“Lovely and reasonably priced!!”

Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #28 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Peruvian, Venezuelan, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: EAT DRINK PARTY DANCE in A UNIQUE PLACE!!!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just back from a weeks trip to Miami and went twice to this restaurant. Lovely food, great flavours, attentive and friendly staff and much more reasonable than the prices on Ocean Drive. Definitely worth a visit in my book!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food was plentiful, place was friendly but....the quality was really average at best. Greasy, unimaginative and a strange mix of latin american dishes. Not impressive.

1  Thank 33map
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my bestie went to Bolivar on Friday night. We purchased a groupon which was $30 for one appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 dessert. Well worth it! For the appetizer we ordered the shrimp patacones, which was basically tostones relleno with shrimp. Yummy but spicy! For the entree I had churrasco with seasoned fries and salad. The churrasco was a little under seasoned, but after adding chimichurri it tasted better. The seasoned fries were delicious and so waa the salad. My besties ordered the picanha steak which was also a lil under seasoned . It came with fried yuca (amazing!) And the same yummy salad. For dessert we shared the passion fruit creme brulee which was so good!! The place itself was nice, they had live music that night which was a plus. Was very clean, I recommend checking it out for something! Make sure to ask ur waiter if there are any wine specials, we scored a bottle of merlot for $19, which never happens on south beach! Also get the groupon for more savings!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After a couple of disappointing meals in Miami, we were walking around the Art Deco District looking for inspiration and stumbled upon Bolivar. In actuality, we only went in because they had a Trip Advisor sign on the door! I'm so glad that we did!

We loved everything from the sangria, to our delicious lunch of arepas, ""eche" ceviche marinated in lime/passion fruit juice, beef empanadas, fried plantains, artichoke appetizer, to the natas - a traditional, creamy pudding-style dessert that sounded terrible as it is described as "the film that is on top of milk when permitted to boil for too long", but was absolutely fantastic!

There are many choices for great South American cuisine in Miami, but I have to believe that Bolivar is one of the best choices for delicious food, friendly staff, (especially Lina!), and great value.

As we left the restaurant, my teenage son thanked me for the meal, apologized for eating way more than his share of the dessert - "I couldn't help it, Mom, it was sooo good", then added, "Mom, that lunch was delicious, and that girl, Lina, is so hot! :)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Si senor. 4 1/2 STARS. BEST place for Latin cuisine (Venezuelan, Colombian and Peruvian Fusion) in SoBe. Bolivar is a great find and experience. If you are a tourist, get off of Ocean Drive (you will love Bolivar), and if you are a local (like me), you will be happy over and over again. I can't wait for my next visit to try some other dishes because the ones I had last night were amazing in taste and presentation (see photos). The service was very good and attentive. The atmosphere was lively, but not loud and crazy. There was a guy (Sage de Bolivar) playing a flute to retro-rock style music. Very cool.

Although I did use a Groupon, the prices are reasonable for the quality (and SoBe). Also, there is happy hour M-F (5-8:00). We started with Patacones with Shrimp (excellent) and the four sauces for use. My date had the Churrasco (skirt steak) which was very tender. I had the Mojarra Cartagena (fried fish) which was a beautiful presentation and delicious. And then the Cuatro Leches for dessert which was nice (I'm not a dessert guy).

Seriously great restaurant and a surprise being in SoBe. Do yourself a favor and walk two blocks from Ocean Drive for an amazing experience. You will NOT be disappointed.