“Great service, good food”

Bolivar Restaurant Bar Lounge
Ranked #23 of 1,075 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Venezuelan, South American, Colombian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: EAT DRINK PARTY DANCE in A UNIQUE PLACE!!!
Bellingham, Washington
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good food, good service, dinner prices were in the $15-22 range. No other customers in there except two cops. Cool funky vibe. I would return to try again. I had civeche and husband had something else, though I can't recall what.

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun, Latin and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My son ad I were walking to see the sunset at South Pointe Park when we stumbled on Bolivar. The enthusiastic owner, who is Columbian waited on us and described the offerings (from Columbia, Peru and Argentina. The Sangria special was delicious as were our dishes. We really enjoyed it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank psyduck1947
Miami, Florida
“So disappointed! The service sucks!!! RUDE GROSS HORRIBLE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

RUDE GROSS HORRIBLE!!!I could not be more disappointed with a resurant ...I live and work on Miami beach and I choose a new place to eat everyday, this was the wrong choice! The wait for empenadas was 40 min and for our food was over an hour !!! I had to return to the bar twice to get a refill for my drink and our waiter was rude and Inattentive then at the end he even had the audacity to add gratuity on shotty service!! I was appalled ....honestly the worst expierence I have ever had for lunch! I will never ever go here again and I will discourage anyone from ever going here!! RUDE GROSS HORRIBLE!!

1 Thank Derek F
Thornhill, Canada
“Left me wanting more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Bolivar was one of the stops on our South Beach food tour and we sampled 2 great tasting dishes and a drink (I would not even attempt to spell, let alone pronounce what we ate). The atmosphere at the restaurant was authentic and happy and we all felt very welcome there. I am definitely keeping Bolivar on my list of restaurants to visit again.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Atmosphere and Enthusiastic Waitstaff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I tried this restaurant the other day based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was good, not great, but certainly good and interesting (and plentiful). Ambiance was good. Sangria was great. Our waiter Alfonso was extremely enthusiastic and helpful with suggestions. We ate inside, but there are a couple of tables outside if one wants.

• Visited December 2012