“colombian fast food”

Dining options: Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“colombian fast food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Colombian hotdogs are nothing like an north american hot dog. These are elaborate affairs with melted cheese, crunchy chip bits, mayonnaise and much more. Some of the taste combinations they carry are a bit wacky but they have tons of savoury combos. As well as shrimp cocktail, Colombian style, in all its mayonnaise filled glory. I saw this on Anthony Bourdain's "The Layover" from the Travel Channel, in the Miami episode and i visited Miami and went and it was just like eating at my Aunts house back home in Colombia, these hot dogs are a staple at any family gathering where theres kids. A little farther north on the main strip from the "main" area in Miami Beach. Nearby pay parking and if your lucky, on the street.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank crocifixia

“Good quick bite”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Great service. Had cravings for a hoy dog. Do not have the Espanol. All others ordered at my table were much better than mine. Not a good combo of ingredients.

Houston
“Can't wait to come back!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This place was so good, my husband and I arranged a layover in Miami for our next trip to the Carribean just so we could stop in again! We tried about a half dozen different ones and they were all awesome!

• Visited June 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Horrible”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I went to Perrada de Edgar on May 30, around 9 pm, and unfortunately the hot dogs were really bad.
The bread was very moist and tasted terribly. To make matters worse, I ordered a Chilli and Cheese Hot Dog, whose obvious description said it would be served with chilli and cheddar. When I got my sandwich, I thought I was given the wrong one, as it was covered with a white cheese. I found it strange and questioned the attendant. He answered me that they were out of cheddar that night and he decided, by himself, to use mozzarella. Without asking me before. And without telling me later.
The chilli and the sausage were not bad but the damp bread and the mozzarella blew the hot dog.
The place was empty and kept broadcasting the show of Anthony Bourdain in looping aiming at attracting some unsuspecting customer. It didn’t work. While I stood there, no one else entered the place. Really doesn’t worth it at all.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lilian F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty Dogs”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had the Spanish, very tasty. The owner was very friendly and showed me how to eat it without leaving half of it on my pants. Bourdain was right!

Visited March 2014