“Very good”

Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #26 of 1,103 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Peruvian, Venezuelan, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: EAT DRINK PARTY DANCE in A UNIQUE PLACE!!!
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very good Central/South American mix a couple of blocks off Ocean Drive. We enjoyed the ceviche sampler - 3 shot glasses of standard lime ceviche and 3 shot glasses of their own passion fruit ceviche. We loved it except for the smoked mussels - probably because we just don't like smoked mussels! Then we chose the special -- 7 appetizers for $29. The fried artichoke with parmesan cheese was superb! Wow! The corn with cotija cheese as also fantastic. A good value in South Beach.

1  Thank ES442
There are newer reviews for Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went there after reading the comments on TripAdvisor. The food was excellent! I would recommend the tapas mixture (7 for 29$) and the Seviche. The food took too long to get and we had hungry kids with us - that's why I don't give it a 5 star.

2  Thank MrZangief
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It's off the strip, so if your looking for authentic cultural food away from the tourists, this is a great place. The shredded chicken over the plantain was great. My other family members also enjoyed the empanadas.

1  Thank Hazlettfamily
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Food was great, prices good. Service was attentive and atmosphere nice. Good option in South Beach, away from the overcrowded, and overpriced restaurants on the front.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I knew WMC/UMF was going to make South Beach unbearably packed; and I mentally prepared myself for the obnoxious pretentious opulence this place breeds. After several days of mingling with that nonsense, it was so refreshing to step into this escape.

In the middle of the hustling SoBe area, walking into Bolivar is like walking into another world... or at least another continent. With the perfect volume of Latin music infused with exotic scents permeating the air, I forgot I was in the chaos of Miami. We were greeted politely and sat promptly. Our waiter was friendly and explained the makeup of all the food items he brought to us. Any questions we had were met with an informative, friendly explanation. Overall, the service and atmosphere were perfect for what we were looking for that night. Unpretentious, authentic, and welcoming.

The food was fantastic as well. We both had chicken dishes, and shared our meals with one another. The chicken and mushroom dish with cream sauce was so delicious; tender, perfectly flavored, and the right mix of textures. The chicken saltado was also good; however, a little salty for my liking. If not for that, I would have given this a "five."

I would definitely come back to Bolivar; and I recommend this to anyone traveling through the area.

1  Thank astrohl02