“Affordable Luxury!”

Ranked #153 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Affordable Luxury!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

An amazing time in Miami all thanks to the Clinton Hotel. We could not believe all that the hotel had to offer at such a great rate. The hotel had everything you could expect and more. They have a Restaurant, Nice pool area, Jacuzzi in the Suite room, nice splash pool with access from some of the rooms, super cool atmosphere, in-house spa, very large gym, and meeting space. We ordered room service from the restaurant and the food was amazing. This is defenitley the place to be when in South Beach!

Room Tip: be ready for lots of fun
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank omg679
Jimmy M, Daniela Garcia - Hotel Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2015
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 16, 2011

me and my significant other stayed there for almost one week. although the staff is pleasant and nice enough, the hotel itself was pretty much awful and probabaly the worse hotel i've ever stayed in. the rooms are very small. the sheets/comforter had some stains on them. in addition, some of the towels had holes in them. what was really funny was that there were no towel racks on which to hang your towel after using them. also, the room was infested with bugs and i woke up every morning with new bug bits on my arms, legs, neck, hand. the hotel is located in a pretty noisy part of town filled with party people so if you want to fall asleep before 4am stay farther away from the area like in northbeach. definitely stay away from this hotel. luckily, miami is such a fantastic city that the hotel did not ruin our trip.

1 Thank paulsfca
ltase, General Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
As a General Manager of the Clinton hotel I regret to read this review and disappointed that you did not find your stay at our hotel pleasant. I work days and nights to insure that our is one of the top notch hotel in it’s class. Every day I inspect all the rooms myself to make sure all the problems you mentioned in your review do not happen. It never happens. It is hard to believe that you experienced these negativities in your room. For me, personally I would not stay in a room with all these problems especially bugs and holes on a towel for even just one night. And this is a surprise to me to read the problems in your review online for the first time. I have did not hear any complaints from you at the time of your stay. Maybe you are not the type to complain but to stay in a hotel room as bad you mentioned on your review and not say anything at all to management, you are very good not to complain at all while you’re there. Most people would complain or walk out and ask for a refund. Most of the time we welcome and honor hotel guests and serve them with dignity but once in a while we do get guest who is willing to try anything to save some bucks. Specially in this though economy. I take great pride in running the hotel property and make sure all of my hotel guests are satisfied. Again I regret to read that you had such unpleasant visit at our property. If you would contact me, we could discuss in details some the experiences you had and maybe direct me to the hotel that you said had all these problems. I am here to make sure everyone of our guests happy and satisfy with Clinton hotel and make sure they come back and stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Nice
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We loved our stay at the Clinton everything was immaculate the room the staff and the location . Their concierge is very good we gott some club passes and recomandations for restaurants everything went perfect. We can't wait to return in September.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 12, 2011

So I went to Miami with my girlfriend the first week of may. I was a little hesitant to book this hotel because of the reviews I read, but I figured I would give it a shot. We flew into Miami around noon and were at the hotel by 1pm. Check-in is not until 3pm, but they had a room ready which was really nice. Once we got to the room I inspected the bed sheets and found stains. Called to the front desk and requested another room because I didnt want to wait for new bed sheets and also the room was kinda small. No other rooms were available until 3pm. So went and explored South Beach for a little bit until they got us another room.

The new room was very nice and spacious, but did not have a fridge. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to have a fridge to keep our water cold. The bathroom was also very nice and big. The hotel does smell a little funky, but only for a few seconds once u get in. I would personally stay away from the elevator because it does not sound very safe and their inspection expired in Dec of 2010. We used it a few times and it was ok, but it the breaking system was squeaking(not a very good sound to hear in an elevator!!)

The hotel is pretty loud. You can her everything. Once again not a big deal since I'm very easy going, but i can see how this can be annoying. Our room was right next to the housekeepers closet, so you could always hear people getting in to get supplies. Some of the employees were very loud and I felt as if they did not have respect for the guests trying to sleep. Even though most of the housekeepers did not speak English they were still very helpful and would get us towels when we needed them.

The people that work at the front desk definitely need to get some more hospitality training! Once again I'm a very easy going person and let a lot of thing slide, but honestly if you find customer service important and prompt service you may not want to stay here. Called the front desk a few times to request a privacy sign since our room did not have one and they said they would send someone up right away. 2 hrs later we get a knock on the door saying "housekeeper". Clearly no privacy sign was ever sent up. So i asked the housekeeper nicely to get us one and she did. Also we only had our room cleaned once. The one day we needed it cleaned we went downstairs right before going to the beach and asked the representative if they can make sure to clean our room. They said sure they would send someone up right away. We came back 5 hours later around 4pm and of course nothing was done. So we saw a housekeeper in the hallway and asked if they can clean the room. We got a call from the front desk telling us we need to let them know well before 5pm because that is when the housekeepers leave for the day. We didn't even bother arguing, but we told them much sooner then that.

The only time that they were nice to us is when we were leaving. The concierge was all chatty and offered to take our bags to the taxi. The only reason he did it because he wanted a tip. All of the other days we were there he wouldn't even bother saying hello to us. Either way I gave him a $10 tip for 3 seconds of work.

So to sum it up. The hotel is in a great location!! Everything is in the walking distance and the beach is literally 4 min. away. If you don't mind noise and kinda tracking housekeepers down on your own and don't care too much about customer service, then this is definitely a cheap option and a great location. If you care about being pampered, then I would recommend paying extra to get that service and go to the Delano or Fontaineblau.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We apologize for the challenges that you faced during your stay. However, we are happy to announce that the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Recently stayed here with a friend and was very happy with our room, the location of the hotel and friendliness of hotel staff. I found the room to be spacious, bright and clean. The pool was smaller than I expected, but we were within a few blocks of the beach so we spent most of our time there anyway. There are lots of shops and places to eat right on Washington. It is also very close to nightlife, Mansion specifically. The hotel does provide towels and small beach chairs for guests. They offer a "Facebook" fan discount. I was not happy with the services at the spa- the services were very expensive and the staff is not always there...we scheduled appointments but the spa attendant was late (they work at all different hotels in the area and travel back and forth) and the spa was lacking in supplies she needed...she was excellent (I got a mani/pedi and my friend a massage) but I found the overall experience was not relaxing because of administrative issues. Otherwise, hotel and locale were excellent and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Small hotel near the beaches of Miami Beach. Only small walk to Ocean Drive. There is a bar connected to the hotel where you also can buy breakfast in the morning. With the bar, there was also a small pool. The staff was treating us very good. There were no good view from the windows.

Room Tip: Good price, close to the beach
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The walls in this hotel are thin. How thin? Last night I awoke around 3 a.m. to a woman groaning from the next hotel room "oh daddy, oooh daddy, go ahead daddy." I kept waiting for "daddy" to declare "it;s a Queens thing" and the woman to start singing "who do you love? Are you for sure?"

Some rooms in the hotel overlook the pool area. Do not stay in those rooms if you want to sleep before 2 - 3 a.m. (This is South Beach. A lot of people probably prefer these rooms.) The noise level in the room is loud.

The valet parking lot is about four blocks away. Call down if you need your car and do not want to wait 20 minutes.

I saw no evidence of a spa. But. The price is pretty great and the hotel is three blocks from the beach. The building is a vintage art deco property that has been updated. It feels very Miami.

The rooms have 1990s-era tube televisions in hospital ceiling hangers, the air-conditioners are loud and the Internet is about as quick as AOL was in 1995. But, who come to Miami to watch television or play on the Internet? This is a good hotel for the price, in a great location, with walls thin enough to provide free entertainment. (And, let the record reflect, "daddy" most certainly went ahead.

Room Tip: Be sure that you room does not overlook the pool.
Stayed April 2011, traveled on business