 per room. Well there was a total different price when we checked in, The price was raised to $753.00 + $200.00 deposit = $953.00. So While we all are shocked by how the total was way off, we politely asked the Clerk what the extra $$ was for, she stated " that there is like a $30 or $50 resort fee, and then a deposit " and we then stated to her is she for sure, because she said Like, She was not sure either. She then stated to us that “when we booked the room on line that it clearly states that there was a Resort Fee, and a Deposit, and we clearly did not read it well. Once again , we politely advised her that we booked the room over the phone. We then asked her if she could please print us out a receipt that states how much our room is and if it will have a fee break down so we can see were all the funds are going towards. , The Clerk looked at us and said NO!, you get that when you check out. So while we are all getting our funds together to pay for the room, she asked us " Did we have enough $$$ to pay for our room? " All four of our faces was just blank, because We all was trying to figure out if she really just asked us did we not have enough money for our room. So then our friend stated to the clerk that if she is have a bad day , she does not need to take it out on us, The clerk then responded to our friend and stated " you can have a seat sir because I am not dealing with you ". So then we all paid the clerk for both rooms and my husband politely asked the clerk if the total of the rooms included our AAA discount, the clerk then stated " No, and that if we had AAA, we should have told her that when she was checking our reservation and that it is too late to apply the AAA discount ". This is when all four of us got upset, when asked to speak to her manager. The manager ( Bernard ) came out and we explained to him that we have AAA and booked our room using it and wanted to make sure the AAA was applied, the Manager then Simply looked at our print out that The clerk provided to us and it showed the AAA was applied, so the Clerk Simply had to do the same but she was too busy being snobby with us the Customer. So while the Manager was standing there, we asked the Clerk for her Name, she replied " You dont need to know my name, and I am not giving you my name ", The manager did advise her not to speak to us that way, but clearly he seen what we had to deal with.

The Concierge ( Franklin ) , offered to deliver our bags to our room , and stated that we should not have been treated that way. Later on that same day when coming back to our room before after eating dinner, Franklin advised us that he and Bernard the manager has left a gift for us in our room. They did provide us both with Champaign and a $50.00 certificate to the restaurant attached to the hotel. WE all appreciated that fact that basically someone said sorry for what we had to deal with. While My husband open the Champaign, I reached for a Champaign glass and on the glass was a clear purple lipstick stain along with the glasses all having liquid in them still from the previous guest . So we had to end up drinking out of the bottle.

Well while the rest of the days were cool, and if we had a question we ultimately went to Bernard and Franklin, because the Clerk had a very nasty attitude with us, and would answer our questions with a 1 word answer.
So on our last night there, we decided to Rent a Vehicle, so that we could travel to the last club we were going to visit , and for us to have the Car to go to the FT. Lauderdale Airport the next day, because the Shuttle The Client Hotel Provides only goes to the MIAMI Airport, and it only made since to rent a car for $50.00 vs. paying $84.00 again for a taxi to take us to the airport. So we rented the vehicle at 8pm and checked it in to Valet at about 8:30pm, we went to our room. Well after everyone got ready to go out for the night, we went to valet ( that spoke very little English ) and asked for our car. He open the draw, and stated " no key ", So we then proceeded to the front desk and there was a Different clerk (thank goodness ) whom called the valet and spoke with the supervisor of valet, whom stated that " they have been looking for us and that we checked our car in and left out with our car and checked it back in and did not give them the key, and that we need to look in our room for the key", so I advised them that we did not leave back out that we have been in our room the whole time and if they have been looking for us that they should have knocked on our door, called our room or even called our cell phone that was provided to them. So we all searched our two rooms to make sure we did not have the key. So I proceeded back down to the front desk , asked to speak with the Supervisor of Valet again, while I was talking on the phone with Valet, the supervisor advised me that his name is Joe and that they Valet that took our information and key the first time states that we did not give him a key ", So I proceeded to tell the supervisor that him or the Valet is going to come back up to this hotel and look for our key. So the Supervisor of Valet Joe, stated he was on his way. So Mind you, we went to Valet at 11:30pm, No one came back to the hotel until 2:30am, so we waited 3 hours mind you we could have been went out and back by this time. The crazy thing is that The original person that Valet our car, pulled up in his car, and then all of the sudden the Valet that told us there was no key, pulled around the corner with our Car. He told us the keys were left in the car. I then advised then that we are not stupid that He was joy riding in our car and that, if you valet a car, they have a key box that the keys are to be left in not the car. All in all they refunded the $28.00 valet fee back , but I did not feel that was enough due to experience, and they stated that we will have to talk to the hotel management the following morning before check out.

Myself and my Husband was able to speak with the manager Shana, She was very polite and understood our concerns, She offered us and Upgraded stay during our next stay but I did advise her that We will not be staying here again, So she asked me what I would like to see happen. I advised her that I feel it would be fair if she would be able to provide us with a 1 night credit on our Room and The 2nd room we reserved as they experience all we have as well. She stated she will see what she could do and would give us a call. So while we were packing up, she called and stated to my Husband that there was a $180.00 balance left on our room because our card was not charged, and that she will be able to give us a $75.00 credit toward our room only because our friends paid for their room in cash. I then spoke her over the phone and did advise here that our card should have been charged but seeing that we were dealing with a very rude person at check it, I am sure that is why it was not done, and that I am not please at all with just a $75.00 credit toward our room and our room only, because there was nothing documented that the other guest had any complaints., which is crazy because we all complained at the same time. How I figured it is that we both should have been credited back a night stay for each room , because our check in was just terrible and our last night truly was taken away from us, because the 3rd party Valet they use was more then likely joy riding in our Rental Car. She continued to state that is all they could do. All in all my Anniversary trip could have never been ruined because I was spending it with my Husband, but I did not feel I should have experienced any of this during my Anniversary.
I feel that I am a very Chilled and relaxed person. And to be honest this is the first time I have stayed at a hotel and was able to get so frustrated with the service and being brushed off with complaints. This truly is my first Review. I will NOT SUGGEST this hotel to ANYONE!!!

Sorry this review is so long, but I just could not leave anything out, I feel it should be known with that we had to deal with.

Room Tip: Rooms are not as spaciouse as I thought but dealt with it. You hear all convo in the Hallway and in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leetina S.,

Thank you for your review. We are deeply apologetic for your experience at our hotel. Please rest assured that we are retraining our staff to improve the quality of service at our hotel. We welcome your future return to our hotel and re-evaluate the quality of our services.

Best Regards,