“DELICIOUS!”

Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #44 of 1,164 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Peruvian, Venezuelan, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: EAT DRINK PARTY DANCE in A UNIQUE PLACE!!!
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant was great, and very responsive staff. We used a restaurant.com certificate. Great food, good atmosphere. They even had live performers and we actually thought we were listening to a CD! The drinks are a little light on the alcohol though.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I loved the variety of options from each country's signature dishes! Can't get better than that. The wine & spirit menu is one of a kind and has a wide selection. We found this place because of Groupon...thank you! With all the other eateries in the area that was a good way to explore this place. I also loved the entertainment that was performing and singing on the small stage.
The food was absolutely delish! The entree I had was the "MARISCOS AL AJILLO" from the country Chile. It was made and presented in this small pot full of seafood surprises and creole type sauce, with white rice on the side! Lets just say I had my leftovers cold the next day without warming it up and it was the bomb.com! A must try! Overall I liked the loungey feel this place had to it, added with the different cultures of food. This is a no brainer! Also, there is sidewalk seating for people watching.

1  Thank khouse11
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here after being unsure on where to go on our holiday! Saw it on Trip Advisor and so so happy we went.

Served by a waiter called Cesar, excellent service, we had lots of questions about the Columbian food, all of which he answered well. Food was very tasty and different, he recommended a nice Columbian beer and then helped us with our desserts. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting! Good prices too.

1  Thank Adrian D
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I discovered Bolivar while on the South Beach tour that Miami Culinary Tours hosts in the area. This was our second stop on the tour, and this restaurant is now my go-to place when I'm craving empanadas.

We were given samples of a beverage called 'refajo', which is a mix of beer and soda. It was sweet and fizzy and reminded me a bit of drinking a moscato wine. In addition to the refajo, we also had 'patacon' (deep fried green plantains with shredded beef on top) and an empanada (a corn fillo pocket with meat inside). They were both absolutely spectacular. The best part of the dish though was the spicy green sauce they served along-side. It was so spicy it made my eyes water, but so good I kept putting it onto every bite.

The restaurant itself specializes in a fusion of Columbian and South American cuisine, and it reminds me of an upscale wine bar with a latin twist. The prices seemed reasonable for the quality of the food, and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for authentic Columbian while they are in Miami.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Found this place on Groupon , and we were very happy. WeWent there for lunch ,and we really liked the Latin vibe. The food was absolutely great, the staff and service was wonderful. We will definitely be going here every time we are in Miami .